patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

patch 5.2 ?

Postby oldboyz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 am

hi there

MOP launch : 3 raid in a row
then 5.1 bringuing humm... quite nothing except more dailies :evil:

i've yet to read any info about 5.2 new content HL : it is quite strange to me to have no estimation at all about the future
quite disturbing compared to Cata : our progression speed was planned according to patch&nerf

how you feel it?
oldboyz

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Zalaria » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 am

What they did in Mists is split the non-raid stuff from the raids in regards to patches. Think if Firelands was a different patch from Molten Front; that's what they're going for. 5.2 will be the next tier of raids, but beyond that the only thing we know is they're planning an Ulduar/ICC style single raid with lots of bosses.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:13 am

They've said recently that in 5.2 there will be a new raid instance, on the scale and quality of Ulduar.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 pm

the pattern should follow for the rest of the xpack too
5.3 will be more dailies/set up for T16, with 5.4 bringing T16 and the possible final raid of MoP

in cata we had dungeons in 4.1, raid and dailies in 4.2, and raid/dungeons in 4.3
not that much different from now other than the addition of scenarios and spreading out content over more patches so we arent going OMG NEW RAID AND NEW REPS! WHAT TO DO! now we get to go OO NEW STORY! a few months later OO NEW RAID! another few months OO MORE NEW STORY! etc

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 pm

oldboyz wrote: our progression speed was planned according to patch&nerf

I'm quite glad they are not nerfing (yet). My guild has been very slow to get going with raiding - we've only raided 3 times and killed 3 bosses - and it would be good to have the time to have a shot at a good chunk of the raids pre-nerf. [I may be singing a different tune when we reach Elegon, as I gather he's a stiff dps check.]

For the same reason, I'm glad there's no raid in 5.1, as that would tend to make the existing three raids obsolete. I'm not in a hurry for 5.2, although the 5.1 stuff was well timed for me as I had finished the launch rep grinds. I like the intermittent story quests as you go through the dailies - it's something I think MMOs should do more, unravel stories over time and create events, rather than leave the world static.
econ21

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 am

They said there are not offering catch up epic gear anymore, so it might be worth it to do the older raids for gearing should you at one point have sufficient numbers of ungeared new recruits.

The mentioned that they might not necessarily nerf the 5.0 raids when or before 5.2 drops.
Lastwolf

Postby Nooska » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 am

With a TBC-esque model for gear (boosted by lfr) I think thay would nerf Elegon as you wouldn't be farming for a long time, and the easiest way may be to implement the zone-wide nerf.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 am

They've suggested that 5.2 gear might not be upgradeable until 5.3. I would not at all be surprised if they add new valor gear in 5.2.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby oldboyz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 am

@econ21 : what i mean is that i was able to speed&stretch just enought my raid to have the kills before nerf. Other than that, our priorities is fun, alt & mix raid

right now, my raid is MV 6/6 (was 4/6 2 week ago) and fresh 2/6 HoF
are we late on schedule, still ahead of normal ? no clue...
oldboyz

Postby Orthien » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Im quite happy with this new patch system they have. Not trying to cram everything into one big patch means stuff can come out closer to when its ready rather than waiting on something else to join it.
Also keeps things from getting to dull by breaking up those big gaps we used to have.
Orthien

Postby Mannstein » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 am

Finally a question i can aswer:
oldboyz wrote:are we late on schedule, still ahead of normal ? no clue...

Is your guild complaining with lack of kills and poor performance? Behind Schedulle
Is your guild complaining with lack of time, too much pressure? Ahead of Schedulle
Are your guild happy and having FUN? Bingo, You are on schedulle...

TL:DR: It's a fck game, have fun, the only schedulle you should have is for work...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Nooska » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 pm

But... I don't work, and Wow is my primary form of entertainment (reaD: I play several hours a day to passs time).
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 am

Nooska wrote:But... I don't work, and Wow is my primary form of entertainment (reaD: I play several hours a day to passs time).

Right...
So if you play Wow as a form of entertainement why do you need to have a schedulle? :P

Was there any rummor on when the nerfs start hitting the raids? I do hope that if they are they only start in MV.
We are still struggling to clear the second raid.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:44 am

My impression is that they aren't nerfing - that the gear upgrades (supposedly) work the same way, and that they are removing the FoS/achievements for killing end bosses heroic without nerf enabled.
supposedly becaus it doesn't make the raids any easier, and the progression is indeed slowed a lot by upgrades eequiring VP, and with only 4 upgrades available per 3 weeks.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 am

What might happen is nerfs in the very final patch, because there will be less opportunities to upgrade stuff.

Then again, maybe not.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Next

Return to General