Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby twinkfist » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 am

did lfr spirit kings and elegon on my warrior but left before twins because going out to the store. used my second coin for gold and only had one coin left for extra roll. went back on my warrior and had to do the first two bosses over again...was able to use my extra roll again on elegon and got the 2h sword because i went ARMS. was actually hoping to get the 1h axes...but will probably do elegon again as fury just to get a shot. was stoked that i was able to use an extra roll again.
twinkfist

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Bit the bullet and spent 30k on a Brawler's guild invite.

Didn't realize it's account wide. This shit is so much fun.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Teranoid wrote:Bit the bullet and spent 30k on a Brawler's guild invite.

:shock:

:?

SHIT now i need to start looking for them

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Hm....

What are the restrictions to "compete" or even to get invited? Could a lvl 1 get invited to the guild and then have access on all their characters?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm

2 shot Gara'jal (total of i think 7 pulls) and 2 shot spirit kings (one hmm lets see the fight pull and one for real pull)
so far the hardest part of this raid is the trash before elegon

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Hm....

What are the restrictions to "compete" or even to get invited? Could a lvl 1 get invited to the guild and then have access on all their characters?

The character has to be lvl 90 to use it.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 am

bldavis wrote:2 shot Gara'jal (total of i think 7 pulls) and 2 shot spirit kings (one hmm lets see the fight pull and one for real pull)

Dunno, I haven't had much trouble with those adds since week 2 - eat the kickback (it barely tickles), then kite 'em around a bit. The only trouble is how cramped the space is, but even then, there's enough to run around.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

Sagara wrote:
bldavis wrote:2 shot Gara'jal (total of i think 7 pulls) and 2 shot spirit kings (one hmm lets see the fight pull and one for real pull)

Dunno, I haven't had much trouble with those adds since week 2 - eat the kickback (it barely tickles), then kite 'em around a bit. The only trouble is how cramped the space is, but even then, there's enough to run around.

kite 'm till the buff falls off and no problem indeed.

cloud serpent exalted on 3rd toon. only took me 2 days with the commendation. It's silly powerfull for that rep grind.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby lythac » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:31 am

bldavis wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Bit the bullet and spent 30k on a Brawler's guild invite.

:shock:

:?

SHIT now i need to start looking for them

Time to level an alt on a dead server for a 1k invite. Wonder if it would be cost effective to level a char (DK?) if your invites cost 30k+?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 am

I just had an epiphany. If I stop trying to heal by mousing over raid frames, and try instead using friendly nameplates, it'd feel less whack-a-mole and I'd solve my issues with mobility and awareness while healing - playing healer in a style closer to how I play dps.

...Only problem is I'd have to actually pull my healing spec together and do some healing to see if it works.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I just had an epiphany. If I stop trying to heal by mousing over raid frames, and try instead using friendly nameplates, it'd feel less whack-a-mole and I'd solve my issues with mobility and awareness while healing - playing healer in a style closer to how I play dps.

...Only problem is I'd have to actually pull my healing spec together and do some healing to see if it works.

Get ready to REALLY hate all the rogues who tirelessly sidestep back and forth because they're bored while trying to build combo points. :wink: Oh, and anything with a charge-like mechanic. Or blink. You get the picture!

Did it for a while in dungeons, really does make it feel less whack-a-mole! Definitely recommend it for spicing up boring dungeon runs (great synergy with the healer-game, AKA "how low can I let you drop before saving you"). Not so sure about raiding, though. :mrgreen:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 am

Well right now I absolutely despise healing at all (to the point that I almost went ahead with a main swap this expac to avoid having to maintain my healing offspec), so I was looking for a way to make it at least barely tolerable. Those are some valid concerns, hmm.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am

the hardest part of this raid is the elegon

Fixed. Will is cake and the trash is fine once the tanks know what to do with them. Elegon... you are gonna hit a performance/dps check there.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

Maybe you just hate it because you haven't done it enough? I mean, there's nothing more panic-inducing than being told to suddenly heal a raid when you haven't even healed a 5 man.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am

halabar wrote:
the hardest part of this raid is the elegon

Fixed. Will is cake and the trash is fine once the tanks know what to do with them. Elegon... you are gonna hit a performance/dps check there.

at the point, the trash was hte hardest part for us
we hadnt pulled elegon at that point
our best pull was ~60% iirc (i can link the log if someone wnats)

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General