Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 pm

I officially want the NY Jets removed from the NFL... NOW you bench Sanchez, seriously?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I officially want the NY Jets removed from the NFL... NOW you bench Sanchez, seriously?

The McElroy Era begins!

Ryan deserves to be sacked, and Sanchez to be released...

Ryan Lindey and Mark Sanchez combined for a 14.9 passer rating...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Ravens lose for the first time at home in almost 2 years to a Steelers team with an almost 40 year old third string QB.

I cannot breathe for I am laughing too hard right now.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Teranoid wrote:Ravens lose for the first time at home in almost 2 years to a Steelers team with an almost 40 year old third string QB.

I cannot breathe for I am laughing too hard right now.

And then the Smeagles vs the Cowgirls

It should be full of lulz
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Russell Wilson likes doing game-winning drives so much he decided to do two of them today. One for 97 yards, and one for a mere 80. Hasn't thrown an interception in over a month. What an amazing rookie.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:41 am

I actually enjoyed watching Seahawks @ Bears (didn't get in it till late 3rd quarter) - what a pair of game winning TD's (one to get the overtime - preemptively and one to win in OT). Never followed Seahawks or Bears much, but for a rookie QB Wilson sure is looking good (ran for 78 yards himself?). Just don't let him go the way of the Sanchez.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 am

My Weekend impressions:

This part is a little biased, a little crazy. Let me be happy. Don't piss on my parade.
Let's start in the College Game where I'm pleased to announce the MAC Comference has arrived. That's right. Fear the MAC. Fear NIU. The Conference Title Game Friday Night was a Double OT Thriller that was FREAKING AWESOME to watch. And then Sunday, we finally made it to a BCS game. Even with Kirk herbshitting all over the fanbase of the schools of the MAC, we are happy. it's not "my" team (BGSU) in the BCS game, but the MAC Showed up, beat people in the face, took names, and stole Kirk's beloved BCS cookie. If they don't want to give us respect, we'll take it. Do you know the only conference to end up with more Bowl Eligible teams than the MAC?

Anyone?

Anyone guess?

If you said the SEC, you are correct. That's it. NO other conference in the country produced more bowl eligible teams. 2 years ago, in teh Super Bowl, when they looked at it by conference, which two conferences had the most players in the Super Bowl?

Anyone?

no?

The Sec, and the MAC. We may be a bunch of "Directional" State Schools, but we have talent, we can play, and we're going to be hard to ignore. Sort of in that Boise State way. We'll never be National Title Contenders (except in NCAA Football, where my beloved BGSU Falcons are my team of choice), But we play good football.

One last #MACtion (the conference even TM'd the term MACtion) point. Dri Archer. Remember the name. He is going to be an NFL player someday, with a chance at being something like a Hester / Sproles type player. He's crazy to watch play. If you get to watch the Kent State Bowl game this year, (Godaddy.com bowl, 1/6/13 8pm) You'd be smart to tune in, and see a kid who is just insanely fast, and pretty dynamic)

That's the end of my college football fun. I don't talk much about the MAC, because we get pooped on a lot, but man... it was a great weekend.

ON TO THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browns - Raiders: So uh.. How about that Palmer trade eh? Man... Felt good (and surprising) to win. Not sure how it happened, but I'm feeling better about wheelchair at QB.

I'm beginning to think this short QB in Seattle might be onto something.
BUt then I watched Andrew Luck make Matthew Stafford Cry on the last play of the game.
And AP run all over the Cheese, and Still lose?
And the Texans and the Ponies are going to play for the AFC Title
Who knew the Chiefs could do it? The team is awful, and such a terrible tragedy on Saturday... I wouldn't have blamed them, and wouldn't have made fun of them, had they just not shown up or gone through the motions. What a great way to pull together.
I wonder if Harbaugh is still pounding on Colin's Shoulderpads after those terrible play calls lost them the game?
Will Welker get a deserving deal after the season he's having?
Did anyone watch the Cardinal / Jets game and NOT Fall asleep at some point?
Who knew the bolts would be this bad? This is bad even by Norv standards
Charlie Batch... The ageless wonder? WTH happened there?
Even with the Eagles losing, I think they have found something in Foles and Brown. Not enough to save Reid's job, but there is a good core of young players there.
Just when you think that Jax is going to be competitive....

A WILD BUFFALO APPEARS!
Shoju

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am

Realized that if the Chin and his brother swapped gigs, I could totally root for the 9ers, but NOT with the Chin there.. nope, can't do it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am

halabar wrote:Realized that if the Chin and his brother swapped gigs, I could totally root for the 9ers, but NOT with the Chin there.. nope, can't do it.

They are basically the same person though.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Realized that if the Chin and his brother swapped gigs, I could totally root for the 9ers, but NOT with the Chin there.. nope, can't do it.

They are basically the same person though.

I haven't seen the Chin's brother act in that same in-your-face manner though, and I also have a beef with the Chin from his Standford days... so...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

David Stern has officially lost his mind.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 am

Jabari wrote:David Stern has officially lost his mind.

You talking bout the spurs or did he do something else now?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Jabari wrote:David Stern has officially lost his mind.

You talking bout the spurs or did he do something else now?

The Spurs thing.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Koatanga » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 pm

A couple of reasons I don't think Russell Wilson will flame out in the NFL:

He's been battling his entire career to play QB at just shy of 5'11", and at every step had people telling him he was too short. He's used to playing at his height, and has been successful at it.

He was drafted into Major League Baseball, but didn't make the big league. So unlike a lot of QBs who have been winning as long as they can remember and never deal with losing until they hit the NFL, Wilson has already had to deal with professional failure. I think he'll have no problem transitioning to the NFL. He's been there and done that.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General