Remove Advertisements

[25H] Will of Emperor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[25H] Will of Emperor

Postby samsara » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:55 am

Hello,

we started progress on this fight yesterday and where a bit confused. It seems that the last nerfs to mages affect our strategy quite a bit.

we had a few different problems, maybe some of you can help here

We where planing to just keep the small adds cc't but as ring of frost only affects 10 Targets now this is not possible anymore, or is it? So it seems cc about 8 targets, nuke them , get hunter to soak the sparks and repeat is the way to go?

we have 2 tank specced dk's who should take care of the big adds, which seems to work out quite good, however the first shield-adds which are spawning before the bosses spawn nearly all the time the 2 dk's gets focused by them and not the 2 main tanks , is there a way to get the shield-mobs target the boss tanks? (i try stand behind the dk at the wall but the shield-mob still targets the dk's.

we only had around 10-15 pulls but in most cases we got destroyed by small adds as the cc didn't worked out or by shieldmobs dying in the middle of the room messing up the whole raid positioning.

any tips would be very appreciated
samsara

Re: [25H] Will of Emperor

Postby Kishandra » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

1.) Each guild has their method of killing rages. Mines, for instance, has every single dps (melee included) running out and killing each wave of rages as soon as they spawn, without cc. This is the most brute force and easy to execute method. Give this a shot and change/optimize it if you run up against the enrage. But yes, they fixed chain ring of frosts.

2.) You want the courages to fixate the strength tanks. They have far more freedom of movement to kite, and popping a courage spark doesn't have any chance of buffing the opposite emperor with the 50% attack speed. If, for whatever reason, you guys still want them to fixate on the boss tanks, just have your dks spec back into frost and dps in blood presence. There's no reason for actual tanks on them, it's not as if they get hit.
Kishandra

Re: [25H] Will of Emperor

Postby samsara » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:56 am

thanks for the help, we had a little break over the holidays but got the kill quite easy after everyone understood it a bit

we killed the first 2 spawns like you mentioned "Brute"-Force , the first 4 sparks where triggered by me, the 2nd 4 by a shadow.

after that we had a druid root a complete spawn (followed by an ring of frost and i think a shaman totem to add get 20sec root + 5 sec ring + 5 sec totem -> next spawn to bomb 8 adds at once) and did always nuke away all adds on every other spawn.
but this far in the fight i didn't saw that much as i was tanking on the oposite side of the room :)

we also had 4 tanks on the fight, at least 2 tanks and 2 ppl specced tank to handle the strength and to be the favored target for the shieldmobs so they can kite them a bit better :)

here a vid from the kill (not from my pov as tank pov is a bit boring )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KiaYlR4yxw
samsara

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)