Remove Advertisements

[10N] Lei Shi

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Lei Shi

Postby frontallobe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

I put together a quick video on what helped us down this boss. In all honesty, like most of the ToES bosses, she's a bit of a pushover. But here are some tidbits that should help you minimize the casualties: http://youtu.be/5APQQyXcN1U

Some tips that helped us:
3 heal it. We spent a good 1.5 hours trying to 2 heal it. We were dumb
Anything that can stun elementals wins
3 elementals spawn at first but later in the fight there are 4 - be prepared with CC
Have everyone spec/glyph for mobility damage and healing as well as magic redux damage
Last edited by frontallobe on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: [10N] Lei Shi

Postby Bellanka » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 am

Unglyph Divine Protection for those high stacks of Splash.

Glyph Holy Wrath for add tanking.

We found it helped to set up quadrants for the adds and have assigned CC there, but even when people derped and broke them they were pretty easy to handle.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:38 am

Bellanka wrote:We found it helped to set up quadrants for the adds and have assigned CC there, but even when people derped and broke them they were pretty easy to handle.

We found it easier to just tank all the adds and chain stuns on them, the kill target goes down so quickly that you don't even need to tank swap during this phase until sub-20%.
baleogthefierce

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Bellanka wrote:Unglyph Divine Protection for those high stacks of Splash.

Glyph Holy Wrath for add tanking.

We found it helped to set up quadrants for the adds and have assigned CC there, but even when people derped and broke them they were pretty easy to handle.

Cheers that was great advice, instantly easier after making that glyph change.

I had real problems gathering up the adds that we didn't cc, One of them always wanted to go eat our monk for some reason. The last 20% add pack is probably the hardest bit of the fight, have to kill an add before the boss tank dies.Wwe for some reason decided to play ping pong with it and the adds, it all got very messy, lost the monk tank and a dps warrior, but it all worked out in the end :P
Lastwolf

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

We 2t/2h this, paladin/monk and monk/priest. Both our kills had 3-4 people dead at the end. This is one fight I get trucked on (hello 200k Splash), and I'm at a loss at what to do about it. I do unglyph DP for this fight, but our DPS pushes each 20% faster than my CDs can reliably come up, so sometimes I'm in a bit of a bind.

We CC what we can and have the monk kite whatever's left. Last week we had one warlock for fear and banish, this week we had a lock and two hunters and CC coming out our noses.

Adds really aren't that troublesome. Tank death is; I hold on to the boss while the monk is handling adds, so I can't even generate HP since the boss is immune. We generally kill all the adds by the time I'm reaching 12 stacks; maybe 15 on the 20% one. Or I've died.

Our paladin and shaman healers have yet to be here to do this fight IIRC, so I don't know if it's just a healer class issue with throughput or what. Drives me nuts.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vayacondios » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:13 pm

You can taunt swap in that phase. The boss is immune to damage but can still be taunted.

We've had a lot of times that I was at 17-22 stacks of splash and still lived, but we three healed it. Safer that way and we have super high DPS.

The adds really shouldn't be that much of a problem depending on your raid comp, we run with a warlock, a warrior, and a priest so the fears and banish make the adds easy to control.
Vayacondios

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm

We 2t/2h this, paladin/monk and monk/priest. Both our kills had 3-4 people dead at the end. This is one fight I get trucked on (hello 200k Splash), and I'm at a loss at what to do about it. I do unglyph DP for this fight, but our DPS pushes each 20% faster than my CDs can reliably come up, so sometimes I'm in a bit of a bind.

We CC what we can and have the monk kite whatever's left. Last week we had one warlock for fear and banish, this week we had a lock and two hunters and CC coming out our noses.

Adds really aren't that troublesome. Tank death is; I hold on to the boss while the monk is handling adds, so I can't even generate HP since the boss is immune. We generally kill all the adds by the time I'm reaching 12 stacks; maybe 15 on the 20% one. Or I've died.

You can swap during the Immune, and we do that at the start. The last one we just hold onto every cooldown, pop Hero and blow through it.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 pm

The monk does taunt off me at ~15 during adds -- they're usually about dead or close to by that point, but it's not unusual for that fucking asshole to toss one more splash at me even *after* the taunt swap.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:29 am

Why not just 3 heal it? If there's an enrage i haven't see it and we 3 heal. Also why does your monk kite the adds? I just pick them up and we nuke 1 down, if I'm on the boss and one spawns near me i pick it up for HP generation.
Winkle

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

We don't always (often) have three healers available. Sometimes we're lucky to have two.

The first few pulls we did, having the boss and an add seemed untenable, but that was a few weeks ago and our gear's better now.

I'll continue to tweak our approach next week. We've been killing it, but I don't like how messy it is. A third healer probably would trivialize the problem (insufficient throughput on Splash damage).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lastwolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Winkle wrote:Why not just 3 heal it? If there's an enrage i haven't see it and we 3 heal. Also why does your monk kite the adds? I just pick them up and we nuke 1 down, if I'm on the boss and one spawns near me i pick it up for HP generation.

There is an enrage it's just very very generous, I think we downed it with 3 minutes to go or something daft (3 healers/2tanks).

The boss itself hits harder as you go which is a kinda soft enrage.

The last adds spawn at 20% so we BL and go nuts on them, I can tank 3 or so, anymore than that it tends to get about 1 shotty if they all attack at same time, boss + add is dead tank, you can't have 180k extra hits getting at the boss tank, he's spikey enough as is.
Lastwolf

Postby Winkle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 am

I didn't realize they hit so hard, although having said that its the only time you need to use a tank CD anyway.
Winkle

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 am

3 healed this last night, with our shadow priest going holy. Completely trivializes the fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

LoL She!
"let's pull it and see what happens" they said. we killed it on the very first attempt. and almost fell of our chairs laughing ^.^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_9KygcDaI
Schroom

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)