Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am

Levantine wrote:Well if MMOChamp is to be believed mages are officially dead after the last round of nerfs to combustion and critical mass.

My guess is Warlock atm.


According to the MMO-champ forums, EVERYTHING's dead. Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, Warriors, even our little dog! Blizzard KILLED HIM! :-p

I'll go check warlocks out on icyveins.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Levantine » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 am

Well given that I don't actually play a mage, this might be totally wrong, but the Ignite nerf AND the Critical Mass nerf together seems pretty stiff for fire.

This one time I gave the posters over there the benefit of the doubt. I had a stroke.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 am

Levantine wrote:Well given that I don't actually play a mage, this might be totally wrong, but the Ignite nerf AND the Critical Mass nerf together seems pretty stiff for fire.

This one time I gave the posters over there the benefit of the doubt. I had a stroke.


Doing 60k dps with heroic only gear clearly isnt allowed :( Back to 30k it is :(
Andurin
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 am

Zoiks! Just saw the nerf. Fire mages were insane to begin with, but that must have hurt like hell.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby valura » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 am

Sagara wrote:
Levantine wrote:Well if MMOChamp is to be believed mages are officially dead after the last round of nerfs to combustion and critical mass.

My guess is Warlock atm.


According to the MMO-champ forums, EVERYTHING's dead. Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, Warriors, even our little dog! Blizzard KILLED HIM! :-p

I'll go check warlocks out on icyveins.


Meh, MMOChamp's a whiny little bitch... went on my 87 firemage last night and did some instances, and was only outdps'ed by a lvl 90 warrior and lvl 90 hunter. Even the 88 hunter and the 89 priest were way below me. Unless the scale at 90 is so terribad it's crippling... I hope not :?
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
User avatar
valura
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am
Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:33 am

That's part of the reason I like Wow Insider's DPS analysis post they did a couple of times: it's a generally sound premise, there are enough caveats to keep the data in perspective, and they don't (seem to) have an agenda to shove down our throats.

Also, I just might dust out my Shaman after all :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 am

I still wish it would not take a single Keg Smash for the monk tank to take all my threat away from me...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11153
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 am

well, didn't raid last night. now, some people didn't show up for any reason...but one guy had an actual legit reason.

hoping...fingers crossed...that we actually raid tomorrow night. i just want to kill something that isn't lfr.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm

So.. our rogue was MIA last night, so we had to pug a mage...

Frustration/amusement: The poor pug mage, RL barking out "FAIL" when the pug didn't get his pillar down on time, and then again when he died. Really? You bring in a pug that hasn't done the raid on normal and you're barking at him like he's been on the raid team? (Also, barking on the first wipe? really? Method you are not).

Frustration 2: Elegon.. that dps check is a bit too tight. Even getting 4 waves of sparks both times still hitting the enrage.

Frustration 3: I'm expecting that I'll get a lot of heat and may loose my raid spot when I go on vacation for 3 weeks in January. Because yeah, the game is more important than life. Combine that with the wanna-be elitist attitudes that are gonna get really bad when we start face-wiping on heroics..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Elegon.

I like that it is a DPS check.
I like that it is an execution check.
I like that there is a tank challenge (protectors).
I like that there is a phase where you really need to dump.

But I don't like all of it together - too many points of failure, and with a group that isn't world first, and, without offending anyone in it I hope, not quite as good as when we did DS - it just seems too tightly tuned.

Also, I want a tank! (as in, an actual tank, instead of a dps tanking with Sag).

I am soo tempted to gear up my DK and tank - but that will just shift the problem to lack of DPS. I hate the first tier of an expansion, too many guilds vying for the raiders - and eventually at least 50% of them don't go through the second tier of an expansion - we just can't really wait for that.
(Also, I still don't really want to take a tank spot due to my inherent priority as a raid leader - and I've never actually tanked as a DK before, though the same was true as a druid tank in BC and as a tankadin in Cata.)
Gaah - I'll probably end up tanking anyway - maybe I should just do it and get it over with - dps should be easier to recruit... I hope...)

(Btw, if anyone is looking for a new home....)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 pm

YAY! I don't think I ever played with an above-average tank in the past... Gonna be fun :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 pm

halabar wrote:So.. our rogue was MIA last night, so we had to pug a mage...

Frustration/amusement: The poor pug mage, RL barking out "FAIL" when the pug didn't get his pillar down on time, and then again when he died. Really? You bring in a pug that hasn't done the raid on normal and you're barking at him like he's been on the raid team? (Also, barking on the first wipe? really? Method you are not).

Frustration 2: Elegon.. that dps check is a bit too tight. Even getting 4 waves of sparks both times still hitting the enrage.

Frustration 3: I'm expecting that I'll get a lot of heat and may loose my raid spot when I go on vacation for 3 weeks in January. Because yeah, the game is more important than life. Combine that with the wanna-be elitist attitudes that are gonna get really bad when we start face-wiping on heroics..


you could always join our guild. we "raid 2 times a week". sort of the same core since bc. we used to be pretty good. now we are casual and not very good. makes for good times.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Levantine wrote:Well if MMOChamp is to be believed mages are officially dead after the last round of nerfs to combustion and critical mass.

My guess is Warlock atm.

Isn't Frost pretty good still?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6861
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

* Leave school campus
* Get to office
* See work order placed just minutes after you left said campus
* Said campus is 8 miles away
Image



I said it before, I love my work... I just hate the people I have to deal with...

The avg clearance per technician so far this week is 7 work orders... I've cleared 68... I am usually #2 or #3 (the guys that normally gets #1 and #2 are programmers and every call they get is technically logged in as a work order)

Have I mentioned my OCD?
Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11153
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
Levantine wrote:Well if MMOChamp is to be believed mages are officially dead after the last round of nerfs to combustion and critical mass.

My guess is Warlock atm.

Isn't Frost pretty good still?


Thought frost was top dps now..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest