Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 pm

ok i know this isnt THAT big of a deal, but just soloed the trash of BWD, before the first 2 bosses
i didnt think i could do the charging dragonoids, but 3 trys later, down they went (just had to get better with cd timing and making sure iw as healed up before each charge)

as i get more gear i want to see about soloing a few bosses
have my eyes on the bot council, chim and atramedes to start

i think i am really turning into Shoju....it must have something to do with being the blood dk tank for lurkers :roll:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 am

Or the fact that being a blood DK makes you fucking superman when it comes to soloing old content.

Hell its the entire reason I levelled one.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 am

bldavis wrote:ok i know this isnt THAT big of a deal, but just soloed the trash of BWD, before the first 2 bosses
i didnt think i could do the charging dragonoids, but 3 trys later, down they went (just had to get better with cd timing and making sure iw as healed up before each charge)

as i get more gear i want to see about soloing a few bosses
have my eyes on the bot council, chim and atramedes to start

i think i am really turning into Shoju....it must have something to do with being the blood dk tank for lurkers :roll:



Teranoid wrote:Or the fact that being a blood DK makes you fucking superman when it comes to soloing old content.

Hell its the entire reason I levelled one.


I have to say, I'm very pleased to see my young apprentice taking such glee in soloing. There is truth in the Superman comment. People thought I was crazy in guild for how much time (and gold) I dedicated to soloing. There were some weeks, where I would only hit the stuff that I knew I could make gold on (MC, Kara, ICC, etc..) and there were other weeks, where I had devoted my entire time to harder challenges (Vezax, Koralon, Rotface, Hour of Twilight, etc...)

Soloing is addicting. Soloing content that very few people have ever done (because, even I will admit, I was not as good as raegwynn and mionelol) was a rush. The first time I downed Koralon, was a refreshing feeling. It was the most expansive undertaking I had ever gone through to down a boss. Custom Gear Set (including specific enchants), Custom Spec, Specific Elixirs, Food, POts, I bet I dropped almost 5k into killing Koralon by the time I had it down (Repairs, enchants, head enchant, mats for food + elixirs), and that only pushed my desire to do harder stuff even further.

My only regret is that I didn't get video of the few kills that I'm truly proud of.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 am

i was being a bit sarcastic with the turning into shoju comment, but as i am getting more and more comfortable playing blood, i am starting to eye the bosses and figure out what mechanics i can ignore, what ones might bug out (chaining magmaw down solo could be interesting, might need help on that one)

i cant wait to use hte new feature of no more raid groups needed to just jump in old content and see what i can kill :D
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

bldavis wrote:i was being a bit sarcastic with the turning into shoju comment, but as i am getting more and more comfortable playing blood, i am starting to eye the bosses and figure out what mechanics i can ignore, what ones might bug out (chaining magmaw down solo could be interesting, might need help on that one)

i cant wait to use hte new feature of no more raid groups needed to just jump in old content and see what i can kill :D


You may be sarcastic now, but just wait. Time, Gear, Practice, You will be JUST LIKE ME logging in, already right outside your next stomping ground, ready to smash face on some big bad monster, dying, rezzing, and realizing what you have to change, and going at it some more.

Honestly, this was my big interest in Brawler's Guild. Something that is solo PVE and challenging. My interest in Soloing wasn't about the fat gold, though it was a really nice "windfall" on some of the harder stuff, once you learn how to get it down. The Challenge, the Mog Gear, that's what drove me.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 am

Shoju wrote:
bldavis wrote:i was being a bit sarcastic with the turning into shoju comment, but as i am getting more and more comfortable playing blood, i am starting to eye the bosses and figure out what mechanics i can ignore, what ones might bug out (chaining magmaw down solo could be interesting, might need help on that one)

i cant wait to use hte new feature of no more raid groups needed to just jump in old content and see what i can kill :D


You may be sarcastic now, but just wait. Time, Gear, Practice, You will be JUST LIKE ME logging in, already right outside your next stomping ground, ready to smash face on some big bad monster, dying, rezzing, and realizing what you have to change, and going at it some more.


It's true. Back towards the end of cata I found myself getting bored trying to solo stuff for fun and the challenge.

This is making me want to do it again... and now that pallies have more adaptability (and CC!) and self heals... I just might!
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Got my sha-touched gem! Now I just need a sha-touched weapon... :(
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6832
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:27 pm

What, you tell me that sigils of wisdom haven't been removed from the game?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13373
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Think I got 4 of them just this reset from 5 LFR bosses. ;)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6832
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I hate you, still only 5.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13373
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:51 pm

i have 2...
oc i have ran LFR only 3 times...
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby culhag » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 pm

I finally found Vyragosa alive. Only one more left for Frostbitten !
User avatar
culhag
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am
Location: France

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

culhag wrote:I finally found Vyragosa alive. Only one more left for Frostbitten !


That must be a nightmare with CRZ.

CRZ is also the very reason why I'm busting my ass to find all the treasures because once they enable it.. hahaha good luck with that.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby benebarba » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Elegon: Deaded.


It took us a few solid hours of attempts tonight, and only 3 of us were alive when he went down... but we did it!
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:33 am

grats
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11106
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest