[10N] Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Postby Lastwolf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 am

I had misdirect, so perhaps I had it easier in that regard, I still found the opening 10 seconds of having the adds difficult, then I had after 30 seconds when I'm out of real defensive cooldowns.
Lastwolf

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 am

frontallobe wrote:
the hardest part about that tactic was to get the mobs to me without
misdirection of any sort.

^ Literally what caused us the most wipes was this transition. What a bear.

We tried this several times and it was horrible. Switched to having one tank pick up each side and have basically one shot it since, even with two new people in raid this past week. We burn the small adds on the monk tank (our DK helps keep them stunned to keep his damage intake down) and trap his large add as soon as possible; once his big add is trapped the (remaining) small adds on me peel off and are quickly murdered, and we just leave the big add up for the rest of the fight -- the damage it does is trivial, and the damage from the buff is nice to have.

I don't understand the necessity for the elaborate calisthenics to redistribute large and small adds. Is there some benefit for doing so that I'm not seeing, or is this separation basically required in heroic mode?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am

My guess is that the small adds are gathered so people can stun them together. And healers can focus on one tank.
superworm

Postby Winkle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 am

We seemed to be suffering from Random tank gibs, the 2/6 split made it easier to surivive, perhaps its just a gearing thing though.
Winkle

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm

2/6 should make it no easier to remove "tank gibs" than 4/4, unless what you really mean is "One tank thinks cooldowns are overrated".
Darielle

Postby Chronos » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 pm

4/4 or 2/6, stuns and slows on the little guys as you kite is whats going to stop gibs. 2/6 does make trapping and kiting easier, just harder to pick them all up. Not hard for a pali tank. Also something to note, it IS possible to waste two traps on one big guy if he runs over two too quickly.
Chronos

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 pm

I had no problems with the 4/4 split, the other tank died constantly, so we had to go 2/6 cause I could take it basically.
Lastwolf

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:14 am

Lastwolf wrote:I had no problems with the 4/4 split, the other tank died constantly, so we had to go 2/6 cause I could take it basically.

Same here, our War OT would just occasionally get wrecked, even when chaining CD's. We switched to the 2/6 split, with the War kiting the 6 and it was smoother.
Winkle

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 am

I had no problems with the 4/4 split, the other tank died constantly, so we had to go 2/6 cause I could take it basically.

Same here. War tank got gibbed over and over again.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Magnilda » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:02 am

Thought I'd share how we managed to do the adds phase. We simply had one tank pick up the left side and one pick up the right side...

I could handle my adds fine with my cooldowns. Holy Avenger & Glyph of Blinding Light were both very useful. Our other tank was struggling with his adds so we decided to focus down two of the windblades on the his side straight away.

Then once those were dead we'd just kill the rest of the Windblades except for one. Once we had the two amber traps we killed the final Windblade and went back to phase 1.

Didn't have any tank deaths in the add phase while doing it this way.
Magnilda

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)