Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 am

Fenrìr wrote:I feel your frustration. On top of that, people seem to have no loyalties first tier cause they all want to pretend their 'world quality' players. Just lost 4 people in my new guild because we weren't progressing fast enough for them despite already having attendance issues.

And in my case, the RL is gonna burn out people from our 'F&F" guild by pushing too hard, and then have to pull from outside to get the progession he wants. We have some attendance issues, but he's convieniently quiet when the "golden few" are the ones that aren't there.

Fenrìr wrote:/sigh...I think I'm about done...

We need more MTankadin guilds I guess... the burnout seems to be coming faster this xpac.

I suspect that I'll be looking come February.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:23 am

Part of the burnout was the dailies -- and our insane drive to not be the weakest link in our own raid group.

That is the difference between me and my co-tank who has about 110K less health than me... Not saying he's the weakest link, he's still an awesome tank, but got burned out very quickly from the dailies...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby djlar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 am

Man, one of those nights where your ISP flaps up, DCing just as they pulled a boss (Elegon), they wiped (not because of 24 players but a tank mishap on the add that rape several people. Then all OK back to game I relog in the City, I ask for a summon, nobody does, they pull again with 24, I was like "oh God if they killed it I won't be able to roll for anything", well, they didn't again, some people got too many stacks and died.

By then I already flew to the instance and zoned in, barely made it to the boss chamber before they pulled, I hit "not ready" on the ready check, they still pull, no food buff my poisons ran out. Another wipe, one tank fell off the floor...

Well next pull everything OK, we were on the second set of sparks, I freakin' DC'd again, they were saying I was on midair, so I waited to log until the floor spawned, when it did I come back, but I'm falling off THE WORLD over and over and the game kicks me out (it doesn't know what to do I think) I try several times same result, I timed it so when they kill the boss I log a second later, I did and got to use the coin and all (whew!)... figures it was GOLD again..
djlar

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 am

Raid Cancelled.

A-freaking-gain.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nordix » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Followup to the "racism in my guild" story:

The racist guy left the guild after hc starshatter dropped and he havent gotten it.It surfaced that he was already about to leave at the end of the week,because we are too casual. I kinda tried putting up with him because he was a goodish player.
By the time,we were progressing on heroic zorlok,a hard boss in heart of fear and we still havent had spirt kings/will hc, so we were behind by a lot. That can be accounted for shit healers in previous guild and the disband/reform process, but on zorlok,it was incredibly tedious to wipe at the same part due to the same 2 players dying for 150 tries straight.After this racist guy left((because of the disband/fails at zorlok,n such)) I was only happy for a second,because it got worse,much worse,the guy replacing him was utter crap,just +1 to the failers list.(And I've seen him as the crack that will destroy this new fragile guild)

So I thought about quitting my guild of 9 months (Technically,2 weeks ,but 90% of the raiders came to the reformed one,so we can count both as one!).I spent 2.5 hours writing up an application,talking to their members/GM quite a bit,and the feedback was really really positive,got invited for an interview very fast (Which basically means I got accepted.) I was worried and sad a bit,because I'd leave some friends behind.Interview was supposed to take place on a thursday evening after raidtime.
Wednesday came.Zorlok hc progress again.I was logging in with an unspeakable depression because 1: I was going to leave them ,2:Zorlok again ,watching the same bads.
And then a miracle happened,fails stopped ,they were literally cut off,and we downed hc zorlok in a couple of pulls.I had a huge mega wtf impression all over my face,considering to withdraw my app,because my guild may just have resurrected from it's ashes.We proceeded to clear the usual farmbosses after the kill.On the interview day(Next day) we went back to progress on blade lord tayak,and killed it in ~25 tries.
Even bigger WTF.I've withdrawn my app 1 minute after the kill,explaning why and how and what.The new guild's atmosphere was better,their progression was way way way WAY better,would've been a nobrainer call for some,I still withdrawn and stayed in my flawed guild because of a few people and because I have honor not shagging them off midprogression when the guild found itself and things span up. -If it died out,like the indications shown,then it would've been okay,but not like this.

Fast forward to this week/today->Someone somehow finds out about my app->information gets relayed to my GM ->and now he is literally a d*ck with me.Asking nearimpossible or paradoxial things,yelling when I dont succeed,blocking me on loot/gbank,considering promoting a social tank to trial then replaceme and explicitly stating its because I applied.

I'm lost. From one problem to another.
Nordix

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Ouch.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Holy hell...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

@Nordix:
Did you get (or even roll on) any loot from the raid after you had your other-guild interview set up?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm

As a sort-of RL it's really hard not to take it personal when people leave, especially when it's over the speed of progress, it's usually good players that end up leaving because of that, it's just a major set back.

Good people are hard to replace and it's basically throwing a spanner in the works, he's prolly just butt hurt, I'd send him a in game mail or something, explaining concisely that for while you thought about it (leaving) and you changed your mind, not that you didn't get accepted elsewhere.

If he continues to be a dick, you'll just have to weather the storm or maybe see if you can reapply :P
Lastwolf

Postby Gab » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Raiders who are ultra sensitive about criticism and always have some excuse even though we log every fight...
Gab

Postby Fetzie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 am

I hate my phone.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Mannstein » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

Nordix wrote:Followup to the "racism in my guild" story:
Fast forward to this week/today->Someone somehow finds out about my app->information gets relayed to my GM ->and now he is literally a d*ck with me.Asking nearimpossible or paradoxial things,yelling when I dont succeed,blocking me on loot/gbank,considering promoting a social tank to trial then replaceme and explicitly stating its because I applied.

I'm lost. From one problem to another.

Well to be honest i would be an even greater dick... Only time as a GM i was aware of a player applying to another guild I setup the 25 men raid... get him in, saved and i ask him:
RL(me): Hey i heard you apply to the "new guild"!?
Raider: yes
RL (me): Well, good luck then.
Raider has left the raid (Kicked)
Raider has left the guild (Kicked)

Didn't you warn you were applying to another guild?.... i cannot agree with that.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:56 am

While I agree he should've told his RL or GM that he was applying elsewhere, there's no sense in being a child and getting him saved. That's just petty. There's enough dicks in this game - we don't need to add to the list.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah no sympathy here if you didn't even tell them you were apping elsewhere.

As a guild/raid lead if I get wind of people apping elsewhere they're gone. No question about it and I won't even wait till you log on to explain yourself. You were justifiably unhappy but still you have to look at it from their perspective. I'd be pissed if people were in my raids potentially gearing up to go elsewhere which has happened to me in the past. That is the choice you make when you apply to other guilds while still being tagged.
Teranoid

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am

Do you always tell your employer when you're looking for another job?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General