Remove Advertisements

Voidreaver Trash

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Voidreaver Trash

Postby Skeezy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Currently my guild has decided to start doing TK to farm what is supposed to be easy Voidreaver, only a few people have any experience in any 25's and those that do are some what limited on what they know.

Last night was our first time in, just seeing how well we could do and we did fine up until the bird packs with the handlers.

I wanted to aoe tank the birds and have the other two tanks druid and warrior tank the two handlers.

How exactly should this go? After looking up Strats on Wowwiki and stuff, it seems like you just want to spam CC on the birds as they come, but another thing I notice about Wowwiki it rarely puts anything in it's strats about play tanks. Is CC nessecary and does it make the pull more complicated then it has to be? I know they silence but you can just spam dispel on the tank right?

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Skeezy
Skeezy

Re: Voidreaver Trash

Postby Koln » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Skeezy wrote:I wanted to aoe tank the birds and have the other two tanks druid and warrior tank the two handlers.

Certainly doable.

Is CC nessecary and does it make the pull more complicated then it has to be? I know they silence but you can just spam dispel on the tank right?

I've found CC isn't necessary. Here's how we do it.

Everyone stay in the room (down the hall) just before A'lar. Have the hunters MD to you. The warrior/druid tanks will pull the handlers off in the hallway and tank them there. The rest should reach you in the room before the hallway. Use your AW, consecrate and holy shield right before they arrive so you can build initial threat even if a silence hits you. You may want to use a block trinket instead of the dodge one just for the additional threat. I also use Ret Aura and BoSanc just to be sure.
Koln

Postby jere » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:18 pm

Having someone to spam cleanse you of the silence helps, as does backing yourself into a corner to reduce the impact of their knockbacks.
jere

Postby Skeezy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Awesome thanks, I'll try that out tonight.

Btw, how do you get the cool info things in your sig's.
Skeezy

Postby Koln » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Skeezy wrote:Btw, how do you get the cool info things in your sig's.

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3699
Koln

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 am

Yep, make sure someone is dispelling the silence, and get a hunter to MD pull to you with multishot. The bear and warrior can pick up the handlers easily enough, but you really want some non-zero threat on all of the birds if possible. Otherwise they'll run back to the other tanks when their earthshields, mendings, and lifeblooms go off. :roll:

I drop my first consecrate in the... second doorway from alar's room, if you will. Then I let the birds stall at me there and position myself to get punted back to a corner in the previous room. When everything reaches me there, I put up a skull and let the AoE start in.

-- BTW that's not really Voidreaver trash, that's Alar trash. :) VR trash is even more annoying.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Dnasheen2 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:44 pm

As soon as the pack is pulled, I stand in the middle and once I see them, I drop a consecrate in the 1st archway, then I turn around and start running.

By the time I get to the second archway, my Consecrate CD should be up, and I will drop a second Consecrate. Having a hunter place a slowing trap here helps to make sure the birds suffer more dmg ticks.

I then turn around and start walking pedalling backwards towards a wall. I dun bother to ask my healer to dispell me and just spam Cons/HS whenever each silence is over.

Once those 2 humanoid mobs are down, AOEers come to take down the birds and you'll have more then enough aggro on them to hold them all.

We usually use a hunter's pet to pull.
Dnasheen2

Postby Smartos » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 pm

We use a pet to pull the packs and stay in the room where the last group of guardians stood. A shot time before the phoenixes arrive, I drop a consecrate in the archway and then run into the corner of the room. Usually, all birds follow me into the corner where I tank them.

One thing is important: the warriors/druids that tank the archers must not stand before your consecrate. In this case, the birds will aggro them and you may have a problem.
Smartos

Postby Cyberwaste » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:55 pm

I tank all the dragonhawks. Basically, we have 2 hunters MD the blood elves to 2 different tanks, I stand in the opening between Al'ar's room and the hallway and lay down a max-ranked consecration. I then move to a corner in the hallway with my back towards it (to deal with the knockback) and let my consecration pick up the hawks while the other tanks tank the elves. You'll need moderate healing on you since you'll probably be taking the most damage, as well as someone dispelling the silences so that you can continue building threat. Then simply have mages/locks/whatever AOE down the hawks.

My guild used to try CCing those things but my consecration ended up picking them up anyway and me tanking them just makes those pulls easier, so we stopped bothering.

And yeah, wowwiki for some reason seems to avoid the mention of prot paladins in their strats at all costs, even if it would logically be a better/easier choice.
Cyberwaste

Return to Tempest Keep