Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby theckhd » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:16 am

*spoilers for today's Alliance component*
While on a flight to Mogujia
[02:02:09] Fennie Hornswaggle says: Well, we meet again.
[02:02:21] Fennie Hornswaggle says: I trust that ye're well and good?
[02:02:32] Fennie Hornswaggle says: Have ye heard all the buzz that's been going 'round Lion's Landing?
[02:02:47] Fennie Hornswaggle says: I heard that the Horde's learned of an ancient mogu artifact... somethin' called the Divine Bell.
[02:03:03] Fennie Hornswaggle says: That bell's capable of turning a normal army into killin' machines!
[02:03:19] Fennie Hornswaggle says: No one knows where the artifact was hidden, but the Horde's doing anything they can ta get their hands on it first.
[02:03:37] Fennie Hornswaggle says: The Reliquary is hot on the trail o' that bell at Mogujia.
[02:03:53] Fennie Hornswaggle says: I'll be a snot-nosed ninny if we don't beat 'em to the punch!
[02:04:05] Fennie Hornswaggle says: I can't do much since I'm just Hilda's assistant, but ye can. I hope ye can find out what they're up to.

We land, meet up with Brann Bronzebeard and Hilda Hornswaggle. Hilda sends you up to find out what the reliquary has found, hinting that it's a large mogu statue that's moving. She asks you to bring back a Sha-Touched Claw from a Korune Spellweaver, and another quest-giver asks you to kill some reliquary members to recover some mogu artifacts.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am

Interesting.

*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

I realised the Korune leader summons a Sha Claw during his fight. At the moment, it felt lik nothing at all, but it's interesting the Reliquary kept it, and the Alliance retrieved it.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:04 am

Sagara wrote:Interesting.

*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

I realised the Korune leader summons a Sha Claw during his fight. At the moment, it felt lik nothing at all, but it's interesting the Reliquary kept it, and the Alliance retrieved it.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***

The Shado-pan kept the claw from the Sha world boss that you turn in for some boots.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:37 am

Well, there might be TWO clas in circulation, and it makes a crapload more sense that the one used in the Landfall storyline comes from the storyline itself, not the Sha of Anger quest (which wasn't broached in the current story.

I see it more like: Mogu leader defeated -> Reliquary gets the Sha claw from him -> Alliance retrieves it from the Reliquary.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby theckhd » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 am

No, we get the claw from the Mogu leader, not the reliquary.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am

Since the Reliquary has it in the shrine, I think there are 3 sha claws now - 1 at shadopan, 1 for alliance and 1 for horde.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 am

Am I being a horrible person for not thinking you are talking of some Black Temple boss?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

No, you ate not a horrible person for not thinking we are talking of a BT boss - its the horde/belf equialent to the Explorers League
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 am

Nooska wrote:Since the Reliquary has it in the shrine, I think there are 3 sha claws now - 1 at shadopan, 1 for alliance and 1 for horde.

Not entirely sure: is there reason to assume that there's been more than 1 Sha killed/imprisoned (assuming they wouldn't willingly give up body parts) that we know of?

Which is kind of interesting if you assume that the 2 claws are from the Sha of Anger (but that it had multiple claws, and the horde claw is the same claw as the alliance quest but for gameplay reasons shows up how it does): you retrieve one for the shado-pan, and somehow the others end up in the mogu's hands... I guess we shouldn't leave corpses of powerful creatures hanging around (or someone who was there wasn't on the up and up) :P

tinfoil hat stuff, but fun none the less.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am

Well we also killed the Shas of Doubt, Violence, Hatred, Despair and Fear.

And there should be a seventh (the Old God had seven heads), but if there is I can't remember seeing it.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 am

The Sha of Happiness?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 am

Wonder if the seventh Sha will be an upcoming plot point.

An aside on irony within the lore: The Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear. The Klaxxi, and the Mantid as a whole, traditionally served an Old God. That Old God was slain, and his final breath created the Sha from his essence. So the Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by an aspect of the same Old God they claim to serve.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Well we also killed the Shas of Doubt, Violence, Hatred, Despair and Fear.

And there should be a seventh (the Old God had seven heads), but if there is I can't remember seeing it.

OK, I had somehow managed to forget about the others (not sure where the downing of Fear lines up with the new quests though... probably will never know in-game). I think I got stuck on Anger because we retrieved a claw from it.

But I guess even still - since the others were killed in specific locations, presumably without a bunch of mogu obviously hanging out waiting for the body to hit the floor, we should probably clean up better after ourselves lest another object of power be left behind :P
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Wonder if the seventh Sha will be an upcoming plot point.

An aside on irony within the lore: The Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear. The Klaxxi, and the Mantid as a whole, traditionally served an Old God. That Old God was slain, and his final breath created the Sha from his essence. So the Klaxxi oppose the Empress because she is possessed by an aspect of the same Old God they claim to serve.

I actually thought they opposed her because she had gone nuts and was apparently intent on wiping out their natural cycle so she could maintain power: the fact that she was possessed by a sha just appealed to our own ends.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 am

Klaudandus wrote:The Sha of Happiness?

I'm thinking Loathing may be more likely ;)

Maybe the Sha of Seasonal Affective Disorderness? :P

that or they'll just troll us for an expansion.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General