Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby Zalaria » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 am

I've only done the first part, but it's not terribly interesting on its own.

**Crappy spoilers**
You are sent to the Stormwind brawlers' guild area to drag an old expert spy out of retirement. You meet an undercover agent who's been tracking the spy. You have to give drinks to the right people based on rather terrible descriptions, then you're given access to where the spy is hanging out. The spy grumbles about being pulled from retirement, then leaves to find his old contacts and gear.

You then get this mail:
Code: Select all
Hello Friend!

It's me, Connelly, the agent you sleuthed out in the Deeprum Tram. Per the King's instructions I've travelled to Pandaria and embedded myself with a group of Horde scouts.

This land ain't nothing like what I'd come to expect.

You've been here longer than me. Word is you might've gone a little native. Good! I may have need of your skills soon. I'll send for you at Lion's Landing.

- Connelly

**End crappy spoilers**

I'll update as I get more, but it might be slow because I'm too impatient to wait for a beasts group and fuck Ogudei on a pvp server.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:54 am

Sagara wrote:BTW, I'm still hoping someone will try and give us the blue side story ^^

Working on it... sadly, work has prevented me from playing much the last few days.

I did get the next part of the spy quests:

**** SPOILERS ****
You get sent to meet up with the spy in Kun Lai summit, where he's been posing as a grummle. He's found Garrosh and some Belf woman (from the reliquary I believe) in a camp there. You are sent to steal a journal as well as bug the tents. Fun bit: you too get to dress as a grummle. sadly, I couldn't dance as one nor use emotes.

In the process, you obtain the written description of the Bell, and you hear Garrosh stating his intentions to obtain this weapon at all costs, despite the warnings of the Reliquary representative.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Since the patch, I've been getting extreme fps drop for about 20-30 seconds after the pull on Sha of Anger. <1 fps and low responsiveness right after I pop all my cooldowns, very frustrating. nyone else seen this and know cause?

(I know it's down to 40 people popping cooldowns all at once, but it was never anywhere near this bad before 5.1.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Anyone have any issues getting credit for the Korune step? I did the three quests and was offered no more, so I dunno if I missed one somewhere or not. Or even if the quest is bugged.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Teranoid wrote:Edit: Apparently The Korune step of the achievement is spread over the 2 sets of quests.
Teranoid

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Guess I should go back a page and read >.>
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm

next phase of the alliance quests:

**** SPOILERS *****
You get set to talk to Jaina Proudmoore, who has apparently named to the head of the Kirin Tor (did I miss this in game, or was this a book thing?), about the sunreavers in Dalaran. Anduin has been trying to convince her, at the request of his father (IIRC), to convince the Sunreavers to denounce the Horde and to join the Alliance. You are asked to also discuss things with her and are given a couple options (doubt they have any effect). The end result is her delivering a short speech about how the Archmages of the Kirin Tor have before betrayed Azeroth in pursuit of their own goals, and how her first reaction after Theramore was to raze Orgrimmar and kill all of the men, women and children... but Kalecgos talked her down.

She describes how the Horde is the people of the Sunreavers, as the Alliance is to Her. And that for over 2000 years, they have been steadfast allies. At the end, she states that if there is to be hope for peace, then Dalaran must be able to work out with both Horde and Alliance members present.

Agent Conolly then sends you another note about how the Reliquary have been tearing apart Mogu ruins, and many of them have died in the process. He also seems to doubt Jaina's proposal.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm

it was in the book, but iircin the book she booted the sunreavers out of dal...>.>

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 am

bldavis wrote:it was in the book, but iircin the book she booted the sunreavers out of dal...>.>

No, she didnt boot the sunreavers in the book.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Another chapter yesterday - didn't write it until today, as I'm spending time with the marital unit ;-)

*** SPOILER ALERT AHOY ***

Chapter 5: The Korune Leader (Day 8 ) After yesterday's debale, it seems Lor'themar has decided to shift into higher gear. An anonymous letter summoned me to the Valley of Emperors, where he and a handful of Blood Elves had set up a forward camp.
The plan was clear: flanked by Orestes of the Farstriders and Aenea of the Blood Knights, we were to gather any intel we could on the Korune, and capture their leader, all without Garrosh the wiser. The first part was a resounding success: the Korune had returned due to the return of the Thunder King, and were clearly up to something sha-related.
The second part, sadly, had a fatal flaw - Garrosh got wind of the plan. His presence guaranteed the defeat of Shan Kien, but his brashness almost cost us our quarry, when he almost slew the leader while prying the location of the Divine Bell from him. The quick intervention of Fanlyr Silverthorn spared him, but did not diminish Garrosh's anger, to the point of threathening the elven mage.

The very next day, a secret letter arrived to us from Vol'jin himself. He was in contact with Baine, who was keeping a close eye on Garrosh's plans. Apparently, he was determined to exploit both the Sha's and the Bell's power. But Garrosh did not trust the tauren chieftain - and so Vol'jin had to remind us - stay close to Garrosh. He trusts us. That may very well be his downfall.

*** END OF SPOILERS ***
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:41 pm

What's up with the fly to a flightpoint, hit a loading screen, and get knocked back 1-3 flightpoints? Just started happening with this latest "patch".
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Yeah, it's going around. No idea why.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Haven't encountered it myself, any details on what happens?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Nooska wrote:Haven't encountered it myself, any details on what happens?

You select the flightpoint you want to go to, when you land, you get hit with the loading screen, and bam, you are back 1-3 stops.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah. Obviously it only occurs on flgihts where you pass multiple stops. Doesn't happen on every flight either - Shrine to Shado-Pan Garrison does it, and Shrine to the Arboretum, and I've heard of several old world flight paths. But I've never had it happen when flying down to Krasarang for dailies.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General