Remove Advertisements

World of Tanks

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

World of Tanks

Postby bldavis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:03 pm

World of Tanks (WoT) is a tank sim/arcade game where you play..what else? TANKS!

You can play tanks from the early 30's til the mid to late 50's from most major powers (currently Germany, USSR, USA, France, and Britain, China coming soon)

with a variety of tank types ranging from heavy armored brawlers to the fast and agile scouts, to teh long range heavy hitters of SPGs (self -propelled guns aka arty) there is a role for everyone

the game is F2P, fully PvP, and a hell of a lot of fun.

ever have a dream of being in the famous Tigers and Panzers of WWII German armor fame?
some of the famous american tanks like the Sherman - well now you can

yes i know this sounds like an advert, but not meant as one other than an endorsement of a game i have loved since i played in the closed beta
for someone like me who is a HUGE history buff, this game is awesome! the tanks are replicated with IRL armor, crew layout, and configurations.
there are tanks that were built in the THOUSANDS to tanks that never made it to the prototype stage, all re-created in game with just minor tweaks for game balance reasons.

this thread is mostly for WoT questions, comments, gripes, cheers, and basically anything WoT related (so we can keep it out of the other threads)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: World of Tanks

Postby Arkesh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:12 pm

I've played this a few times when I've been bored of everything else and it is great fun to just hop in and blow stuff up. It's been a while since I last played, I believe the US tanks had just been added. Definitely worth a try if you want to play something unlike most other online games.
Arkesh

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:18 pm

oh wow, i believe that was clear back in open beta that they added US tanks

they have added french and british tanks now, and will be adding Chinese soon

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Arkesh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:29 pm

I'll have to make time to try out the British tanks, only two more weeks of Uni until it breaks up for Xmas, hopefully will get back into it for a while. I really enjoyed the tank destroyers, lining up a shot and then seeing the enemy tank fall to pieces with one hit was great fun. Loved the medium tanks aswell, think I got upto my panzer VI something or another, the mobility combined with the firepower was quite a force to be reckoned with if you caught someone off guard.
Arkesh

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm

i am mostly arty and TD
i love seeing half a tanks hp be gone in a single hit, and subsequently being cussed out by said tank :twisted:

bldavis

Postby Mannstein » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 am

Hey... just found this...
Being playing for a few months now... nothing much 30minuts tops...

Focused on German tree... (OFC) but a little fed up with the german play style...
So i have
Heavy : Tiger (but i'm switching for the IS-2 chinese)
Medium : Panther
TD: Stug
Arty: Have a Wespe but i'm looking to get a english one when they are out.
Light: I'm trying to get a french one

But my favorite is the jagpanther... that shiat is goood... not OP but very challenging...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 am

what playstyle are you enjoying the most? (might be able to help point you to another awesome tank line of that branch)

btw, please do not base your opinions of arty on the wespe...at least get to the grille with the upgraded gun
that is where arty changes from OH GOD OH GOD IM ON THE FRONT LINE DONT KILL ME to being able to stay back and support, and do some decent damage

bldavis

Postby Mannstein » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 am

bldavis wrote:what playstyle are you enjoying the most? (might be able to help point you to another awesome tank line of that branch)

btw, please do not base your opinions of arty on the wespe...at least get to the grille with the upgraded gun
that is where arty changes from OH GOD OH GOD IM ON THE FRONT LINE DONT KILL ME to being able to stay back and support, and do some decent damage

Hello,
My thoughts on trees:
Tank destroyer - My favorite tree and mine favorites vehicles- Jagdpanther and Stug. They are totally diferent beasts and way of fighting... jagd is a sniper, and Stug can be played very agressive.
Arty - I just want a new experience, so i was thinking on the English... i don't know if they are comming next patch or the other...
Light - I had a PzIIIa and changed for a Covenanter... but i'm now trying the french one... AMX40 is very weird and AMC (tier 5) is even worst since i only have the stock one.. dunno if i should try the tier 6, have you tried any?
Medium - I have the Panther... despite the fact that it's nice... every fight i do well i can't help the felling that if i were on the Jagdpanther it would be very much better...
Heavy - Tiger here... I like it, but is a sniper and the issue is i think i miss a brawler... all my tanks are snipers...

I can do 6wins a day, so i'm thinking on gooing to try to get the new IS-2 chinese... i was thinking on dropping the Tiger, but now i think i'll drop the Panther...
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 am

TD and arty are my favorite types

as for light tank, i always like the leopard, fast, decent gun for its tier (4 i believe) and all around a nice scouting tank
if you want a brawler..i would say go with the higher tier russian, or possibly the chinese tanks

the US heavys are good too, but you have to get through the Lee to get to them, and the T1 and M6 both are a PITA until you get them upgraded

bldavis

Postby Mannstein » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am

bldavis wrote:TD and arty are my favorite types

as for light tank, i always like the leopard, fast, decent gun for its tier (4 i believe) and all around a nice scouting tank
if you want a brawler..i would say go with the higher tier russian, or possibly the chinese tanks

the US heavys are good too, but you have to get through the Lee to get to them, and the T1 and M6 both are a PITA until you get them upgraded

What TD are you using and what is your favorite?
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

currently i have a few
german - stugIII
US - M8A1 and M10 Wolverine
USSR - SU-85B

my personal favorite is the stug, along with its little brother the hetzer, but i always had the long 7.5 gun on hte hetzer, not the 10.5 derp gun, i prefer to stay back and snipe if i can

M8A1 is fun, nice mobile tank with a decent gun, M10 is much larger and harder to hide, so i play it more like a medium tank and go in support of our heavies, and SU-85B is mostly a mid range snipe/support

bldavis

Postby Mannstein » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:14 am

bldavis wrote:currently i have a few
german - stugIII
US - M8A1 and M10 Wolverine
USSR - SU-85B

I don't like the JagdIV... it's a good TD... but since you have the same gun as the StugIII and you get worst MM, you feel weaker...

Jagdpanther has 60% of the hp of a same Tier heavy tank, and the same armour that the hetzer (i think) but it's surprisingly bouncy (2times spartan already) and has a very nasty 105mm... (for me it's one of the best weapons for the tier)
The only issue i have is that i get greedy, and this TD can't get hit. It's very hard to caught a heavy Tier 8 on the open and shave 70% of his HP in 3shots(15seconds) and not try to hang more 6seconds to kill it... :S
My best fight are 2shot, relocate, 2shots relocate... but sometimes i get greedy...

I also like the Tiger I... it's not the beast it was in reality but it's very fun to play since you have a 88 that can penetrate tier8's...

I hate Wolverines... i realy hate them... they are OP :P
In honesty the only tank i think should be nerfed is the premium Tipe-59 the chinese one... it's very fast, very well armoured and even if the weapon isn't that good you can do turns around other tanks...

I think the tanks are balanced... well, there are some that suck hard... but there isn't a "The enemy has one/two/three "insertankname", we already lost".
Mannstein

Return to Other Games