Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Mass Effect - Best RPG series of all time?

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am

I lost my save files when I got a new computer, expecting Steam sync to actually sync save state is too much to ask I guess. Replying through 2, no desire to do 1 again, and I realize how indifferent I am towards the game.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Torquemada » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm

You can download other peoples' saves if you want. I think the website is masseffectsaves.com or some such. I came out to Afghanistan without mine, and I picked up a Paragon save that was close enough that I don't care. Then I downloaded a save editor so I could edit Shepard's first name to what I want.
Torquemada

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am

Torquemada wrote:You can download other peoples' saves if you want. I think the website is masseffectsaves.com or some such. I came out to Afghanistan without mine, and I picked up a Paragon save that was close enough that I don't care. Then I downloaded a save editor so I could edit Shepard's first name to what I want.

I did, I grabbed a ME1 save that was close enough to what I wanted, only difference as I sacrificed the council and this save saved them. I greatly enjoy the combat missions (outside fo stupid boss fights), I just don't want to space bar through 15 hours of dialog.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 am

I recently reinstalled ME3 and discovered that multiplayer got even better in my absence.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 am

Care to elaborate?

I had a massive boner for the Multiplayer mode back when the game released, and I've been itching to try it again, but feared there wouldn't be enough players anymore.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby sahiel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I've never had to wait more than a minute or two for a game, there are loads of new classes now, some that really change up the gameplay and enough to cover most play styles, still surprisingly fun for something I never thought I'd play.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:40 am

sahiel wrote:I've never had to wait more than a minute or two for a game, there are loads of new classes now, some that really change up the gameplay and enough to cover most play styles, still surprisingly fun for something I never thought I'd play.

Basically, this.

There's lots of new fun stuff, from guns, to race/class combos (including playable Vorcha and Voluses, both of which are totally awesome), to maps, to objective waves, to a whole new enemy faction. Yes, the Collectors are back - apparently, we didn't quite kill them all in ME2.

The old stuff's gotten better as well - classic maps now have "hazard" variants, old guns are more balanced, some of the more annoying bugs got fixed (e.g., it's no longer a death sentence to play Vanguard off-host), and there were some nice quality of life improvements (fire/cryo explosions now trigger like biotics/tech bursts - kills are no longer required).
Passionario

Postby Passionario » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 am

Oh my. A playable Collector. :shock:
Passionario

Postby Paxen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 am

Passionario wrote:Oh my. A playable Collector. :shock:

Is it really a collector? Wouldn't it be a Protean like the From Ashes squadmate?
Paxen

Postby Passionario » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 am

"When the Reaper-killer known as Leviathan fought the Collectors, it severed their connection to Harbinger with a thrall device. Most Collector forces died as a result, but a few surivived. Now, these rare individuals fight for the memory of their people, a proud race broken by the Reapers.

Protheans appointed avatars to embody and model a single virtue for their society. The Awakened Collectors' virtue is vengeance."

Last edited by Passionario on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Passionario

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 am

If that image was any lower in resolution I'm sure it'd be made out of green text on a black display screen.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Better?
Passionario

Postby Gracerath » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 am

I didn't even know a new DLC was coming out until the day before it was scheduled to come out. I ended up getting the krogan warlord and tried him out for a few matches. Fun but I'm not really into the melee part of the game. I went back to the turian ghost for most of the day and ended up unlocking the new EDI character as well. It has been months but it is always fun to come back when a new DLC comes out. I'm so far behind though. I have a massive amount of characters to unlock yet. A few friends started playing again too so it is a nice distraction for the time being.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Delphineas » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Thread necro!

So I FINALLY got a PS3 last September (Fuck paying $60 to watch blu rays on my computer every 2 years) and got the trilogy for christmas. Made a slight noob mistake of rolling the base class for 1. However, I also made a renegade shep who wants to know if she HAS to go to Virmire? I'm guessing yes for all the storyline reasons, but the choice? God, I went there on my male paragon soldier expecting to lose a squadmate thanks to minor spoilers, but for it o be so sadistic of a choice?
For reference , I had Keidan go on the suicide mission metaexpecting to off him, then came the next part and it felt like the Normandy could out run the explosion, but not the AA tower....

Also, I was under the impression Shepard dies at the end of ME1?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Passionario » Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 am

After watching Captain America: Winter Soldier, I became convinced that Kai Leng would actually work if he could just shut up.

No taunts, no emails, no monologues - just a living weapon that appears at the most inopportune moments and brutally murders crucial NPCs (and is actually your squadmate that was abandoned on Virmire and got recovered by Cerberus).
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games