Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Lei Shi ( HC ) and Cata Trinkets

Postby samsara » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:04 pm

So i did a bit of research how to make the fight easier and got the info that

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50364

and

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466

are a great choice for this fight. Other sources told me that since 5.1 hit them hard it's more or less useless to use them.
I'm not sure if i should grind the rep again on my tank as i didn't played it @ cataclysm.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=208895/news ... on-changes

Mirror of Broken Images and Sindragosa's Flawless Fang now provide 15% less resistance per level beyond level 85.

So the TB Trinket is down from 400 to (4 * 15% = 75% -> 400 - 400 * 0.75 => ) 100 resistance. Befor mop diferent buffs increased this value but those +resistences are now nonexistend.

Is 100 resistance worth more than 1400 Stamina (the trinket i would change would be the darkmoon as i don't need dodge on this fight)
samsara

Re: Lei Shi ( HC ) and Cata Trinkets

Postby Schroom » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 am

last time I tested this (MoP prepatch) resistance was still working in the background, even tho it was no longer shown. On the Beta the Mirror scaled the same as before. So just try and compare your logs i guess...
Schroom

Postby samsara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 am

I'm 100% sure it's still working,

and without the latest trinketnerf for those 2 items it would be a no-brainer to use them on lei shi as all tank dmg income is magical.

but after the nerf of 15% reduce per playerlevel i'm not completely sure. I haven't played may paladin in t11 content so i never did the tol barad dailys and now for me it's just a matter of time where i don't know if its worth to do the rep grind or not.

I don't think my raid needs them as we got lei to 11% but on the other hand healers are struggling on this fight and if there is a possibility to take out dmg from the tanks it's totaly worth it.
samsara

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:41 am

They were still working as @85 when I last tested them, which was before the nerf. I haven't looked at them since, if I get a chance today I'll get a mage to help me test.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby samsara » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 am

<3 you are my hero

i would probably bite my ass if i farm the rep in the few hours a week i have time for wow at the moment, have to sit outside the raid to do tb-dailys and repgrind for no real good reason :>
samsara

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:25 am

I'm pretty sure it won't be worth it. The whole point of nerfing those trinkets was so that they weren't useful for Lei Shi, since that's what people were using them for. It would be rather silly if they didn't nerf them enough to make them irrelevant.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice