Remove Advertisements

[10H] Elegon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Elegon

Postby timoseewho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 am

Hello, anyone have some solid advice on this sparkly fellow? Is 2-healing the way to go? Do you just have your tanks soak the explosion from adds in P1? Should we be aiming for at least 5-6 stacks per P2? Or anything else you want to add!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Elegon

Postby Kishandra » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am

25H knowledge, but mostly translatable to 10H:

Tanks can soak the explosion in phase 1 - but only once each due to their big cooldown timers. We substitute in monks, shadow priests, and warlocks to make sure we have a full rotation available.

We 4-healed 25, 2 healing should be viable. Either way, enrage isn't that much of an issue - our very first kill was over 30 seconds ahead of berserk.

We also nailed 7 & 6 waves for first and second waves, but I'm sure it's doable with 6 & 5 or even 5 & 5. Make sure everyone is dpsing the adds, especially monks for the last wave for touch of death.

---

Obvious advice like try to time the celestial protectors exploding by dragging them across the threshold precisely at 25% - the fewer arcane aoe ticks that happen inside the ring, the less melee have to reset. I believe I reset once as a melee (this was when the charges didn't hit the inner ring).

The cosmic sparks do a crapton of damage, try to kite them and not dps while elegon is taking his sweet time putting the platform back up, then when it is, tanks run to middle and adds should get ae'd down before they reach the tanks again.

Again, obvious, but try to kill the 6 pylons at the same time. The more precise it is the fewer cosmic sparks you have to deal with.

It -is- possible to reset your stacks without taking too much damage in the final phase. Recommended for tanks and particularly squishy dps. The movement is likely too much for your healers.

Any nonhealing druids you have should spec heart of the wild for final phase and pop a tranq under the effect. My feral tranq does 4 mil healing. Pretty significant even in 25m.

This is mostly a numbers fight, and most of us considered it the easiest heroic outside of stone guards and possibly feng. Good luck!
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am

This is really helpful stuff! One thing, about the adds in P1, so is there no point to reset the debuff stacks once the adds are brought out (besides the people assigned to killing it outside)? And actually, what dictates the sparks spawning in P3? Is it actually better to kill them faster or slower but at the same time? I always thought to just kill them as fast as possible regardless of at the same time.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Kishandra » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

There's only 3 things that can do damage to you as a non-tank in phase 1:

Add has random ability: hits 2 (4 in heroic?) people with a debuff that reduces healing done with base damage of around 150-200k.
Add pulses arcane damage every second while it's under 20 or 25%.
Add explosion.

Obviously, drag the add outside while it's exploding to avoid the last.

If you're good, you can drag the add outside at the cusp of the 20/25% transition and have all its arcane pulses be from outside. You're counting on dots and tank damage to actually kill the thing while it's outside of the ring.

With these in mind, if you, as a melee dps, have ways to survive the first random ability (or can run enough cooldowns for the duration that the add is alive inside the ring), you don't need to reset if the add is promptly dragged across the smoke bomb line when it starts to pulse.

Ranged should probably still be standing at max ring range to reset their debuff via jumping, but this way melee can cooldown through add #2 in the first phase 1, and only reset once on add #2 in the second phase 1, keeping their uptime on the boss pretty high.

As for phase 3, the cosmic spark spawn rate is dictated by how fast Elegon casts his lightning puddle attack. Each pylon you kill increases Elegon's damage and cast speed by 20%. So the worst thing you could do is kill the pylons one by one and give him a ramped up cast time, but if you kill the pylons all at once he spends 90% of the phase with 0 stacks and only squeezes like 3 adds out before you finish off everything, then he poops out 6 or 7 more before he realizes he's in phase 1 again.
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Wow I didn't know that about P3, thanks a ton.
timoseewho

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 am

How do you guys handle the sparks exactly. We only put in like 15 tries, but the few times we got to that phase the tank was getting destroyed as we got in. What AoE ccs, slows work on them on heroic? I know our mage said ring of frost didnt work.
Hespherus

Postby Hespherus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am

No one? Our DK said his mass grip didnt work, even though im almost sure i read it somewhere. What CCs do you guys found work the best for the adds. Its the only part that we still need to do better. Dps is not an issue.
Hespherus

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Hespherus wrote:No one? Our DK said his mass grip didnt work, even though im almost sure i read it somewhere. What CCs do you guys found work the best for the adds. Its the only part that we still need to do better. Dps is not an issue.

With a DK, you can use Army of the Dead to handle one phase's adds. You'd probably want to do that on the second set. For the first set, maybe use big AOE slows and kite the adds.

And, of course, always try to kill the 6 pillars at the same time, to reduce the amount of adds Elegon summons.

edit: Ursol's Vortex could be very effective on the phase 3 adds.
Last edited by Belloc on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Kitmajere » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 pm

They're rootable and stunnable, so we gather them up, give a short countdown (for everyone to get clear), and root them. Ranged burst them down (melee help if the OT does have real threat on them, which is not always the case).
Kitmajere

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am

For annihilation soaking, does the soaker actually have to get hit or do immunities such as bubble/block qualify?
Rhiannon

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am

Immunities used to work, but I think they changed that.
Belloc

Postby Kai » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 pm

yep, doesn't work any more. need to use actual dmg reduction CDs, spriests, rogues, feral druids, tanks etc.
Kai

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks - don't suppose anyone knows if above immunities (or blink, or human racial) can at least be used to get rid of the stun/dot that you get after being hit by annihilation? ie hpala using divine protection to take the 500k (300k) annihilation hit and then bubbling off the stun/dot?
Rhiannon

Postby PsiVen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 pm

You should only need to push one Annihilation on a non-tank (2 adds in the first phase, 3 in the second) so it shouldn't be too rough to time healing with it. Having one of the two healers soak seems like a pretty bad idea even if bubble does work (I don't think it does, but I haven't tried).

We found the adds die more than fast enough if dragged out right at 25% with DoTs, spells in flight, and tank damage still killing in a few seconds. No need for anyone to run out and finish it off unless we pulled it out too early.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Vayacondios » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Rhiannon wrote:Thanks - don't suppose anyone knows if above immunities (or blink, or human racial) can at least be used to get rid of the stun/dot that you get after being hit by annihilation? ie hpala using divine protection to take the 500k (300k) annihilation hit and then bubbling off the stun/dot?

Hard bubble, ice block, etc. Doesn't work. You take damage right through it if you pop before the damage and it just does nothing if you try to use it for the stun/damage after the main burst.

When I tank this I have a macro:

Code: Select all
/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Devotion Aura
/cast Divine Protection
/use Healthstone

Soon as the cast starts I use any HP I have for a WoG, refresh SS, and use that macro. ALWAYS puts me to max HP and 9 times out of 10 it makes it so I don't take the stun since I don't drop below 80%. Maxing out your HP as much as you can helps too.
Vayacondios

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)