Remove Advertisements

[10H] Spirit Kings

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Spirit Kings

Postby Brokenone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 am

Vayacondios wrote:We killed it tonight, fixed order makes it lolololololololol.

Two tanked, two heals, six DPS.

Wait. Why would you 2 tank it? There is no reason for a tank swap ever, other than Meng being terrifying. Anyone with a taunt can just juggle with you for a few seconds breathing room, and you gain an extra DPS. Vengeance/Damage is pretty low on that fight as is, so I just don't see why you'd use two tanks.
Brokenone

Postby daishan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 am

We talked about using 2 tanks to lessen the chance of ppl aoe derping when the new boss activates his shield, in the end we 1 tanked 2 healed.
We found the 1st transition to be the nasty one getting out of the 1st volley while still soaking the massive attacks can be annoying if it's close to a bad flanking orders, just make sure you have the raid spread a good 5 sec before pinning arrows even if that means you'll need to solo soak massive attacks. Hopefully they'll only be a few % on Qiang when the tank starts solo soaking, both the tank and the melee have to be very careful until he's dead as it's very easy to turn the boss a little and kill a melee.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vayacondios » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm

You don't NEED to two tank it at all, for the a long time we just had the brewmaster tanking it and I was ret since our monk does more damage in tank spec then I do in tank spec and I do more in ret then he does in windwalker, was a much better overall raid DPS gain that way.

Brewmaster got his ass handed to him in a silver platter by Meng though, taunt swapping was an idea we talked about but with everything else going on it was meh, one more thing to worry about. I could one tank the fight really easy but our Monk is none so awesome at windwalker and even with low vengenace does more DPS in brewmaster then he does in windwalker, so having him change wouldn't have helped DPS much.

So we two tanked it, made it easy and simple, left one of us free to help call things, save people, gave me some breathing room to pay attention to BoPs for pinning arrow, etc. Another kill or two and we'll prolly just farm it with me tanking.
Vayacondios

Postby Darielle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

The Berserk is meaningless, you can meet it with 1 person dead the whole fight. While 1-tanking makes transitions faster, 2-tanking gives you more room to make those transitions so it's a wash, and it allows you to do a few more tricks with cooldowns and positioning to ease up.
Darielle

Postby Gab » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 am

Grommash wrote:Subetai doesn't give the debuff when he's stunned, but be careful with AoE when he first becomes active because it can and does give you the debuff. And you don't want the debuff when you're tanking/soaking Qiangs abilities.

Was this changed or possibly bugged? Started our first attempts, ten or so pulls, last night and Sleight of Hand remained up and applied Robbed Blind even when Subetai was stunned. Maybe I'm missing something...

Unfortunately logs aren't posted yet but I'm pretty sure that's what was happening.
Gab

Postby daishan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 am

We killed it on Thur in the EU Sub wasn't Robbing me while he was stunned, but make sure you wait till he _finishes_ the cast before stunning (still immune until he has the Sleight of Hand buff), the buff lasts for 8 sec so you'll need a 2nd stun to cover it all, even then there'll be a split second between him finishing the cast and been stunned where you can still get Robbed if you hit him.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

On our pulls Subetai always seems to interrupt his Sleight of Hand with a Pillage before Hammer of Justice wears off. Occasionally though he seems to 'Immune' the stun, maybe that means I hit it too early.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Vayacondios » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:41 pm

daishan wrote:We killed it on Thur in the EU Sub wasn't Robbing me while he was stunned, but make sure you wait till he _finishes_ the cast before stunning (still immune until he has the Sleight of Hand buff), the buff lasts for 8 sec so you'll need a 2nd stun to cover it all, even then there'll be a split second between him finishing the cast and been stunned where you can still get Robbed if you hit him.

If you have a combat rogue that is good at stuns he can get all 8 seconds, still safer to have a back up though.
Vayacondios

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 am

PsiVen wrote:On our pulls Subetai always seems to interrupt his Sleight of Hand with a Pillage before Hammer of Justice wears off. Occasionally though he seems to 'Immune' the stun, maybe that means I hit it too early.

The other thing to note here is that he will still apply Robbed Blind when he's zooming through the air to his Pillage spot.
Darielle

Postby Gab » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:16 am

Good lookin' out on the pillage tips. Killed 'em last night and we only saw a handful of Robbed Blind in those attempts after everyone stopped attacking right before Sleight went up for the stun to register and right before Pillage went out.

Found it a lot easier to stop dps right at 32% before Qiang's next shield (usually had to wait 10 seconds or less so not a big deal with how loose the Berserk is in current gear) and then break the shield, spread and lust. I would then solo soak Massive Attacks with CDs. Not sure if any other classes would be able to do the same without a lot of external cooldowns. HA is amazing for it.

The reason we decided to do it this way is that we found that the transition was a bit hectic and if we got a Flanking Orders around the same time as a Volley with everyone stacked people tended to end up dead. This made it a lot easier for people to avoid shit and focus on dpsing Qiang down quickly.

The only issue we ran into is our Warrior tended to want to hump Qiang's hit box and wound up dead a couple of times. As soon as he started making it a point to be at max melee at his center it wasn't an issue.
Gab

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)