Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby twinkfist » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 am

gotta agree with theck on this one..plus, they aren't paying him to play this game.

i'm sort of stuck with my raid group...1 because i like them...2 because i refuse to fill out an application for a guild.

f that...if i'm not getting paid...you can suck my application.
twinkfist

Postby twinkfist » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

gotta agree with theck on this one..plus, they aren't paying him to play this game.

i'm sort of stuck with my raid group...1 because i like them...2 because i refuse to fill out an application for a guild.

twinkfist

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am

theckhd wrote:Do you always tell your employer when you're looking for another job?

Actually, internally, it's expressly written that we have to inform our current boss that we're looking for another job within the company. But I get where you're going... it's a courtesy for sure.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 am

theckhd wrote:Do you always tell your employer when you're looking for another job?

I have to agree with Theck on this one. I looked a few times while I was playing, and in <Lurkers> A few people knew. But I didn't say anything because the guilds that professed to be what I wanted, well... they really weren't.

I didn't make it public knowledge, because it would have done no good to the guild for me, the Raid Leader, an Officer, and at times the.... "face" of a Guild Leader** to be saying "Yeah.... i'm not sure I'm sticking around".

Sometimes, it's safe to tell people. Other times, the situation isn't going to be made better by telling anyone. If it would have gotten serious, and one of the guilds that I was looking at would have become "interesting", obviously, I would have told someone. But, I don't think that if you App to a guild, you are automatically required to talk the management about it.

**There were a few times. Most notably from late in TOC until Arthas died to us the first time, and then once again, from when I decided to put my foot down about not getting to kill Arthas until Cata dropped. And then in DS, when it became clear that there were going to be "2 teams" working separate nights due to the sucktastic nature of DS, I was sort of... the "face" of Wednesday Night Raiding. The fracture the was created in the guild at that point was brutal.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

Agreeing with Theck as well.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 pm

twinkfist wrote:gotta agree with theck on this one..plus, they aren't paying him to play this game.

Because spending 5-10 minutes answering general questions to ensure to your prospective guild that you're not a complete retard is utterly time consuming right? This responses kills me every time I see someone use it.

And I agree Theck that yeah you're not going to go tell your boss "hey my job sucks and I hate the people I work with so I'm going to look for more work while I collect a paycheck here" but by the same token it IS a game.

How fucking hard is it to say "hey I'm moving on good luck" or even "whatever I'm leaving"? It literally takes 30 seconds. You could put them on ignore/log off/do whatever from that point forward. He tried to app to another guild while being tagged and now is getting shit for it since he's decided that suddenly since stuff started dying the guild is worth staying in.

What happens when it starts again?
Try and bail to another guild and do it all over again?

I just think it's shoddy to try and play both sides of the fence and expect not to get shit for it.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 pm

I heartily agree with Theck, you stay quiet until you are ready to move, unless as Nika stated there is something in policy or your contract. (However in Nika's case, that would be more like "I'm leveling an alt and I want to start healing instead of tanking".)

However... you also have to be prepared for the consequences. Don't expect people to be happy with you.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Realized what is really eating at me with my raid group. There is never success, there is only failure on the next boss.

A new boss dies, and on the first wipe on the next boss, the same whining starts "WHAT happened THERE?!?!" (Dude, it's the first freeking pull!) It's not a hardcore team, regardless of how hard they want to act that way.

When the full bitching starts when I go on vacation for three weeks coming up, I think I'm done with this raid team. A few want to kick me just because I'm going on vacation, even though they certainly have their own attendance problems. I'm too old to have some 20-year old try to manipulate me like that.

halabar

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 pm

It obviously depends a lot on your situation in the guild, If you are not happy in the current state and dont really like the other people there, dont tell them you are thinking about leaving, you already know you dont really care anyway.
If you DO care, let them know, or atleast the other people you do care about WHY you are getting these thoughts.
I dont think it should be that closely drawn towards a job application tbh since indeed, you are not payed to be there, you are there for your own "fun"(or indirectly to have "fun" with friends) If you are not having fun, then go where do you have fun.
Treck

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Teranoid wrote:
twinkfist wrote:gotta agree with theck on this one..plus, they aren't paying him to play this game.

Because spending 5-10 minutes answering general questions to ensure to your prospective guild that you're not a complete retard is utterly time consuming right? This responses kills me every time I see someone use it.

Totally agreeing with this here. I've had more people in the last week tell me they won't fill out application than I even want to mention. If you can't be bothered to fill out an application, do a Vent interview with me... then why the hell do I want you on my team? They've already got a communication issue as far as I'm concerned - and that's not something I want to actively add to the mix.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Frankly, I've never seen the value of applications in the game for most guilds. Much greater value in an armory inspection and a trial run with the alt team. A verbal interview would be a lot better as well.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Was enabling and disabling addons to check an fps issue, got nowhere with that, and suddenly half my settings for my unit frames reset themselves...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

halabar wrote:Frankly, I've never seen the value of applications in the game for most guilds. Much greater value in an armory inspection and a trial run with the alt team. A verbal interview would be a lot better as well.

Yeah but most people nowadays don't even want to get invited to your guild - they want invites through the calendar! I find it really weird that I have to explain to people that I expect them to leave their current guild to join mine if they want a raiding spot.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Was enabling and disabling addons to check an fps issue, got nowhere with that, and suddenly half my settings for my unit frames reset themselves...

Had a couple guildies have problems with that as well. Think something happened with that launcher update that reset all the WoW files.

halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:Frankly, I've never seen the value of applications in the game for most guilds. Much greater value in an armory inspection and a trial run with the alt team. A verbal interview would be a lot better as well.

Yeah but most people nowadays don't even want to get invited to your guild - they want invites through the calendar! I find it really weird that I have to explain to people that I expect them to leave their current guild to join mine if they want a raiding spot.

Eh.. this might be the new trend. More "free agent" raiding. Might actually be looking to form up a raid like this if my current raid team implodes. My guild is great, the raid team, not as much.

You might be missing out on some great raiders by sticking to the "you must be one of us".

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General