So I hear there's Pandas and stuff now.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I hear there's Pandas and stuff now.

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Professions are as boring as they can possibly get.
Except cooking. You can do 1-550 cooking in 5 minutes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 pm

I shall have to find out how to do it in 5 mins then, I rolled a Panda so I guess cooking makes sense I think I'll just take mining or something whilst I level and sell stuff.
Arkesh

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 pm

When you are 85, you head Halfhill, there's a vendor + trainer nearby who give recipes and mats for training 1-550. You just need some Golden Carps extras (like 1-2g each on AH). I trained 1-550 for like 300g.

Well I suppose you can be summoned there earlier if you wish.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

also, if you are a monk, once you hit 20 (i think) you get a daily that gives you 1 hr of +50% xp, as well as a quest every 10 levels for the same buff

if it runs out in a dungeon, the buff lasts until you leave that dungeon

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

The MoP grind for professions is generally painless - the 525-600 bit. Some of the earlier stages can be nasty. A nice perk is the Darkmoon Faire quests, which give you +5 to the professions every month. That can help get over some of the nastier humps.

I very much resisted it on my main and on characters I care about, but what I would recommend is leveling with one or two gathering professions. You get XP for gathering, which is a nice bonus. Many of my alts just did dungeons and gathered up to Cata. Then when you hit 90, switch to the professions you want for the perks and zerg them. You might need a decent bank balance, but gathering may give you some cash and there are some nice synergies (skinning and leather working; mining and any of engineering, BS or JC; herbalism and either alc or inscription; tailoring and enchanting). If you try to keep a crafting profession at the same pace as your character level, you will go crazy as you said - you just level far too fast and ultimately even if you could keep pace, crafting leveling gear is a waste. Just don't do what I did on one alt, aim to get LW at 90, level with skinning and alchemy, then at 90 delete skinning by mistake. (Thank goodness for GM tickets.)
econ21

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Worldie wrote:When you are 85, you head Halfhill, there's a vendor + trainer nearby who give recipes and mats for training 1-550. You just need some Golden Carps extras (like 1-2g each on AH). I trained 1-550 for like 300g.

Well I suppose you can be summoned there earlier if you wish.

Thanks, if that's the case I won't worry too much about it then until I'm closer to 90. And I just realised I'm being a retard and getting confused with GW2 where cooking was a primary profession. So I need to go back to the drawing board with my ideas, might go alchemy/enchanting. I'll have a ponder.
Arkesh

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Mining/herbing will give you xp while leveling, so if you're planning alchemy, you could do herbing/enchanting while leveling and save the more expensive/hard to find herbs to use for alch at cap (unless you plan to use the pots and such while leveling.)

As for your earlier questions about priests:

Shadow - Mind Flay is our lowest priority spell, so you're only "watching a channel bar" when Shadow Word: Pain/Vampiric Touch are on the target, Mind Blast is on cooldown, you don't have 3 orbs for Devouring Plague and Mind Spike doesn't have an instant proc (based on talents.) Also, during single target fights, if using the proper priorities, you should never run out of mana.

Disc - Bubble spam is no more, you're very likely to run out of mana if you try. I haven't really played it much since 90, but they have made mana something you have to watch. Given a proper amount of spirit, Smite/Heal should be relatively mana neutral. Beyond that, bubble should be used often enough to get replenishment (buff that regens mana when a bubble gets eaten, can only trigger every 12 or 15s, I forget which.) Penance/Prayer of Mending are generally kept on cd, Greater Heal if you need a big heal and can wait on the cast time, Flash Heal if it's an emergency. Renew is generally ignored, but if you have to move, the target has weakened soul and PoM is on cd, you can use it to buy a little time.

Holy - Has Chakras... and... heals... I honestly know little about this spec.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

from what i have played of holy (not much since i rediscovered disc in 5.0) holy is still the aoe healing spec - CoH, PoH, PoM, and your aoe heal chakra and lightspring glyph

chakras are 3 flavors - aoe ground target heal (a la healing rain), a single target bossted heal, and a stun/damage

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 am

Itt: levie realises his guild mates have very little clue about healing priests (well Skye knows a bit about disc, but he's still definitely a shadow priest. Btw it's rapture)
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 am

you just realized this?
i play one, but very poorly

there is a reason i prefer healing on my shaman or druid

bldavis

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:16 am

bldavis wrote:also, if you are a monk, once you hit 20 (i think) you get a daily that gives you 1 hr of +50% xp, as well as a quest every 10 levels for the same buff

In addition to the bonus rested xp? never heard of this.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am

Worldie wrote:Professions are as boring as they can possibly get.
Except cooking. You can do 1-550 cooking in 5 minutes.

Well, it's longer that 5 min, but yeah, don't need the Pilgrims festival or whatever that was anymore.

halabar

Postby Arkesh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah in addition to it. You get a spell called Zen Pilgrimage that ports you to someone who gives you the daily. Quite handy.

Decided to go for herbalism and enchanting atm, but I found almost 0 herbs in westfall so I'm taking a trip to Loch Modan in the hopes I can get caught up to the herbs in Duskwood. Gives me a chance to catch up with TV though.

I can't believe how much linen and wool cloth is on the AH, sold 2 stacks of Linen for 15g each. Wool is about 10g, stuff first aid, there's money to be had.
Arkesh

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

Skye1013 wrote:Mining/herbing will give you xp while leveling, so if you're planning alchemy, you could do herbing/enchanting while leveling and save the more expensive/hard to find herbs to use for alch at cap (unless you plan to use the pots and such while leveling.)

Check the economy on your server first, JC is still a solid choice, you can save ore for it by doing mining to level.

Since you aren't doing a druid, I would do mining and skinning to level, and then pick your proffs at 85.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 am

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:also, if you are a monk, once you hit 20 (i think) you get a daily that gives you 1 hr of +50% xp, as well as a quest every 10 levels for the same buff

In addition to the bonus rested xp? never heard of this.

its monks only. while the bonus rested is pandas only

and the daily and the x10 level quest rewards are addative (2 hr buff)

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General