Remove Advertisements

[10H] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Postby Bellanka » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 am

This one looks to be a whole different ballgame on Heroic, but not entirely too hard.

I've only watched a few videos, but it seems that people are lining up the add kills with DPS cooldowns, since the boss is taking 600% extra damage during that phase, and tanking the boss away from the adds. It also seems like they're saving the last set of adds for the boss's execute phase, so you get the 600% extra damage and Hero/Lust stacked up.

On top of the 600% damage taken debuff the boss receives upon one set of adds dying his damage done is also increased by 200% for 30 seconds, so tanks rotating cooldowns is crucial for this phase.

45 seconds after a set of adds dies, he calls in reinforcements that need to be rounded up and AoEd down.

Am I missing anything?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Postby Kishandra » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am

The reinforcements are the same adds that you killed (so any who were cc'ed should get re-cc'ed).

Also, you have a maximum of 3 cc targets instead of 4.
Kishandra

Postby Kai » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:38 am

think the most used strategy is to CC all three amber shapers (running around with wind bombs is bad and costs dps). assign an interrupter for each healer. pop aoe CDs, combustion balbla to get the mobs down fast. need to use CDs for the blademaster charges, immunities when avaible, hand of sac, pwd shield etc. kill the healers, go all out on the boss and hopefully get the blademasters very low already. after 45s the healers come in again. aoe again adn kill the blademasters. and repeat.
this requires a priest who will cast mass dispell on CD, if you don't have a priest, it's probably not a good idea to do it this way. 2 healer, 1 tank as well, can surely be done with 3-1 or 2-2 as well.
Kai

Postby iAvatar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Killed this last night, took 13 attempts - extremely easy for a heroic boss. Got our first kill of this and Blade Lord in the same night.

Blood DK tank with a disc priest and holy paladin. Started with 3 healers, ended up using 2 as the only real damage is on the tank, any cooldowns from personals to healers to healthstones will keep anyone alive during Rain of Blades.

Used the CC spears on all 3 Trappers.

Assigned each melee a Mender to interrupt, nuked the menders first. When they died we popped lust and nuked boss - aim for around 50% or lower here, make sure every dps is saving their cooldowns and potions for this, don't waste them at the start.

We had a shadow priest mass dispelling Quickening with some assistance from the Disc priest as needed. 1 stack was fine, 2 stack needed to be dispelled. Our shaman was purging the boss as Quickening and Rain of Blades was likely to kill someone during Recklessness.

Disc priest was shielding the Strike target from the Blademasters - we told people to use their personals, also used BoP.

What you will wipe to: incoming burst damage on the tank was our biggest problem, just required healers becoming used to the fight. Triggering a Recklessness just as Rain of Blades start and healers aren't prepared for the higher damage Reck. We found we were killing the first Menders just as a Rain of Blades was happening so we attacked the boss/Blademasters for a few seconds while the Rain happened.

Tanked near the ramp opposite the Trappers. DK used DND to pick up the Reinforcements. Not really essential, as long as your tank can get the reinforcements.

Tank damage is much easier once you get the first Recklessness as you only have 1 pack of adds plus the boss.

Fight goes like this:

Kill Menders > Recklessness 1 - lust and burn! > Blademasters die > Reckless 2 + Mender reinforcements > Kill menders > Recklessness 3 + Blademaster reinforcements > boss at 10%, ignored all the adds and burned the boss. The second mender reinforcements showed up as we were burning the boss, just keep the tank up and you win.

The tank put raid markers back on the Mender reinforcements during the second Recklessness so melee knew which to interrupt once Recklessness ended. Don't need to interrupt them during the second Recklessness as only they and the Trappers are alive at that point and both packs are at full health so it doesn't matter.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4 ... 47&e=14776
Avátar of <Last Attempt> Thaurissan
6/6 H MSV | 6/6 H HoF | 4/4 H TEOS
iAvatar

Postby timoseewho » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 am

Do you do any AoE in the beginning of the fight to burn down both respective adds before focusing the menders?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby iAvatar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 am

Only incidental damage. I personally was using Soulburn: Seed to regen many shards so I could Soulburn Soulswap dots onto the kill pack and Haunt if I could afford the shards. I know other dps would have been doing similar stuff, DND from the tank, Halo from the shadow priest etc.

We directed dps to focus down the Menders, the Blademasters were around half health or lower when we began killing them.
Avátar of <Last Attempt> Thaurissan
6/6 H MSV | 6/6 H HoF | 4/4 H TEOS
iAvatar

Postby Kai » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 am

3 healed it yesterday, tank dmg just felt too absurd at times and the berserk really is nothing you should be worried about. killed menders, then blademasters and then menders again, but might not have been necessairy, boss was pretty low. told our dps shaman to glyph and use purge when the menders respawned. mass dispell did the job when the menders got zerged down the first time, but after they respawn, they were up considerably longer naturally and mass dispell and its 15s CD started to fall behind. much safer to just purge a bit and be done with it, again, berserk doesn't really exist, even with 3 healers and another dps purging.
Kai

Postby timoseewho » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 am

We managed to take it down tonight with 1T/2H with a Priest on dispels and me (Hunter) dispelling the boss full time, which seemed quite necessary for his AoE. To start off we cc'ed all 3 trappers and AoE'ed in the beginning and started single targeting the menders at 50-60%, kill those, lust/warp burn boss, then kill blademasters, burn boss. The reinforced menders would show up when the second Recklessness fell off and we just proceeded to killing those again and kill the boss on the third Recklessness (keep in mind that the reinforced blademasters show up some time before the third burn and can get messy again). In order for this strategy to work, having at least a Priest and 3 melee interrupters is key!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Vayacondios » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:11 am

Downed it the other night, super easy boss. 9 pulls in all.

Tanks: Me, prot pally.
Healers: Holy priest, holy pally, resto sham.
DPS: SV hunter, rogue of some kind, kitty druid, fury warrior, fire mage, windwalker monk.

CC'd the amber trapers, tank and spanked the rest. Resto sham and holy priest did all of the dispells.

Not much more to talk about, really easy. As a tank be sure to chain as many CDs as you can and be sure to be on the boss when he has his 600% damage taken debuff. I ended up as the top DPS at about 500k DPS. Pallys own this fight hard core.
Vayacondios

Postby Winkle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:57 am

The top parse is a prot pally doing an incredible 1.2m dps, pretty ridiculous.
Winkle

Postby timoseewho » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Winkle wrote:The top parse is a prot pally doing an incredible 1.2m dps, pretty ridiculous.

I was told that those Paladins tanked with 4P retribution set lol.
timoseewho

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 am

Winkle wrote:The top parse is a prot pally doing an incredible 1.2m dps, pretty ridiculous.

i had a look at WoL and highest i can find on any difficulty is just shy of 500k

anyone tried single tanking this yet since the nerf to HotR proccing SoI is it still a viable strat or should we 2 tank it
Jaitee

Postby Vayacondios » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 am

Jaitee wrote:

i had a look at WoL and highest i can find on any difficulty is just shy of 500k

anyone tried single tanking this yet since the nerf to HotR proccing SoI is it still a viable strat or should we 2 tank it

The logs are super drunk it seems, I looked the other day when we killed it and the top ranking was 1.2 mil DPS, now the highest is 499k.

Here's my log from it where I did 530k DPS, when I did it I was only ranked 101. Rankings are just broken.

Also did 53k HPS, 46% of that was from SoI. Very easy to one tank, very, very easy.
Vayacondios

Postby Hespherus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 am

I did 550k on our kill, and yes, the top ranks are close or above 1M.
Hespherus

Postby Xarlanther » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 am

I have a question about the tanking on this fight.

What is the reason to only take 1 tank?
With 2 tanks both on full vengeance they still top the dps meters and do massive healing (monks especially), swapping one out for a dps doesn't seem to give much benefit. 2T/2H seems much better then 1T/3H no?

cheers,
Xar.
Xarlanther

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)