Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Klaudandus wrote:They would not be the Cleveland Indians, that automatically increase their chances at the playoffs

Maybe they should do the same with the Pirates. =P

Nah, it'll be the Browns. Especially if JHIII is as serious as he suggests.

At this point, I'm fairly confident the Indians are not going to do anything, ever, until Dolan and Shapiro are gone. They are too interested in cashing that whole revenue sharing check.

Was a little surprised the Angels landed Hamilton. Didn't think they would do it, but they structured it nice. Hamilton's deal runs out the same off season that Trout's deal does.

Cleveland has won a major sports championship in the past 50 years 2012-1964=48
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Teranoid wrote:At least Pittsburgh has won major sports championships in the past 50 years :P

Touche
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey at least I was close :)
Teranoid

Postby Jabari » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Flex wrote:Reynolds had a .995 fielding percentage...

Wait, people actually still look at fielding percentage?! *boggle*

Reynolds is BAD defensively. He's a bit better at first (where he's merely below-average) than at 3rd (where he's truly horrific). Yes, he played mostly at 3rd as a D-Back...

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7619&position=3B#fielding

That's a very pretty -23 UZR at 3rd in 2011, there. :)
(Actually, the -5 in 2012 is even worse, as he did that damage in only a few games that year *laugh*)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Jabari wrote:
Flex wrote:Reynolds had a .995 fielding percentage...

Wait, people actually still look at fielding percentage?! *boggle*

Reynolds is BAD defensively. He's a bit better at first (where he's merely below-average) than at 3rd (where he's truly horrific). Yes, he played mostly at 3rd as a D-Back...

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7619&position=3B#fielding

That's a very pretty -23 UZR at 3rd in 2011, there. :)
(Actually, the -5 in 2012 is even worse, as he did that damage in only a few games that year *laugh*)

There's a reason the Orioles moved him to first from third, and he played pretty damn well at first base.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

I completely missed out on the Bungles-Smeagols game, too tired and zonked out by 9 -- but I keep hearing it was an exercise in hilarity.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Bbbbut.. it was all Cam Cameron's fault not Flaccos! Flacco is elite!

*snicker*
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 am

Football impressions

* Football > Massacres to some people: http://deadspin.com/sandy-hook-shooting/
* Benny Hill + Eagles = Hilarity
* Big Ben is not really good in OT
* Giants blew it against the Falcons; they're also highly streakly, specially Eli.
* Peyton continues with his Magic as the Mile High Ponies crush the Ravens, proving that Cam Cameron was not the one at fault, but Flacco
* Kirk Cousins is gonna get traded in the offseason
* AP is making a good case for comeback of the year and mvp -- but so is Peyton
* Jags and LOLphins, did someone watch that game at all?
* Josh Freeman almost got The Jake Delhomme award.
* DA Bears chocked big time, wonder if its the last year for Lovie Smith
* Could say the same about the Chiefs vs Raiders game -- I'd do a minute of silence for those forced to watch that game.
* If they bring AJ and Norv back, its obvious the owner is devaluing his own team on purpose in order to move the team to LA, if so, it might be a good time to squat LARams.com and LosAngelesRams.com
* The CardiLULZ won another game! Hooray! Also, wtf lions?
* It's gonna be really interesting when Seachickens and 49rs play against each other
* That said, The 49rs should have won by more, but they kept wasting away the opportunities they got in the 1st half of the game and it almost cost them the game near the end.
* Not even bothering with MNF later today... Jets vs Titans? Maybe if they were to sit Sanchez and start Napoleon Dynamite or Timmy instead
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 am

Man... This week my fantasy football team killed me. I lost, putting me out of the championship game.

The bad thing? I managed all of 38 points this week in a standard scoring league. For those of you who aren't Fantasy Savy, ~80-100 is probably average scoring in a 9 player standard league.

• With RGIII out, I turned to Josh Freeman who has had a decent season, and torched the Saints the last time they played. He got me? 1 point. (The rookie who filled in for RGIII picked up 18 points)
  • Jamaal Charles. A great running back, going up against the worst run defense in the leauge? Got me 2 points. (3 total)
  • Stevan Ridley. A Good solid back with double digit points in 5 of his last 6, and 8 out of 14 games this season? 0 points. (still 3 total)
  • Victor Cruz. Mr Salsa Dancer. Mr. I'm one of the top 10 WR's in the leauge. Was Mr. I'm gonna get you 1 FREAKING POINT. (now, I havz four points)
  • Demaryius Thomas. The young stud with the venerable Mr. Manning in the backfield lobbing bombs at him. Oh. He must have got tired. 1 frigging point. (For those who can't count, that's now 5 points total from my entire team)
  • Dallas Clark. I wasn't expecting much. I've been getting crushed by Tight Ends for the last few weeks since Gronk went down. He got me? 4. Yes. That's right. The guy that I was expecting to be worthless, has almost DOUBLED my team score so far. (9. /wrists)
  • Defense Special Teams. I gambled here, looking to hit a home run, figuring that at worst, I'd end up in the high single digits in points. I took the Lions D, going up against Arizona. Arizona, was on a 9 game skid. At no point during that skid, did you ever, and I mean EVER think they would score 38 points in a game. EVER! Well, they did. Somehow, the Lions still game me 3 points. (12 points total. Someone shoot me.)
  • FLEX Finally! a prediction I got right. BJGE, the Law Firm, running hard, up, over, and down the Philly D. 16 points. What? What is that you say? 1 guy scord more points than everyone else i've MENTIONED so far? WOW! (28 points)
  • K Matt Bryant. Yep. He was busy. 10 points. (38 points)

My opponent scored 108 this week. It's not even like I could say "Well, if I would have played Shorts, and Hilton, and Moreno, I would have won." Because that would have only net me 76 points, and not been enough. What's that? You wonder why I had that many points on my bench?

Well, because I picked up Moreno, purely to be a dick, and not let anyone else get him. I was confident with my other 3 backs, and figured... He's not worth playing against Baltimore. This was Shorts First week back after a Concussion. I didn't think that he was going to be used much, especially with Jax season over. And HIlton? He's one of those pickups that I got because I was worried about matchups down the stretch, and figured late in the season with something to play for, he might be awesome. Turns out, Houston wouldn't have been a bad game to use him in. Even in a Losing Effort, he was good.

So.... I failed. I suck. someone else will win the trophy in my Marble league this year. At least I can take solace in knowing that my wife is playing for the consolation bracket trophy.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 am

38? Yeeesh.

I managed to put up surprising back to back 114 point weeks. Where the hell was this when I was losing by 40 every other week?
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:31 am

Teranoid wrote:38? Yeeesh.

I managed to put up surprising back to back 114 point weeks. Where the hell was this when I was losing by 40 every other week?

Yep. Second highest scoring team in the leauge, and I put up the lowest score of the season. I..... at least I get to make sweet trophies to give out to friends.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Given the debacle over a previous headline about Lin, I'm amused that CNNSI went with "Lin returning to MSG" instead of "Lin returns to the Garden" or something similar...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

Very interesting article on Sanchez and Ryan
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... k-sanchez/

EDIT:

And the Mark Sanchez Era is over -- Rex Ryan to announce in less than an hour that he's benching Sanchez and starting Napoleon Dynamite, although they're heavily concerned about the fallout among fans for skipping Tebow and going to your 3rd QB

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... lroy-start
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Wait the Jets still have fans after this season?
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Teranoid wrote:Wait the Jets still have fans after this season?

They're still better than the Chargers, Chiefs, Bills and perhaps the Raiders. All those still have fans...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General