Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 am

Got our first and second Garalon kill back to back. Our first kill he enraged and killed everyone but our prot pally but boss only had like 200k hp so pally finished him. However, since he was in the middle of a crush when he died we got valor points but there was no body/loot and he re-spawned. We then followed that up with a much cleaner kill.

What really tipped the scales for us was having tanks in the kiting rotation so our raid could stay closer to eachother making aoe healing more effective.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 am

Astronomic wrote:Got our first and second Garalon kill back to back. Our first kill he enraged and killed everyone but our prot pally but boss only had like 200k hp so pally finished him. However, since he was in the middle of a crush when he died we got valor points but there was no body/loot and he re-spawned. We then followed that up with a much cleaner kill.

What really tipped the scales for us was having tanks in the kiting rotation so our raid could stay closer to eachother making aoe healing more effective.


Did you allow the boss to gain stacks of his buff by not having 2 people soak the AoE?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:24 am

No, you just hafta keep 1 tank close to the boss and 1 kind of at the edge of his frontal cone so they both still soak it but don't accidently pass pheromones.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ylhw1 ... 423&e=7850 Kill 1

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ylhw1 ... 039&e=8440 Kill 2
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 am

Astronomic wrote:No, you just hafta keep 1 tank close to the boss and 1 kind of at the edge of his frontal cone so they both still soak it but don't accidently pass pheromones.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ylhw1 ... 423&e=7850 Kill 1

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ylhw1 ... 039&e=8440 Kill 2


Sounds like a plan, also frees up the dps (two tanks, two healers on pheromone duty) to kill the boss.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 pm

You can also use a hunter in place of a healer if healing is a bit too much. Hunter just focuses on the boss full time.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:33 pm

i know it is a bit late, but PK got our first Stone Guardians kill last night in our second raid on MoP, and got Feng to 30% in 6 attemps
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Astronomic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Fenrìr wrote:You can also use a hunter in place of a healer if healing is a bit too much. Hunter just focuses on the boss full time.


Ya we never used healers for kiting, used a huntard and a fire mage with the tanks.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
User avatar
Astronomic
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Arathor

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Amshel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Did [Is Another Man's Treasure] for Relic Hunter title in a day (only needed 15 more!). Even though I had been constantly checking on spawn points since ever n ever.
User avatar
Amshel
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah I hit a streak of like 7 in a row.. now I'm at 10 and I've got alts logged out at like 9 different spawn points ><
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Killed the first one of the new rares on my Spriest, got the troll guy, got one of the PVP trinks, commendation, and Brawler's invite. Was I lucky, or are that all dropping a load of stuff now?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

I don't know about all the new ones, but I killed the monk on the border of VotFW and JF yesterday. Looted a bag of trade goods and some mail gloves.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 am

Strange success, but had a random dungeon group for Scholomance and I was the lowest dps... With still a respectable 60k dps I got beaten big time by 2 dps doing close to 100k dps in Scholomance. We actually flew trough there, that was just awsome ^^ And that on a sunday...
Andurin
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:54 am

1st day of cloudserpent rep on alt DK with commendation: startq's, 1 set of dailies (not profession ones) and 2 onyx eggs got me ~21k rep, meaning 6k into reverred. Exalted will only take a couple of days like this.
/like
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 am

halabar wrote:Killed the first one of the new rares on my Spriest, got the troll guy, got one of the PVP trinks, commendation, and Brawler's invite. Was I lucky, or are that all dropping a load of stuff now?



You got lucky. The commedation drops every time you kill one and the others have a chance. I think the Invite is a 2.5% chance. Personally it took me 29 kills to get the invite.

So...I hate you. =p
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 am

Weekend of leveling my monk and pets. Holy shit, monk level fast. I chain-tanked dungeons and went from 41 to 55 in threee hours time over the WE. The spec's a bit overwhelming to begin with, until you realize it plays like a Cataclysm Assa rogue.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fetzie and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Fetzie and 1 guest
?php } else { ?