Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:55 am

Nooska wrote:If the same 2 parties have the rule with an absolute majority, it isn't a 5-party system, it is a de facto 2 party system. This is the de facto case in almost any electoral system where the votes are per seat, instead of "ofr a number of seats", which can then be subdivided regionally and locally in some fashion to ensure representation from all areas meet the regional or local votes. Such a system requires more seats than districts (on the order of 25-50% more seats than districts).

See that is the issue with you guys...

You must understand that a system with:
2parties where the 2rule since there is a democracy
is totally differente from
5parties where the 2rule since there is a democracy

P.S. Let the people live in ignorance pls :P
P.P.S. We use a deputy by district based on district's number of voters. (more voters more seats)
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

holy batshit insanity, someone just sent me a link to Mionelol soloing Madness 10m.

EDIT: Guess it's on the front page of MMO-C now. That's insane.
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Is it drawing you back Shoju?

Come to the dark side shoju.... we have cookies!
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 am

Nooska wrote:Is it drawing you back Shoju?

Come to the dark side shoju.... we have cookies!

I wont lie, there is part of me that wants to play WoW, there is part of me that didn't want to leave WoW. But there is also a larger part of me happy I don't play, happy I'm not trying to get raid ready, happy I'm not dealing with some of the insanity that has happened since I left.

And there is my wife. Happy that one night a week I'm not sitting and yelling at my computer, and occasionally breaking a headset because someone did something stupid.

Maybe if the barrier to re-enter didn't feel so high (and I admit, it's probably just a feeling, and it isn't as bad as it looks), I would think about it. But like I've said before. Getting back in, getting to 90, getting geared, doing stuff, and dealing with the dailies and rep just DOES NOT interest me at all, and puts the buzzkill on my desire to try things like this.

Though I'm not going to lie, looking at how hard it was for mione to pull that off, and the fact that they died as they killed DW, means I'm probably a tier of gear away from being able to pull it off. The "closest" I ever got to Mione time wise from their first kill to mine was 7 weeks. (Lady Deathwhisper).

And a slight buzzkill is knowing that I only get "my share" of the bosses gold now. I'm not saying that soloing should be crazy profitable, but after you get a kill, that 200+ gold was really nice to offset repairs and consumables, and gave you steady income while doing it. Soloing MC, Kara, Mags, Tk, SSC, Naxx, etc.. paid my bills to work on the harder stuff, like Ulduar, Koralon, ICC, Cata content, etc... But that's my "I bled myself dry to get crusader on two toons in Wotlk" side talking.

I easiliy dropped thousands of gold per boss in consumables and repairs getting things together for some of the harder things. Sindragosa, LK, Koralon, AOI, ToC, Illidan.....

IN all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to Raegwynn and Mionelol soloing challenge modes. I've seen some videos of them going at it, and I'm really curious to see how far they will get. One of them actually got to the last boss of a challenge mode.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 am

Shoju wrote:Happy that one night a week I'm not sitting and yelling at my computer, and occasionally breaking a headset because someone did something stupid.

Bldavis, is that you?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Amirya wrote:
Shoju wrote:Happy that one night a week I'm not sitting and yelling at my computer, and occasionally breaking a headset because someone did something stupid.

Bldavis, is that you?

LOL I assure you, Mr. Davis has nothing on me. During ICC Progress in WotLK I went through 4 headsets. By Cata, I had stopped breaking them as often, and just learned to unplug the mic, and sling them down around my neck. I occasionally broke a jack or two in the process.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Amirya wrote:

Bldavis, is that you?

lol
i went through 2 headsets during FL alone
another during T11 and almost 2 in DS

oc i bought cheap PoS ones so they were easy to break...and cheap to replace

my new ones are a bit more expensive to i am trying to be more careful

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 pm

For god's sake. Buy from Koss. They have a LIFETIME warranty. I spent $45 on the headset about 5 years ago and have replaced them free of charge two or three times since then.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Nikachelle wrote:For god's sake. Buy from Koss. They have a LIFETIME warranty. I spent $45 on the headset about 5 years ago and have replaced them free of charge two or three times since then.

Do they replace them when you throw them against the wall so hard that the molded cases on the ears shatters, spilling their "guts" onto the floor?

Because during ICC, thats what would happen. We'd be humming along great, making progress, I'd get excited that TONIGHT might be the night I get to pull Arthas, only to watch the derp train show up on Valithria, or Sindy, or BQL, or Put, and my chance at getting to pull him would go right down the shitter.

Who remembers this little known fact?
The first time I killed LK was on an ALT because our healing core was "meh" at the time for Wednesday nights, and having a disc priest on the fight allowed us to 2 heal it. It was my disc priest and a Healadin. WE rocked the hell out of that fight, and he got the healing mace.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Nikachelle wrote:For god's sake. Buy from Koss. They have a LIFETIME warranty. I spent $45 on the headset about 5 years ago and have replaced them free of charge two or three times since then.

from where?
:?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Shoju wrote:Do they replace them when you throw them against the wall so hard that the molded cases on the ears shatters, spilling their "guts" onto the floor?

So how often have you had to repair that wall?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Nikachelle wrote:http://www.koss.com

$9.00 for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: name, return shipping address, phone number and email.

I highly doubt that will cover me smashing them against a wall in a "hulk mad" moment because some dipshit in a video game didn't know which way to move when Rotface turned around and hurled all over him, or made him shat a baby glob.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Let's be realistic here. Lifetime warranty against regular usage. I've had some of the plastic crack off (not like I had a tantrum either) and the wire in the microphone snap before.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General