Remove Advertisements

paladins.. worse healers for heroics?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ulushnar » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:53 am

I've seen good and bad examples of all healing classes in Heroics. Back when I was still gearing up in them, my main healer was an absolutely imba holydin.

These days though it doesn't matter. A Holy Priest with ADHD and a Starshards/Holy Hova fixation can keep me alive.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Shakkra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:36 am

Stylaan wrote:
Mortehl wrote:
Tunos wrote:I heal heroics fine (I'm normally holy). Worst healer is probably a resto druid.

lol

Resto druids absolutely own for heroic healing. I do 30 minute clears of almost every heroic and I almost exclusively use them or priests. HoT = the pwn when you're aoe tanking.

Depends on their gear level, they have the slowest (and fewest) spike heals in the game and heroics involve a lot of spike damage at lower gear levels.

I have to disagree. I love druid healers when i tank and I still clear heroics easily when I heal with my druid (at only 1200+heal). Between sustained 500+ bloom ticks, 700 reju and the occasional regrowth, I can still quickmend or even instant heal.

So far I've met one bad resto druid, for some reason he couldnt manage his spells and was non-tree most of the time.

However, the worst heroic healer - imo - is a paladin.
Shakkra

Postby Shakkra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:44 am

Sparti wrote:
Tunos wrote:I heal heroics fine (I'm normally holy). Worst healer is probably a resto druid.

i honestly prefer resto druids over holy paladins for heroics. Resto hots + healing touch can keep me alive through a lot. The real problem is when resto druids switch to treeform and will not come out of it for any reason.

Funny. I exlusively heal in tree, I couldnt keep up the hps without. 'course i always keep a 3-stack bloom on my tank.
Shakkra

Postby Melathys » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 am

pally healing is an exercise in triage.
Melathys

Postby blitzwing » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am

I have had both good and bad experiences with all the healing classes. I've had tree druids that could keep me alive with HoT's with 6 mobs on me. and Ive had some that couldn't keep me up no matter what (tranquility FTL)

had a holy paladin that complained he couldn't keep me alive while tanking the spore bats right after the first boss in UB. flash of light just not enough (he did better after I told him to put blessing of light on me) then he complained about going oom because he just spammed HL for the rest of the night. I think its just that some healers are bad IMO, just like some tanks are bad
blitzwing

Postby Cynnammon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 am

blitzwing wrote:had a holy paladin that complained he couldn't keep me alive while tanking the spore bats right after the first boss in UB. flash of light just not enough (he did better after I told him to put blessing of light on me) then he complained about going oom because he just spammed HL for the rest of the night. I think its just that some healers are bad IMO, just like some tanks are bad

ugh, same thing happened to me in heroic arc. holy pally, when she would heal, would only heal max rank FoL. she might be used to healing people with a little more health, but fully buffed i had nearly 14k health. shouldn't be that hard to keep me up. i had quite the aggro lead too, so she wasn't needing to heal the other people in the group.

we shouldn't have to wipe on ONE of the demons. multiple times.

i much prefer taking guildmates to heal for instances, but a buddy of mine from another guild pulled me in after the warrior that was previously tanking forced wipes because he should not have been tanking. 9k health for heroic arc FTL. :roll:
Cynnammon

Postby kon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 pm

normally no issues with palys healing except it seems i get better mana returns with other healers

provided i'm overgeared for heroics anyway, try tanking both bogs before first boss in heroic UB, that normally opens a few eyes :lol:
kon

Postby Cynnammon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:03 am

kon wrote:provided i'm overgeared for heroics anyway, try tanking both bogs before first boss in heroic UB, that normally opens a few eyes :lol:

i did that last time i went in there. kept both of the busy, we burned down the first one, no one died, and the healer didn't even go OOM. of course, the healer and i have worked together in most instance runs since i hit 70, so we have a good rapport. he knows when he needs to downrank heals or uprank them depending on my health. he's probably the single best pally healer that i know, and i often consider him over the priests or druids in the guild if he's online for runs. :lol:
Cynnammon

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics