Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Still missing a chapter Sag :-P

Oh, and you forgot the all important exchange between Aethas, rommath and Lor'themar - the Sunreavers being poput under Rommath's command as more blood magi, and both of them agreeing that Lor'themar would make an excellent warchief... and if I'm not misremembering, Lor'themars answer... "It may come to that"
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm

So I have this image in my head now of Dalaran floating menacingly in the air over Orgrimmar...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Well it WAS moving over the sea when we escpaed from it on the backs of some of the freed dragonhawks...

I guess the question is how long it takes a floatig city to move the distance from northrend to orgrimmar.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Memory Wine (Alliance Side)

**** Spoilers ****
After several days on the line pushing back the horde incursion in Krasarang, Agent Connelly summoned me once again to aid him in his search for information about this so-called 'Divine Bell'. This time, it was to meet up with him at the Grummel Bazaar in Kun Lai Summit, where he'd been shadowing Garrosh Hellscream and his minions.

The task was a strange one for a paladin such as myself: obtain armor from the orc guards and outriders, and sneak into camp to find out what was going on. I suppose the heavy armor, sword and shield indicate I am well suited to subterfuge… but alas, the task falls to me as I imagine more suitable agents are off trying to impress Wrathion. At any rate, the task was easy enough: I suppose the stench and size of the orc armor well hid my features… and reminded me how long it had been since I'd actually gotten my own armor cleaned.

As I approached the center of the camp, Hellscream stood with some pet of his called 'Ishi' (a warrior of some prowess from the look of it) and none other than Baine Bloodhoof. In front of the trio was a bound Mogu, with a strangely confident countenance given the circumstances, dressed in a more fanciful version of the robes worn by the Korune spellweavers I'd encountered earlier. Hellscream was more than happy to use conventional means of torture to extract information about the whereabouts of the Divine Bell, but Bloodhoof intervened. He gestured toward a keg nearby, indicating that he'd come into a most peculiar local brew which was said to allow one to witness the events in another's past. You can imagine my surprise when they looked toward me and asked me to be the one to drink it and relay what I witnessed.

I suppose Hellscream and Bloodhoof were being wary, and just passing it off to whatever peon was at hand but I spoke little Orcish… so I prayed to The Light and steeled myself for what would inevitably happen when they found out my identity. Then Ishi grabbed the orc standing next to me and handed him a draft of the brew. The grunt slugged it down and the group watched him intently. I made out a few words when the grunt came back: "crypt", "mountain", "ghosts", "trap". Hellscream seemed to be pressing for more, but the poor grunt clearly had no idea where this mountainside crypt was or what he had seen. So I took a chance and grabbed a slug of the wine myself.

It came to me clear as day: A mountainside, not unlike the many peaks in Kun Lai, but this one was lush and green. A terrace, with an archway of clearly Mogu construction, and no obvious pathways leading to it, with ruins strewn about the entrance. And the same Mogu that was standing before me, standing proudly before this arch. A lesser dressed Mogu (apparently called 'Avartu') ran before him, called him 'Warlord', and spoke of final preparations for the crypt, and protecting the Divine Bell until the Thunder King rose again. The Mogu were apparently being pursued by the Shado-Pan, and the Warlord was not willing to wait for the evacuation of the crypt. I saw as the Warlord drove Avartu into the crypt, and collapsed the entrance: burying Mogu and slave alike in that dreadful place…

May The Light have mercy on their souls.

I quickly left camp when the opportunity presented itself and met back up with Connelly at the Bazaar. When he found out I'd seen the last known position of the Bell, he sent word Immediately to Lion's Landing and asked that I stand ready as a summons would likely come soon.

**** END SPOILERS ****
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 am

Nooska wrote:Still missing a chapter Sag :-P

Oh, and you forgot the all important exchange between Aethas, rommath and Lor'themar - the Sunreavers being poput under Rommath's command as more blood magi, and both of them agreeing that Lor'themar would make an excellent warchief... and if I'm not misremembering, Lor'themars answer... "It may come to that"

Amended the last chapter with relevant info. Didn't find a good place to insert the bench flipppin', so I'll go with the majority vote:

(ノಠ益0)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, last chapter!

*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

Chapter 13: Breath of darkest shadow (FINAL DAY) : The Bell had returned to Kun-Lai, but I wrily wondered if Lor'themar had sent insults scribbled on its sides for the Warchief. I guess that even in the face of extinction, humor remains our greatest armor. Garrosh was ready to use the Bell, and the heroes of the Horde had been invited to celebrate.

Tak-tak was worried as well - and when a talking monkey is wise enough to fear something, something is definitly not right. Did you know the hozen had a name for the Sha? They call it "ikk", and it is one of their two big taboos, alongside the "dook" (Which you do not want to see or talk about either. Suffice to say it's something they like to throw when nothing's available). I smiled when I realized he was scared sh*tless, but bade him to fly as far and as fast as he could - this was no place for a loyal man... monkey... person.

Malkorok, Ishi and Garrosh were already waiting, with a contingent of Kor'kron... and that was it? Let me be clear - despite the sacking of Silvermoon by the Old Horde, I've learned enough to not judge someone by their race. But considering the past few weeks, this was way beyond odd - I could get why Forsaken, or Trolls would not be welcome, but the absence of Tauren, Goblins and Blood Elves was conspicuous in the extreme. And when I gazed on the bell, feeling the tinge of sludge on the wind, it dawned on me.

No matter how weak the darkness of the Bell, it had already worked its evil on the Horde. It had sown chaos and distrust among us, and where the Horde had been weakened under Garrosh's edicts in the past, it had snapped like old wood under the winds of change the Bell had blown. Garrosh had summoned orcs because he trusted no one else. And no one else was there, because no one trusted Garrosh anymore. Despite the bravado in his speech, the situation was self-evident - Garrosh needed power, now more than ever, not only for the Horde, but for himself.

He spoke that we were slave to nothing or noone. Not even slave to the ghost of a dead parent, driven to success beyond reason? That the bell would burn away our inner weaknesses like fear, despair, anger or doubt. Which one, I wonder, defines you the most, Warchief? That while the lesser races would crumble under them, WE would control their power. Lest the powers master you. I thought it was a common saying, but who would expect wisdom from an orc?. That together, we could destroy the Alliance and claim our rightful prize. Together? Unlikely words from an isolated buffoon playing Warchief.

"Let our song of victory begin!" And as the hammer struck, the world burned away on the waves of the Bell.

Let's be painfully honest - I may be a wielder of the Holy Light, but a choir boy I haven't been for over a decade. The Blood Elves are aptly named in more ways that the official one. In our pain, we lashed out against a world we thought had abandonned us. We swore petulant revenge on the Alliance over the acts of a corrupt paladin and a xenophobic leader. We devoured the essence of the Light itself, believing we had been Forsaken by it, and forced to such evils.

Even when the Sunwell returned to us, when Velen and M'uru forgave us, it was clear as day we were still responsible, and would bear those burden into our graves. In many ways, I am still the Blood Knight that willfully drained M'uru because I believed only the path of darkness could save my loved ones. I am still full of anger, of fear, doubt and despair - the Light cannot burn that away. I was not ready that day, and I came awfully close to falling again.

But there was one thing I remember the day Kil'jeaden was beaten back, even clearer than the Sunwell's power, or Velen's cristalline voice. It was M'uru's final thoughts for all of us Blood Knights: "The only way to lose redemption, is to believe there is no redemption for you anymore." We fell many times. I fell again when I chose to fight the Silver Covenant instead of saving that poor girl. But that did not mean I had a right to give up.

And as I felt the Light's courage rushing through me, I could finally see the gray flooding from my body. The Sha. The Bell had unleashed the Sha upon us, and it would have taken me if not for the Light's blessing. But the screams all around caught me from my reverie - Madness had come to Kun-lai. The orcs had not withstood the Sha, and their bodies warped horrifically, turning them in the very same Sha that had devoured them from within.

The fight was desperate, and I did not have the luck of having the Sha fight amongst themselves - they had all felt the uncorrupted soul, from the likes of it, and it had drawn them like sharks to blood. What that implied about Garrosh, who stood there hammering the damn thing, spouting on about "a test to overcome" and to "conquer our fears and hatred", I had neither the time nor the wish to contemplate.

As I stood over the Sha's remains, solace came in the most unlikely form - a human boy rushed alone to the Bell, clumsily carrying some sort of large hammer. Was it a trick of the light, but he shone with courage and honor, remaining regal in the face of this carnage, focused only on the bell. As Garrosh registered his presence, I realised who the boy was.

"So in the end, it is not Varian, but his whelp who comes to face me. You run bravely to your death, young one." I guess he was considering which choice insults to throw at Anduin, but he never got the chance - Ishi was not only gray, but had grown to ogre proportion before charging us. This time, I was ready, and sparks flew as our blades met.

Poor Ishi. Shame notwhitstanding, it slowly dawned on us how much the orc had suffered in service of the Warchief. The Sha had loosened all inhibitions, and he rambled how he doubted we could ever survive another war, not after all we had lost. Then the bloodlust kicked in, raving and screaming about murdering Alliance children. He was going mad and it took all of my skill to keep up, and even then, things were going south - instead on focusing on combat style, he was all about overpowering assaults and poisoning with the Sha's darkness. I was about to falter when Anduin's voice rang, strong and true:

"Stand fast, paladin! The Light WILL protect you!"

A Paladin? Me? I had met the prince a few times, in Krasarang, and here in Kun-lai. He was a fine boy, if a bit naïve. Still, did he really believe in us? In the Horde? Just like he said months ago in the Temple of the White Tiger? Xuen had said "Fight with strenght. Fight with honor." The Light rushed back, an unstoppable tide that dwarfed anything the Sha could throw, and in an instant, I was but witness to the fury the Light unleashed by my hand. Ishi faltered, his form almost diminishing in my own radiant aura. I could see the fear in his eyes - the terror of the guilty conscience facing Final Judgement. I saw my own eyes reflected in his despair and Light forgive me, I wanted to stay my hand.

I tried to wrest control of my own body back, but it was far too late - my sword found purchase in his, and it snapped in twain like reeds. In seconds, he was lying on the floor, coughing his own blood - a lung had been pierced. It was over. He could only mutter how he had failed Garrosh before he died. And as the Light left my body, my legs gave way. I could only look on as the young Anduin faced the towering Garrosh. But he was not dwarfed by the orc. There was steel in his eyes. No, not steel. Gold. Steel is uncaring, unbending unless heated. Gold was fiery, but malleable. Pure and uncorruptible, yet yielding to the wise touch. But Garrosh did not see it.

"- Your interference has cost me a great warrior, young prince. You'll pay with your life."
- That is where you are wrong, Garrosh. The mogu made the Divine Bell to create chaos, but the pandaren created a special mallet to turn the echoes of that chaos into perfect harmony. That mallet was hidden for thousands of years, until now."

And as the Bell rang once again, the vibrations lifted the darkness from my soul, chased by the echoes of harmony. I started getting on my feet again, haltingly. Garrosh's fury was unmistakable, towering over Anduin, who stood ready to ring the bell once more - and in a fit of rage, he charged the boy, who flew like a ragged doll, striking the Bell. But the resonance changed into shrieks of death. And just like that - the bell shattered, toppling over the young prince.

I was finally on my feet, but the shock was still not gone from my body as Garrosh spoke again, overlooking the carnage.
"There is much I do not know about this artifact. The weak-willed cannot control this sha energy, but I WILL master it. At least the human prince is dead. King Wrynn now knows the price of his continued defiance. Leave me. I have much to think about."

And just like that, he jumped on a wyvern's back and lazily flew away from the disaster. I was a bit out of it, and tried sifting through the rubble for my sword. I looked back at the bell, and the poor prince underneath. Garrosh had not bothered to check wether the prince was dead. I was about to have a look when I heard a gryphon's cry above me. The Alliance was there - if the prince was alive, he'd be better off if we did not know it. And if he was dead, I was better off not being found near the corpse. I called to my mount, and let it ride me back to Binan. I was in sore need of peaceful minds, and maybe Chen could cook something up to get me back on my feet.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***
Last edited by Sagara on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 am

Great writing again.

Compile it and send it to Blizz? ;-)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:45 am

quick! somebody! find a something for Sagara to write about!
A way to force him might be useful too :P
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 am

As I transfered back to alliance for raiding purposes before I finished this story line, does Anduin ring the bell during the Horde quest? Only reason I ask is because I noticed you didn't put it in.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 am

Oh. I implied it, but did state it outright. It's important enough - I'll append right away.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 am

You were also very unclear on Garrosh ringing it, too. I assume he did at the point where the orcs turn into Sha, but you don't actually say so until after the fighting starts.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You were also very unclear on Garrosh ringing it, too. I assume he did at the point where the orcs turn into Sha, but you don't actually say so until after the fighting starts.

Artistic licence I say! *grumbles, grabs keyboard and gets to the appending*

:lol:

Sagara

Postby Zalaria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 am

A funny thing about the Alliance memory wine quest:
When you turn into a Kor'kron, it's one of those costumes that lets you shapeshift (druid) while staying in costume. Including flight form.

I was a flying orc :D
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

Zalaria wrote:A funny thing about the Alliance memory wine quest:
When you turn into a Kor'kron, it's one of those costumes that lets you shapeshift (druid) while staying in costume. Including flight form.

I was a flying orc :D

Also fun was talking to the NPCs... and how for some reason the goblin vendor had a gnome's voice.

I found it particularly funny when Baine addressed me as 'Paladin', using dialogue I think may have been from Krasarang. Garrosh just had a boilerplate about Pandaria. Lor'themar had some cautious words about the situation, IIRC.

Currently working on The Ruins of Korune... but cars apparently don't ship themselves :P
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am

benebarba wrote:Also fun was talking to the NPCs... and how for some reason the goblin vendor had a gnome's voice.

I found it particularly funny when Baine addressed me as 'Paladin', using dialogue I think may have been from Krasarang. Garrosh just had a boilerplate about Pandaria. Lor'themar had some cautious words about the situation, IIRC.

Currently working on The Ruins of Korune... but cars apparently don't ship themselves :P

Dat dialog. Me wants!

Sagara

Postby benebarba » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Sagara wrote:
benebarba wrote:Also fun was talking to the NPCs... and how for some reason the goblin vendor had a gnome's voice.

Dat dialog. Me wants!

I'll have to see what I can do. I'm not sure I'll be able to repeat it, and I haven't found it anywhere... so for you intrepid viewers out there: when you do the quest, talk to the NPCs there. I'm guessing they'll say the same stuff but the <insert class here> will change.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General