Remove Advertisements

Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 am

lawl

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:17 am

Mkay... so my Papa was back in the hospital with a high WBC count (was something like 114 when it's supposed to be below 20.) They can't do chemo because even at a low dosage before, it caused him to become incredibly sick. He's not eating and while the docs could put in a feeding tube, it would likely only serve as a means of prolonging his pain.

So... my mom is supposed to be talking with some people today to get him hospice care. Not sure how long he'll be around, but since I'm flying home next Friday, hopefully I'll get to see him at least one last time. :'(

Doesn't help that with how things have been going, my Grandma probably isn't too far behind him.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 am

:( i hope you make it back in time!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Wooo! Got our Christmas tree up! Our apartment is relatively small so I was pretty pleased about how well it fit in the corner of the main room.

Invis dragging the tree home.

Floofing that bad boy out.

A poorly taken photograph, but regardless:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm

nice!

we have a mandate from my sister that we will NOT get a tree til she is here in a week, and then we get to go in the mountains with our dogs and cut one

bldavis

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 pm

I'll be impressed if my parents even bother to put up a tree this year (or really anything other than lights on the house.) Haven't seen them put one up since my sis and I graduated high school.

My dad's parents are likely to have one up. My mom's parents probably won't unless we put it up, but even then they may not be at home to enjoy it (see my previous post above.)

Of course... none of my family has ever used a live tree.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Live trees always seemed... weird...

Crazy murricans putting trees in your living rooms.

I'm basically the grinch. It's now a joke among my friends that I actually hate Christmas after working in a Gloria Jeans and retail for so long.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Just seems weird to me to be having Christmas in the middle of summer... but I suppose if that's what you grew up with, having a "white Christmas" would probably seem weird to you.

Also... live trees aren't reusable. Which may be the deciding factor for a lot of people (at least initially... then they just never bother to "convert" when money is less of an issue.) Of course, that assumes you don't have your own forest available and have to pay someone else for use of theirs.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Yay, probably no tree for us this year either (well, it's an artificial one, but wathever).

Although I'm guessing my wife will LOVE to put one up for our boy next year. Amusingly, while she feared she might not love him enough before she got pregnant, she's crazy about him and can't wait to see him for real. Cute to see :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 am

@Nikachelle, I see IKEA Billy shelves in the background?

@Sag, I think thats a very normal thing - we went through the same back when.

And I think we are getting a tree this year - that is, if I can get the "library build" finished so we can get some room in the living room to put it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Barathorn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 am

We have bizarre ornaments for our tree. I prefer them to the tree in all honesty.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby firstamendme » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 am

I just broke up with my girlfriend because I couldn't handle the drama of the roommate that had been manipulating her to treat me like shit all week. I'm more heartbroken over this than when I divorced my wife in September. At least there I had an angry reason with infidelity. I still really love this girl and I just want to run over and hold her, but it's just too much. I wonder if I did the right thing, cause I'm extremely heartbroken over this.
firstamendme

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 am

Nooska wrote:@Nikachelle, I see IKEA Billy shelves in the background?

Indeed they are - and not something I would continue to purchase when we eventually get a house. While handy, they're not particularly sturdy.

As for the real tree versus fake one... For years my parents used fake trees due to my mother's terror revolving around the tree possibly falling. So I wanted a real one for once. Additionally, we just don't have the storage space for a tree to be boxed up in the offseason - our closets are already stuffed with other storage stuff atm so that wasn't an option.

PLUS - I couldn't believe how cheap the real trees were in the city. That tree was $20. A fake tree would be around $350. To even break even cost wise on a fake tree, I'd have to use the same sucker for 18 years (at which point it would likely start to look pretty tattered).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 am

firstamendme wrote:I just broke up with my girlfriend because I couldn't handle the drama of the roommate that had been manipulating her to treat me like shit all week. I'm more heartbroken over this than when I divorced my wife in September. At least there I had an angry reason with infidelity. I still really love this girl and I just want to run over and hold her, but it's just too much. I wonder if I did the right thing, cause I'm extremely heartbroken over this.

Can't you just be honest with your (now ex) girlfriend? If she cares for you, she'll see the problem with her roommate.

Alternatively, confront the roommate - preferably with your girlfriend present. The roommate might be a sneaky manipulative bitch, but often people can't make up crap on the fly so you may actually take her by surprise and get some answers.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Nooska wrote:@Nikachelle, I see IKEA Billy shelves in the background?

Indeed they are - and not something I would continue to purchase when we eventually get a house. While handy, they're not particularly sturdy.

Arg. I just bought a set of those for my place. I resisted at first but couldn't seem to find anything that looked right and was reasonably priced. Hope they're stable enough, they'll be almost totally filled with books...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum