[10N] Tsulong

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Tsulong

Postby Winkle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 am

It's obviously just dependent on the strengths of your healers/dps. TBH if a healer isn't putting 25m+ into Tsulong they haven't understood the mechanics or aren't utilizing the buff efficiently.

Having said that when we killed it we did have 1 healer predominantly on raid/dispells and 2 spamming boss.

A DPS has to do 105K DPS on the boss to achieve a similar result.
Winkle

Postby Ra3L » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 am

Putting shields on tsulong isn bad at all.
since you can get the terrorize debuff on tsulong or you fail on killing all unstable sha.
in those situations absorbing damage is indeed healing.

druids can give symbiosis to a mage so he can healing touch the boss after a breath was made.
healing for around 550k noncrit and 1m on crit.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6c4aw ... 71&e=11272

our warlock got symbiosis to put rejuvenation on the boss.
healed for 1.8m
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6c4aw ... 71&e=11272

day phase is also about when to kill the big sha add.
you should kill the sha dude when there is around 12 seconds towards a breath.
and ofc right in the cone of the breath.
the spawning adds will be instantly killed by tsulongs breath and you won't get feared
at all.

we decided to kill the big add in this way:
1st add: kill instantly.
2nd add: wait one breath and then kill it with around 10 secs on breath cd
3rd add: kill instantly
so on an so forth

lust/hero should be used on the fight's start.
it's more efficient than on a later night phase or even a day phase.
Ra3L

Postby Chronos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks for all the feedback and tips guys. Anyone figure out for sure if bubble resets shadow breath stacks? Couldnt test it last night.
Chronos

Postby superworm » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I remember that DS does not reset the stacks. One tanking is quite variable.

Actually we tried using a rogue with symbiosis to taunt, and failed miserably. Turns out that boss is immune to rogue taunt. Don't know whether warlock can taunt or not. We used a dps tank to taunt and eat the second breath.
Last edited by superworm on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
superworm

Postby Chronos » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 am

Bubble doesnt reset EITHER dread shadows or shadow breath stacks. Just had our bear solo tank, he ate the first two breaths. After resetting my stacks, I taunted as a ret pali just before the third breath with unglyphed divine protection. Easy with three healers. Tank retaunted right after and took last/fourth breath. The breath debuff does increase the damage taken from dread shadows, so keep your stacks low. Solo tanking does work.
Chronos

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

Seems like 2t/2h or 1t/3h are both viable, but 2t/3h may be more problematic at a certain gear level. I don't know that 1t/2h is all that great an approach without soakers and external CDs and the like, unless you have the gear for it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:28 pm

We did 2 heals 2 tanks, was a bit touch and go, for some we had a helluva time with add management, after bit of a hissy fit over vent, we took a different setup (more ranged) and it seemed to be easier.

we wiped on like 20%, 8%, 11%.

The real trick was getting the healing phase better, so we actually got healing done to the boss, I did about 8mill boss healing, most of that was saving up for a 5 HP Eternal Flame.
Lastwolf

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm

We saw a lot of success with 1 tank, 3 heal but our first kill was 2t/2h. I can't imagine doing 2t/3 heal though. Just a waste of a tank really.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm

We saw a lot of success with 1 tank, 3 heal but our first kill was 2t/2h. I can't imagine doing 2t/3 heal though. Just a waste of a tank really.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby daishan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:27 pm

We've done it every week with 2 tanks 3 heals and a spriest healing in day phase.
I'd agree the 2nd tank is half wasted, but if you have enough dps there's no reason not to, 1st kill was at berserk since then we normally have a good 30 sec left.
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 am

The fight's clearly designed for 2 tanks, if you can brute force it with one then fair enough but there doesn't seem much point.
Winkle

Postby superworm » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Believe it or not, the fight is much easier with one tank. Actually we did it with 1t/4h strategy. In the night phase, healers help dps the boss, and a plate dps taunts the boss to eat the 3rd breath. In the day phase, healers go all out on the boss after the breath.
We 2-shotted the boss in normal mode, with several people reading dungeon journal on the first try. BTW, shamans are quite strong in the first healing phase, and our elemental shaman respeced to healer for this encounter. He did like 120k hps on average.
superworm

Postby moosedeus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm about to try solo tanking him for the first time tonight, I'm going to eat 2 breaths, have our frost DK pop blood presence and taunt for the 3rd breath with AMS and popping AMZ and then I'll take the 4th after I drop my stacks. I've got all the right cool downs so I'm pretty confident we'll be able to do it.

We killed him before with 2tanks 2heals but we've shuffled people around and I feel more confident in the one tank strat to maximize dps.

We'll see how it goes.
moosedeus

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm

1 tank approach is popular and successful on heroic, you shouldn't have any difficulties using it on normal.
Rhiannon

Postby moosedeus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 am

Rhiannon wrote:1 tank approach is popular and successful on heroic, you shouldn't have any difficulties using it on normal.

Yeah I got the tanking down fairly quickly, DBM's timer was a little laggy so I missed my CD a couple times but once I figured it out I was able to soak all 4 breaths using ArdDef. DivSh, & GaC for the last.

Our issue last night was we had a DPS no show and the guy we wound up bringing in was a little undergeared, so we hit the enrage timer. Going to get him tonight though.
moosedeus

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)