Remove Advertisements

Nethermancer Sepethrea(Heroic)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nethermancer Sepethrea(Heroic)

Postby Vash » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:53 am

Hi there,I guess I'll get straight to the point,is there some sort of special strategy for the nethermancer?Ive tried tanking her before but it just turned into a horrible horrible mess with elementals all over the place and people dying and me getting disoriented,any tips?
Vash

Postby Zeels » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Tips:

-Fire aura
-Judge crusader from more threat
-Equip threat gear if you need to
-Save taunt for when you loose aggro, some use taunt if the elemental
is chasing the healer, I don't to be able to get her back if I loose her.
- Have a druid or priest as healer helps (hots)
- Stay out of fire
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Dianora » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:40 pm

Zeels wrote:Tips:

-Fire aura
-Judge crusader from more threat
-Equip threat gear if you need to
-Save taunt for when you loose aggro, some use taunt if the elemental
is chasing the healer, I don't to be able to get her back if I loose her.
- Have a druid or priest as healer helps (hots)
- Stay out of fire

One thing I do when tanking her is not to stop for too long. I stop when the elementals are doing their hellfire, and the group is out of the way.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Kelemvor » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:20 am

After your initial jor and then jotc, start using seal of vengeance. When she knocks you away, seal of vengeance ticks will likely bring her to you. And also while saving taunts for the knockbacks, try to save your avengers shield too.
Kelemvor

Postby guillex » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:59 am

Make sure you and the group pull the elementals to one side, so that when they start Hellfire, you can run back to the other side where it's clear, and just have them run towards you.

Pretty easy once you get it down.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Evangelina » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 pm

i didn't suceed either. I've been looking for videos and I found one where the guy is tanking the boss at her initial position while the adds are moving in the room, he's not bothered by them and he stays at the same place. The video is old so maybe the boss has changed. Is it still possible ?
Today I tried to stay near the wall and move back constantly but the adds are going everywhere :\
Naxxramas
Evangelina

Postby Ezharon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Evangelina wrote:i didn't suceed either. I've been looking for videos and I found one where the guy is tanking the boss at her initial position while the adds are moving in the room, he's not bothered by them and he stays at the same place. The video is old so maybe the boss has changed. Is it still possible ?
Today I tried to stay near the wall and move back constantly but the adds are going everywhere :\

I don't think this is still possible. Maybe.

As said use SoV and taunt if needed. Don't move if you don't have an elemental close to you. Tell your dps that they need to dps the boss each time elementals stop and aoe. And of course each time they can too.

If they move well and know what to do the fight is pretty easy though.
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Exodius » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:38 am

Fire resist gear, not just fire aura, can help in this fight too. Though she still melees and sometimes casts frostbolt I think, the vast bulk of the damage is in fire. Her disorientate spell is a fire one and can be resisted which makes things easier, from what I believe is going on.

Also, though it's hard, try and be in range of the healer. It's more important for you to focus on the boss, the healer to focus on you, and the dps to focus on the healer in terms of positioning though. If you are all on seperate sides and needing a heal then someone will likely die.

Also don't walk through the fire trails left by the elementals if you can, and certainly don't stand in them. I know that sounds obvious, but it might be overlooked. :?

Ranged taunt and BoP do help to make this fight easier though, as well as our inbuilt fire aura. When she stuns you and runs across the room to kill someone else, a ranged taunt back makes things easier. It's inbuilt for us, which is a good thing. :D
Exodius

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:16 am

Just make sure everyone knows how to run away from elementals and to NOT get hit by the fire nova they do when they stop moving.
That's pretty much the whole fight. As mentioned, be ready with your BoP/taunt if she drops off of you.
Invisusira

Postby Erutaron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 am

I've tanked her the last 2 nights, it really isn't that hard if you DPS are not retarded. The normal group I bring is a Frost Mage, Aff. Lock, Sword Rogue, Holy Priest, myself. None of us have stepped foot into Karazhan, so realisticly we are all undergeared, but I want my the Sun Eater and we all want rep.

This is probably the most mobile fight I have tanked thusfar. I never stop moving, I am constantly moving with here unless I have lots of room away from the elementals.

The biggest thing I find is that ppl stand still too long and get caught in a corner by the elementals, which leaves us with DPS short. You really need to have all 3 DPS standing for a good potion of the fight, or else you are going to end up with 2 elementals on one person.

Either way, 2 full runs of heroic mech, no sun-eater, but I did pick up some ret legs, that I will probably never use, lol. 2 more badges to get my Libram though, so I can start saving for the other Badge goodies. :-D
Erutaron

Postby Aevie » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 pm

I mark myself with a skull so I'm easy for my other party members to find -- this way, if I get knocked back far away from Sepethrea's new target, they're running towards me already to get within taunt range.

Other than that, you just need to be constantly on the move :)

<3
Aevie
Aevie

Postby gworroll » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:16 am

If you have a shaman or pally, double up on fire resist. These will not stack, but the group is likely to get spread out quite a bit during this fight. Having the two 30 yard radius areas covered will significantly reduce the chances that someone will be caught unprotected, and I've found it to work better than the standard practice of avoiding a doubleup.

Priests and druids are ideal healers, they have good group heal and heal on the move capabilities. Shaman are pretty good as well. Paladins can work, but our weaknesses as healers are exactly matched with the healing challenges of this fight- you cannot stay in one place and just spam heals here, and you cannot avoid the entire group taking damage.
gworroll

Postby mazater » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am

Wiping here, isn't imo the tankers fault (You will lose aggro when she stuns you)but more likely your healers.

I never tanked this one in heroics, but healed more than I want to.

I never throw greater heals in this match (except NS instant), just lesser heal spam(And I keep Earth shield on the DPS who keeps taking fire damage at the time).

At first this was a pain in the ass becouse the flames always followed me, but then I realized that throwing out my belowed Fire Elemental just makes this fight trivial, for it is immune to all fire damage, and the other elementals might target him(not to mention that it makes some nice damage).

If the boss doesn't seem to die, due to our lack of DPS, we skip that boss, kill the last one and try again, becouse we can reset the encounter if the tank, or all DPS'ers die(by running to the last boss' chamber).
mazater

Postby Makaijin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:45 am

One thing I hate about this fight with my tankadin is because RD can taunt up to 3 mobs, whenever I have to use it I always end up with 2 elementals chasing me, so the whole affair always ends up me kite tanking and never ever stopping. Thank god that our main threat is reactive (Holy shield) so building threat isn't as demanding as a warrior fighting the GCD while moving at the same time. I like my click-tanking while staying mobile using my keyboard to keep walking backwards.
Makaijin

Don't blame the healer

Postby Psalm » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:50 am

As an aspiring paladin tank, but currently a holy healbot, please don't jump on the healer as the cause of a wipe. I over gear this instance (~1800 healing, ~125mp5 while casting) and the biggest piece of advice I can give to any tank doing this instance is (assuming you're geared properly, which if you can get past the sentinels, you are) is to stop running so much.

Frequently tanks (not just tankadins) tend to run a lot during this encounter, which is almost entirely unnecessary. If you look at your combat log you'll see the elemental hitting you for about 400 dmg max. This is easily healed through, the only time a tank needs to move is when they are standing inside the radius of a stationary elemental that is pulsing, which does about 1k damage a second (unmitigated). That is obviously difficult to heal through and as a tank you should move.

With tanks that are constantly running I find it difficult to get within range to heal, especially if I have an elemental or two on me as well. I actually had never had this problem until the last 2 times I have run mech on my paladin (I raid in a BT/Hyjal guild on my warlock, and have done enough Mech to be exalted 2 times over on 2 different characters now). These two occasions are what prompted me to reply to this post as I have been lurking, and gleaning useful information as I make my transition to paladin tank. In short, whispering the tanks on each occasion (one paladin, one warrior) and asking them to stand still more resulted in a perfectly clean kill, well not perfectly clean, the DPS were still running around like chickens with their head's cut off.

Also the dragon's breath can be dispelled which should help with her running off and killing clothies, however since you guys like running with resto druids as healers so much you just have to hope he can HoT that lock/mage through her melee hits =)
Psalm

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics