Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 am

Worldie wrote:I dislike the idea of letting you transmog say, an axe into a sword. Kinda removes the weapon type flavour.

I on the other hand, as someone who played a DW DPS, wholly approve of allowing a Frost DK to wield 2 awesomely identicaly weapons. I would have been able to pair down all of my Weapons I had saved, down to just my favorite models.

2h'd
1h'd

Obviously I'd keep more than that, but those are the two models that I would use for my DK more often than anything else. Trolls, Death Knights, and Axes. Just something awesome about that.

I would have always loved to have picked up This because I thought it felt "trolly" but never could get a group to go back after it when mogging went in.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 am

twinkfist wrote:
Worldie wrote:I dislike the idea of letting you transmog say, an axe into a sword. Kinda removes the weapon type flavour.

completely agree. why even have different types of weapons now? just give everyone a piece of foam and go at it.

honestly...if they are doing this...why don't they just bring back all the old blacksmithing plans...i want LOLherald and bloodmoon...and let people be able to use the grand marshal's gear. who gives a flying crap anymore?

i'm sort of not digging the homogenization of everything. if i have an axe...i have an axe. if i have a sword...i have a sword.

i do like the one hand/main hand thing. i was going to say i was looking forward to a tanking mace so i can now use the merciless gladiator's gavel for tanking...but now i just need a feather or whatever and i can transmog it.

wtf?

I disagree, mainly because there are so many cool older models that can't be used now due to the MH/OH issue. Especially since most of the daggers look like swords now anyway. There are some issues with animations now, but really, the combat animations mostly suck, and who really pays attention to that anyway? If the weapons work with the combat poses, they should be allowed.

If they really don't want it, then they need to get off their lazy butts and add more weapon models and options to current tiers.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am

I just want Polearms and 2H Axes to be interchangeable!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am

To be honest, I never much saw the reason for the weapon type limit. Apparently the outcry by the hunter community (or a dev who favored the idea enough) was sufficient to not have to deal with whatever weapon type the current tier drops when you don't actually like the sound or look.

Personally, I hope they drop the MH/OH at least so I can wield the awesome Northshire Battlemace.
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 am

twinkfist wrote:

completely agree. why even have different types of weapons now? just give everyone a piece of foam and go at it.

honestly...if they are doing this...why don't they just bring back all the old blacksmithing plans...i want LOLherald and bloodmoon...and let people be able to use the grand marshal's gear. who gives a flying crap anymore?

i'm sort of not digging the homogenization of everything. if i have an axe...i have an axe. if i have a sword...i have a sword.

i do like the one hand/main hand thing. i was going to say i was looking forward to a tanking mace so i can now use the merciless gladiator's gavel for tanking...but now i just need a feather or whatever and i can transmog it.

wtf?

Then don't xmog it? Seriously this is one of the most petty things to complain about. Trying to make some slippery slope argument about changing the look of a weapon is ridiculous.
Teranoid

Postby twinkfist » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm

but that's my point then...what's the point of having any sort of weapon? or racial for that matter for expertise or anything?

you have an axe...you get an axe.

plus, if they are going this way...don't half ass it...make everything available.

EDIT: actually terranoid...you make a good point. didn't really think about it that way.

still, if they are talking about accessability all the time...then i would prefer all things to be accessible. like, the old bs plans for the weapons and the grand marshal gear.
twinkfist

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:46 pm

the argument about racials is a pretty poor strawman: you don't get a different weapon bonus through transmog. I feel like the weapon-specific bonuses are largely irrelevant flavor (though also basically a way of making it have some limits), especially now that daggers look like big swords (some are bigger than some sword models), swords like a bugs leg, axes like a razor blade on a stick, and maces can look like beer mugs.

unless they let me get a better bonus for using something I think is hideously ugly and doesn't match my shoes... then I'll be all for it. :P

But I'm all for accessible patterns for old gear (even if they were cosmetic only). I don't mind so much the limited access to some specific gear sets (though I think maybe a recolor should be available), especially if they had an achievement or some such thing to go with it.
benebarba

Postby Passionario » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

twinkfist wrote:you have an axe...you get an axe.

On other hand, the entire point of transmogrification is "making things look like different things".
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 pm

benebarba

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Posted a couple pages ago :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby twinkfist » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Passionario wrote:
twinkfist wrote:you have an axe...you get an axe.

On other hand, the entire point of transmogrification is "making things look like different things".

but it's still a sword to sword...axe to axe...mace to mace.

but honestly, after reading the rationale...it made much more sense than my rambling so i'm on board with it.

i mean, i've been wanting to have the merciless gladiator gavel as my tanking weapon since forever. was my first epic tanking weapon so i guess it actually let's me have what i want.

my argument was actually pretty stupid after thinking about it. i was thinking, "well, what's the point of calling it an axe if it can be "changed" into a sword"...but then after everyone pointed out it out...yeah, it's kind of dumb.
twinkfist

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Has anyone been able to store upgradeable gear into Void Storage?

It was in the patch notes stating that you can't put upgraded gear in Void Storage.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Lastwolf » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 am

It's long over due, All my older transmog stuff is main hand, I have a one-handed weapon for ages it's annoying not being able to change it.
Lastwolf

Postby Newsom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am

I'm very excited about this. So many good looking main hand swords that I haven't been able to use. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 am

With it giving Main Hand Weapons the ability to be mogged, here si a short list of MH Weapons that I always loved.

Zulian Scepter of Rites I would have totally DW'd them on my DK.
BUBBLES!!!!!!!!!!! Yes. I forsee people DW'ing these.
Also known as the Cudgel Good Weapon model.
Shockwave Truncheon Maybe I'm alone. I love the animation on this model.
Greatsword of Horrid Dreams I tanked with this. I thought it was AWESOME.
Fang of the Leviathan Frekkin' awesome model.
Lollipop Will definitely get used by paladins, and I'm sure some other classes.
Tempest of Chaos Definitely going to see use again.
Infection Repulser Good and bulky
Life and Death Man.. that thing is SEXY
Bone Golem Scapula A Million Death KNights cried out as they realized they could DW this now.
DK's Sword fun
The Many Spellswords of Wotlk I bet you see this one too.
Arthas Mace I bet you see this one too.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General