Remove Advertisements

Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Not saying the Windrider is exceptional, just stating what it has and that it's one of the few I have experience with. That being said, the damage increase from Flock combos well with the Mini-Thor's DoT and Grenade.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 pm

New Raid Pets:

2/3 from MC
3/3 from BWL (soloed Razorgore too, though it took a few tries)
0/2 from AQ40 (couldn't solo Viscidius with my hunter)
1/3 from Naxx(10)

Not too bad. Hopefully a mage friend is going to help me with the last guy in AQ40.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Jabari » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am

So I finally went and did some more PvE pet battles. Started with the last Cata guy (in Uldum) and went thru Grand Master Aki. Only 1 loss, which was nice - all the Panda guys have "legendary" pets.

Tried the first of the new "Pandaria Spirit Tamers", got destroyed. Ouch.

My "main" team is now the Fel Flame, Clockwork Gnome, and Oily Slimeling. The Slimeling is great for this group - he has a shorter-duration Wild Magic-type effect (making the Gnome's [Turret] ridiculous) that also has a DoT of its own, plus a strong heal. The only issue is that it takes more damage from the Flame's [Scorched Earth] but it's so strong I can live with that for now.

Notes:
- DoTs and effects from dead pets now tick normally.
- [Turret] doesn't hit flying/burrowed stuff anymore. Hopefully that means that the [Poison Spit] weirdness is fixed, and possibly the [Reflect]/flying one as well, though I haven't tried those.
- I got a [Perfect Critter Stone] - upgrades a Critter pet from anything to rare. Did quite a few "wild" battles and only got one, so those seem pretty rare.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Jabari wrote:New Raid Pets:

2/3 from MC
3/3 from BWL (soloed Razorgore too, though it took a few tries)
0/2 from AQ40 (couldn't solo Viscidius with my hunter)
1/3 from Naxx(10)

Not too bad. Hopefully a mage friend is going to help me with the last guy in AQ40.

Similar to my numbers:

2/3 MC
2/3 BWL
2/3 AQ40
1/3 Naxx (25)

Drop rates seem pretty good from my experiences and from what I have heard from others.

I'm not sure about hunters but as a Ret paladin I easily soloed Viscidius. I imagine hunters should have an easier time.

I just bought a Brunnhildar Harpoon for the frost damage (hunter can use the bow). They are sold by Warsmith Sigfinna in Storm Peaks. I have also heard you can use Frost Oil but with only a 10% proc chance it sounds like it would take a lot longer.

I was wearing haste heavy Ret gear and using haste food and elixir. I froze him using the Harpoon then switched to a 1.6 one hander and popped Kafa Press and had no trouble shattering him, I think I had a lot of time to spare so the Kafa Press might not be necessary.

Hunters should have it a lot easier when it comes to shattering thanks to Zoo. Stampede, Dire beast, crows and your normal pet should be more than enough to shatter in time.
Gab

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

Viscidus
Viscidus now remains frozen for 30 seconds (was 15), and it takes 30 hits to shatter Viscidus (was 50).
The Twin Emperors
The recast time for Heal Brother has been increased to 3 seconds (was 2).
C'thun
Players now have 5 minutes to escape C'thun's stomach and resume the battle before it resets.
Al'ar
Al'ar and Ember of Al'ar are no longer immune to fire damage.
Reliquary of Souls
Spirit Shock now has a 15 second recast time (was 0 seconds).
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

Is the Darkmoon rabbit any good? Bidding on one for a low price, but considering just flipping it on another server.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

0/3 MC
0/3 BWL
3/3 AQ
1/3 Naxx
Invisusira

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Flex wrote:C'thun
Players now have 5 minutes to escape C'thun's stomach and resume the battle before it resets.

That's.... more time than the entire fight takes to complete...

Then again, I never had an issue with the fight resetting, just getting eaten then one shot because nobody was outside the stomach.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 am

So how do you solo Razorgore anyway. Clean up the shit after every mind control, or ignore adds completely and just focus on eggs?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 am

Worldie wrote:So how do you solo Razorgore anyway. Clean up the shit after every mind control, or ignore adds completely and just focus on eggs?

Ack, sorry - I put this into the 5.1 thread instead of here.

Also, I was able to do Razorgore - it took a few tries to figure it out, but was pretty easy once I did, even with my non-healing petless hunter:
- Kill the 3 guys next to the Orb, quick.
- Use Orb, start killing eggs at the back of the room (furthest from orb). Get anything near you, then get all of them that are up on the back platform, come down the other side, and go side-to-side across the room, back to front.
- The first Orb will run out after 90 seconds - Razorgore still should be near the back of the room - kill everything hitting you and when Razorgore gets toward the front of the room use the Orb again. He may still have a few guys beating on him but that's ok.
- This time, start with the 2 eggs up on the Orb's platform, and then kill the rest of them - you should be done with all of them with both of you at reasonable health still.

The trick is to really spam the "destory egg" button - it only has a 1 second cooldown and you need to kill eggs and move really quick. The hunter has an advantage that he can pick off a few guys beating on Razorgore in between "controls", but Razorgore had so much health at the end (1/3) when I did it right it really shouldn't matter.
Jabari

Postby Fenris » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I hate the darkmoon daily battle

I really,really hate it...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Jabari » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Fenris wrote:I hate the darkmoon daily battle

I really,really hate it...

Why? It's not particularly hard.

(Plus I can take whichever "alt of the day" there and pick up the WHEEEE bonus too *laugh*)

Now, I haven't gotten anything good from the rewards yet, true. Not a (good) reason to hate it though.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I finally levelled some of my pets to 20, and my Crawdad got "Wish" (50% heal on following turn, 5 round cooldown). Went into a PvP battle, then won without changing my pet at all. Crawdad just kept going, and going, and going...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Decided to knock out some Pet Battle achievements this weekend.

* Finished up the Cataclysm and Pandaria tamers. Still have the spirit tamers to do.
* Caught a bunch of the new world rares.
* Power leveled a bunch of higher level rares to have more balance of level 25 pets (the fix to not split XP at max level pets is great). I still need to do an aquatic with actual aquatic attacks still, my turtle only has one and it is weaker than the other slot attack since it prevents swapping.
* Got 400 Pet Battle achievement points to get the tentacle. That pet looks very tanky. Shield, HoT and Thorns all usable at the same time.

I really dig the combo of Dark Whelpling and Panderan Monk. Call Darkness blinds everyone, swap in the monk with an attack that stuns blinded targets and then follow up with an attack that deals double damage to stunned targets.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Maat » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:45 pm

If you want a strong pet to, give the Anubisath Idol a spin. Reflect + Sandstorm + humanoid passive is like having a pocket protadin! Takes longer and can't really use it against beasts or other tank/heal pets, but it really softens the RNG. I use it to duo (solo sometimes) 75% of the Pandaria trainers for that sweet lowbie XP.
Maat

PreviousNext

Return to General