Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 am

theckhd wrote:True enough. I usually use it on melee periods almost on cooldown, though, since GAnK also mitigates the TG damage. In a long fight, that lets you get off more HA casts (thus more deeps!). I generally alternate GAnK and AD/DP for the gas phases.

*grabs idea, runs away* YOINK!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 am

Don't be too strict about that on a progression kill though. When my survivability was being seriously challenged, it wasn't uncommon for me to delay HA by 10-15 seconds for a gas phase if it felt necessary, and I'd blow the other cooldowns on melee phases that looked hairy. Once it was on farm, I started just going for max DPS because why the hell not?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

So for the past 2 days the LFR queue for Terrace has been over an hour.

Did I miss the memo about no one wanting to run this anymore? Good lord.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

Slow slow slow start to raiding this expansion. I think in the month+ we've been running we've had 3 days of all mains, none twice in the same week. We'll probably miss the next two weeks due to people being out and the other tank's woman having a baby.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:25 am

People going coo-coo for cocoa puffs as of lately and shooting indiscriminately in public places... including this morning's school shooting that left a kid dead...

Seriously... wtf...

Edit: fuck

27 dead including 14 kids
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

Klaudandus wrote:People going coo-coo for cocoa puffs as of lately and shooting indiscriminately in public places... including this morning's school shooting that left a kid dead...

Seriously... wtf...

Edit: fuck

27 dead including 14 kids

28 and 18 is the count now.

Holy Shitballs. I want to be sick.

EDIT:

And CNN and their interviewing fucking 9 year olds about this can go straight to hell.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am

Add this to the other 9 billion reasons I've lost almost all faith in the human race.

Unfuckingbelievable.
Teranoid

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

Apparently it was the father of a student who did the shooting. In an elementary school? Good lord.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 am

Shoju wrote:And CNN and their interviewing fucking 9 year olds about this can go straight to hell.

I want to go Vlad Teppes on the CNN crew...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

I think one of the simpler arguments I've heard is that as a country the US has shown itself mature enough for gun ownership.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 am

Flex wrote:I think one of the simpler arguments I've heard is that as a country the US has shown itself mature enough for gun ownership.

As in, not mature at all.

I'd say.

Shoju's CopyPasta of George Takei wrote:4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you’re not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can’t sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you’re not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am

i am sickened ...

first we had the mall shooting yesterday near where i grew up in portland, and now this

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 am

I was going to bring up the gun topic but figured I'd get flamed to hell and back.

The first thing that was said in my office as soon as we heard the news was "....and yet the US doesn't think it needs stricter gun control. Riiiiiiiiight."
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:50 am

I am not a huge fan of Gun Control in mass sweeping reforms. I don't have a problem with rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I do have a problem with automatic weaponry in the hands of the general public.

And I don't think the answer to this unspeakable tragedy is to over react, and scream about gun control.

What we need to be speaking about, what we need to be focusing on, is Mental Health. Looking back at the history of violent outbursts by gunmen, (this one not included since no motive has been discerned, though I'd be surprised if there weren't Mental Health tie ins here, considering it was an Elementary School) Mental Health is the underlying theme in Mass Gun Violence. You want to stump on about Gun Control, this isn't the right example. Neither is Aurora, or Columbine, or Virginia Tech.

These are examples of Mental Health problems that were manifested to a catastrophic, and horrifically deadly act by someone who suffered from Mental Health related problems. Mental Health is an incredibly touchy subject, that far too many people feel needs to be dealt with quietly.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 am

I used to have guns, I'd not mind owning a gun again... but then again, I am also for background checks for prospective gun owners...and stricter gun ownership rules, which is what the NRA balks at...

Also, what Shoju said.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General