Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 am

Nooska wrote:Too many tank deaths on Will.

And also, apparently our new healer has disappeared off the face of Azeroth - no armory, no listing in the guild roster, though the log says (s)he was invited (by name) 4 days ago, and nothing on it since.. So again need healers - and getting to the point of needing dps too when I have to switch to tanking... soon™

HEY! YOU try surviving having both bosses on your ass :-p

I've been analysing the "critical" deaths, and the picture is pretty bleak: apart from attempt 1, Gurzog never ate arcs in the time period between the last overheal and his death, so he's actually doing pretty well in an emergency. He can do better, but he did not cause his own deaths (unless the healers were OoM)

But each and every time, Titan Gas is up, and heals seem to dry up for 5-6 secs at a time, with only HoTs ticking, or his self-heals. Not even a Tranq or Hymn. Hell, on try 2, he spent 8 secondes without heals, while there was no Titan Gas up. I'll be harsh, but it's not Gurzog that needs to step up his game.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 am

^agreed (and wasn't trying to imply otherwise).

Dice will be looking at the haling before we go to will again I would suspect.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:41 am

Nooska wrote:^agreed (and wasn't trying to imply otherwise).

Dice will be looking at the haling before we go to will again I would suspect.

One thing we should remember - the Emperors hit like trucks dual wielding trucks on fire during the Gas, so the hits after a combo are gignormous and should be anticipated.

Sagara

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 am

Well from a quick look at your logs your priest healer is pretty poo.
Winkle

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 am

Well from a quick look at your logs your priest healer is pretty poo.
Winkle

Postby Nooska » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

In general? there were some issues of running out of mana (was considering if the heal "team" ws unused to working together, so hots weren't allow to run etc).

Edit: also the preist healer is, afaik, primarily healing Sag (Queldán) - who heals a metric crapton himself.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 am

Numbers don't seem too different between me and Gurz' (if we remove my self-heal).
What probably is worth mentionning is that Gurzog is actually a DPS with a tank off-spec, so his HP pool sits around 450k to my 650k.

In short, I think a stern warning that the Gas-pumped Emperors hit like monsters, and that heavy healing on Gurzog + him holding off on some of his CDs for that moment should be enough. It's even good practice - I've learned to be more self-sufficient!

Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:45 am

For some reason, freemake video downloader doesn't want to download anything from youtube anymore >=/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Sagara wrote:Numbers don't seem too different between me and Gurz' (if we remove my self-heal).
What probably is worth mentionning is that Gurzog is actually a DPS with a tank off-spec, so his HP pool sits around 450k to my 650k.

In short, I think a stern warning that the Gas-pumped Emperors hit like monsters, and that heavy healing on Gurzog + him holding off on some of his CDs for that moment should be enough. It's even good practice - I've learned to be more self-sufficient!

Each tank should be running a cooldown for every titan gas phase. As a paladin, you can easily alternate GAnK and Holy Avenger (unless they happen more frequently on heroic, but even then, we have spares). And of course, we can optimize our play by banking HP during combos to get relatively high SotR uptime during the actual damage phases, though I'd imagine other tanks can do similarly by pooling rage/runes/chi.

<edit> OK, looking at the logs, you're not doing heroic. Just a quick check of Gurzog's buff breakdown (click the # next to Shuffle, Fortifying Brew, Guard, & Dampen Harm to see graph):
Try #1 (9:06)
1 Fortifying Brew (3m cd)
5 Guard (30s cd)
3 Dampen Harm (1.5m cd)

Try #2 (4:11)
0 Fortifying Brew
2 Guard
1 Dampen Harm

Try #3 (6:42)
1 Fortifying Brew
4 Guard
0 Dampen Harm

Try #4 (7:41)
1 Fortifying Brew
5 Guard
2 Dampen Harm

I don't know much about monk AM, so I can't comment on that, but just looking at his cooldown usage it's clear he could be doing more. In a 6+ minute attempt you should be able to get at least 10 Guards off even if you're delaying it to avoid using it during combos. Guard is all over the place - he seems to have used it for Titan Gas #3, but not for the first two. It might be his "use to soften melee after combo" ability, but if so he should be using it a lot more often.

Fortifying could be used more often too, but it depends on his plan. On attempt #1 it looks like he used Dampen Harm on every gas, but used FB on only #2. Maybe he was saving FB for the fourth and final Titan Gas, which is why he used it on #2 instead of #1 & #3. If that's his plan, then he needs to time Guard/DH more carefully so they cover TG #3.
Last edited by theckhd on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 am

Yeah, I typically keep a *small* CD (Niuzao Relic, AD) for after every combo, and a big one for the gas phase. I usually kept DP for the gases, but seeing the massive physical hits, maybe I'll glyph DP for this one.

Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 am

theckhd wrote:
Sagara wrote:Numbers don't seem too different between me and Gurz' (if we remove my self-heal).

Each tank should be running a cooldown for every titan gas phase. As a paladin, you can easily alternate GAnK and Holy Avenger (unless they happen more frequently on heroic, but even then, we have spares). And of course, we can optimize our play by banking HP during combos to get relatively high SotR uptime during the actual damage phases, though I'd imagine other tanks can do similarly by pooling rage/runes/chi.

Holy Avenger is ready for each Titan Gas phase, they occur every 2.5 minutes.

Yeah, I typically keep a *small* CD (Niuzao Relic, AD) for after every combo, and a big one for the gas phase. I usually kept DP for the gases, but seeing the massive physical hits, maybe I'll glyph DP for this one.

As there is close to zero spell damage on Twin Emps (Titan Gas aura ticks for 15k or so), leaving DP unglyphed is pointless IMO.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 am

Fetzie wrote:

As there is close to zero spell damage on Twin Emps (Titan Gas aura ticks for 15k or so), leaving DP unglyphed is pointless IMO.

Agreed. I had never realised the damage in gas phase was more due to the heavier melee swings, instead of the gas itself.

Sagara

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:41 am

Fetzie wrote:Holy Avenger is ready for each Titan Gas phase, they occur every 2.5 minutes.

True enough. I usually use it on melee periods almost on cooldown, though, since GAnK also mitigates the TG damage. In a long fight, that lets you get off more HA casts (thus more deeps!). I generally alternate GAnK and AD/DP for the gas phases.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 am

theckhd wrote:True enough. I usually use it on melee periods almost on cooldown, though, since GAnK also mitigates the TG damage. In a long fight, that lets you get off more HA casts (thus more deeps!). I generally alternate GAnK and AD/DP for the gas phases.

*grabs idea, runs away* YOINK!

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General