Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 am

This might be worth checking then.
wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/know-your-lore-tfh-something-is-wrong/#continued
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Wonder if the seventh Sha will be an upcoming plot point.

An aside on irony within the lore: The Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear. The Klaxxi, and the Mantid as a whole, traditionally served an Old God. That Old God was slain, and his final breath created the Sha from his essence. So the Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by an aspect of the same Old God they claim to serve.

By a remanant, a shadow, of the Old God they claim to serve. I guess for the Klaxxi, the Sha are not really a part of the Old God. And they are right, to a point - the Sha of Fear is but one of seven, and it's not even sure wether all seven Sha combined are a true representation of Y'shaarj.

Maybe we should compare notes once again about this sha claw that's running around.

So far, we know we got a claw from the Sha of Anger, that has been given to the Shado-Pan. I haven't seen anything that implies thee Shado-Pan lost it to the Korune.

During the Horde questline, we faced the Korune leader, who had the ability to summon a Sha claw the he used as some kind of fist-like weapon and a focus for his Sha magic.

Two days later, when we were summoned to the Shrine of two Moons, Garrosh had a Sha claw that may or may not be the one from Shan Kien, the Korune leader. This is the very day when sha-touched grunt went out of whack (I still need to post that event, BTW).

That's all I experienced myself so far - nothing to imply the Claw is the one from the Sha of Anger.

EDIT: And BAM: Sha-Touched Claw from the Alliance questline. By the looks of it, the mogu can transform their flesh into Sha-stuff. That might explain why there are so many Claws around...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 am

What could the 7th be then? Sha of Madness? :D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am

Sha of Soon.

On another note, wtb Aenea's armor for xmog.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am

Newsom wrote:What could the 7th be then? Sha of Madness? :D

Based on the effect of dailies on players, my bet is the Sha of Apathy. ;)
benebarba

Postby djlar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

I just got one of the new pets, the silken worm on the silken daily... cute fellow
djlar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 am

wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/09/know-your-lore-tinfoil-hat-edition-the-seventh-sha/

More sha tinoilhatness
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 pm

djlar wrote:I just got one of the new pets, the silken worm on the silken daily... cute fellow

I think there's a moth from that as well, rarer drop.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 pm

benebarba wrote:

An aside on irony within the lore: The Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear. The Klaxxi, and the Mantid as a whole, traditionally served an Old God. That Old God was slain, and his final breath created the Sha from his essence. So the Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by an aspect of the same Old God they claim to serve.

I actually thought they opposed her because she had gone nuts and was apparently intent on wiping out their natural cycle so she could maintain power: the fact that she was possessed by a sha just appealed to our own ends.

^My take on it as well. They oppose her because she does stuff she isn't supposed to - and the sha infestations are not something they are happy with (as its corrputing their land), but not the reason they oppose the empress or called the Paragons.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

But her irrational actions are caused by the Sha of Fear's influence.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Nooska wrote:
benebarba wrote:

I actually thought they opposed her because she had gone nuts and was apparently intent on wiping out their natural cycle so she could maintain power: the fact that she was possessed by a sha just appealed to our own ends.

^My take on it as well. They oppose her because she does stuff she isn't supposed to - and the sha infestations are not something they are happy with (as its corrputing their land), but not the reason they oppose the empress or called the Paragons.

this is what i had thought too

it was the interruption of the normal cycles that they had opposed, not the sha itself, we were just happy to help due to the sha

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Turns out the lore quests (shieldwall/domination) are flagged depending on how much rep you have. Not on how many days you've been doing the dailies.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm

You guys are confusing me everytime i read this topic T_T
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:55 pm

The lore quests become available depending on how much rep you have, that's it.

And they obviously have a sequential order cuz they're telling a story that will prolly lead to garrosh eventual downfall
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Like I said, I didn't fill in the latest chapter yet, so time to hit the keyboard!

As usual,
*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

Chapter 6: A Gathering Storm (Day 10) : Baine has spent little time enjoying the vistas of Pandaria - a single day has passed since Vol'jin's letter that Baine has already sent word that he required aid from the cahmpions of the Horde. Requesting specifically someone capable in combat, as well as discretion.

Nevertheless, the arrival at the Shrine of Two Moons was... surprising, to say the least. The sight of grayish grunts, clearly affected by the sha brought frightening memories of the Jade Forest to mind. But the sight of Garrosh, Lor'themar and young Baine debating arounda Sha claw was even more chilling. Where did it come from? Was this the Sha of Anger's claw?

Baine's request was clear - Garrosh had experiments made with the power we found in Kun-lai, most probably the claw. He had hoped it would strenghten the troops. The grunts had grown randomly violent as a result. Our task, then was to interrogate the grunt, and contain them if necessary.

The grunts had indeed gone berserk, producing Sha claws and the very same magic we saw the mogu wield. Which eventually begged the question - were the Korune truly in control of the power they wielded? Which is basically the question Lor'themar asked - the sha had empowered the mogu, yes. "But their empire fell. Perhaps to the sha, perhaps to the pandaren, or perhaps... to their own pride." Garrosh did not take well to the veiled critic, but refrained from going further than reprimand the Lord Regent. For now.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General