Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am

Worldie wrote:Curiosity: where are you people reading those "chapters" o_o?

you get storyline quests every certain rep level that complete the sub-achievement steps to the overall Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive achievement.

Finished off the Allisnce side storyline today.

You are sent to meet Jaina in Darnassus to respond to a Highborne request for aid. When you arrive you find the bell has been stolen. Jaina tracks the thieves to a portal leading to Dalaran. When you arrive Jaina confronts Aethas Sunreaver and imprisons him. Vereesa Windrunner tasks you with eliminating the remaining Horde aligned Sunreavers, those who resist are killed, those who surrender have been put in The Violet Hold, you get the dirty job of killing those that resist.

After the task is done you head back to Lion's Landing to meet with Jaina and Varian. Varian is furious with Jaina's rash action as he was in talks with the Sin'dorei for them to rejoin the Alliance but her actions pushed them further into the arms of the Horde. Jaina scolds the King for entertaining the thought as "once a Horde always a Horde" but pledges the full power of Dalaran to the side of the Alliance to destroy Garrosh and the Horde.

Anduin's studies revealed a counter to the Divine Bell created by the Panderan to bring Harmony over the land. It was stolen thousands of years ago by a great Hozen leader simply known as The Monkey King. The MK has been trapped as a Jade statue from a battle with a Jade Lord Mogu. You free The MK and he tests your worth and sends you out to recover the pieces of the Mallet.

After you combine the Mallet Anduin goes to confront Garrosh on his own.

Major disappointment in that The Purge didn't carry over to the live realm the same way the Theramore scenario did.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:08 am

Speaking of the Alliance storyline, Jaine went on quite the rampage. Not Arthas-levels of rampage, but WOW. None of Aethas' guards had been hostile, still there she goes OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Can we get sweet Jaina back? Pretty please? This one's scary as all hell.

Since I didn't use the Darkmoon rep buff much, I'm a bit behind the bleeding edge right now, but I still got a chapter yesterday. I'll probably get another one today... Also, I just realised the "What's in the box?" quest is the seventh chapter of the Horde storyline. Deliberate? You decide! Aaaaaaaaaanyway,

*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

Chapter 8: Memory Wine (Day 14) : If Silvermoon's trouble affected Garrosh in any way, it clearly did not show at all in his actions today. Still, it's hard to believe he had not heard about it, considering a talking monkey from Pandaria was aware of Lor'themar's growing discontentment of Garrosh.

Nevertheless, it was Chieftain Baine that called to us today, sending us to a small encampment in Kun-lai where he and Garrosh were trying to gain the location of the Divine Bell from Shan Kien. As was par for the course, Garrosh was more than eager to proceed with shortening the mogu's extremities to hasten the process.

I'm beginning to realise why so many of the Horde leaders have grown so collected recently - I'm guessing trying to cajole an eight-year-old holding a mana bomb does that to you. At least Baine managed to curb Garrosh's tendencies long enough to formulate an alternate plan - he had learn a recipe from the pandaren that allowed one to witness another's past. This "Memory wine" was all but ready, and only required the essence of a being that witnessed that time. With Baine busy keeping Garrosh and Ishi in check, it fell to us to gather that essence in the local mogu ruins.

The memory wine was... interesting, to say the least. Shan Kien had been responsible for the hiding of the Bell, in a ruins in Kun-lai. We got a pretty good idea of our surroundings while the mogu was busy burying his own men alive inside the tomb. Gee, a leader that sacrifices his own men, where have I HEARD that just yesterday?

Anyway, we had a description of the tomb, and a general idea of its location. Scouting parties are underway, and not a moment too soon - Vol'jin was still in Pandaria, and had witnessed Alliance scouting parties in contact with the Shadopan. It seems we are not the only ones after the Bell. As Vol'jin stated, even if we would be in trouble should the Horde grab the Bell, we would in even bigger trouble if the Alliance grabbed it - there are rumors of Variann having lost his bloodthirst, but even then, all it would take is one overeager general to use the Bell. The endgame was coming, and between the Horde's rock and the Alliance's hard place, we would have to make hard choices soon enough.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***

As you may realise, I'm letting Queldan channel his anti-Garrosh bias in his writing. But he's fairly reliable as far as narrating goes.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 am

Sagara wrote:there are rumors of Variann having lost his bloodthirst, but even then, all it would take is one overeager general to use the Bell.

Now there's some ominous foreshadowing if I've ever seen it. I mean, have you met Sky Admiral Rogers? If it came down to a battle, there is no way she wouldn't try to use that thing.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 am

Seen her talk during the Hearth of the Alliance quest, yeah, she'd definitly use it.
Doesn't mean it's safer on the Horde side :)

EDIT : Also, Lo'themar flippin' BENCHES rocks.

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 am

And another chapter today

Sag, did you remember to pick up the grand commendation for double rep?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:47 am

Yeah, did that. When I think about our difference in rep, it's mostly 5 days of rep bonus + the chapters you already had (I'm at 9940 right now, and I'm betting the next chapter is at 10k).

Also, did I mention how cool Lor'themar was this patch?

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 am

After todays chapter I'm at 17010 (was at 12500 before starting today)
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby econ21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 am

Nooska wrote:Sag, did you remember to pick up the grand commendation for double rep?

I didn't - thanks for the reminder.
econ21

Postby Mannstein » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:28 am

econ21 wrote:
Nooska wrote:Sag, did you remember to pick up the grand commendation for double rep?

Where is the vendor? Can't remember where he is...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Zalaria » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 am

Mannstein wrote:
econ21 wrote:

Where is the vendor? Can't remember where he is...

Should be by your faction's daily quest starters in Krasarang.
Interesting thing - the Horde grand commendation allowed my Alliance character to get double rep.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 am

did I just miss a change to the travelling tundra mammoth in the patchnotes or was it stealthfixed, since I noticed it worked cross faction yesterday?
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Nooska » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am

Zalaria wrote:Interesting thing - the Horde grand commendation allowed my Alliance character to get double rep.

Working as Intended I would assume, they are equivalents of eachother, and all the other reps are the same regardless of faction.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Teranoid » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 am

Apparently bountiful bags works with the disenchant loot option now. Feel free to ignore this if I have apparently been living under a rock this entire expansion.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Sagara wrote:Speaking of the Alliance storyline, Jaine went on quite the rampage. Not Arthas-levels of rampage, but WOW. None of Aethas' guards had been hostile, still there she goes OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Can we get sweet Jaina back? Pretty please? This one's scary as all hell.

Hell no. Her kingdom was destroyed, she's been betrayed not once but twice by the Sunreavers, once at the Battle of Theramore and now with the Divine Bell. She gave Aethas and the rest of the Sunreavers the benefit of doubt after the first and they betrayed her again. Doesn't matter if it is a small subset of the Sunreavers or not, they had their chance and they blew it.

Right now it is pretty much her respect for Anduin that is stopping her from destroying Orgrimmar out right.

KysenMurrin wrote:Now there's some ominous foreshadowing if I've ever seen it. I mean, have you met Sky Admiral Rogers? If it came down to a battle, there is no way she wouldn't try to use that thing.

I'm uncertain. Her order to kill the surrendering Orcs clearly paints her on the grey scale of the Alliance spectrum I don't think she'd betray her orders.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Teranoid wrote:Apparently bountiful bags works with the disenchant loot option now. Feel free to ignore this if I have apparently been living under a rock this entire expansion.

Well ever since I started my enchanter and power leveled him to 600, I had zero procs for 2+ of the DE items, I haven't done any since 5.10a perhaps they fixed it? or I'm that unlucky? (got 10 single crystals and 12 single shards)
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General