Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:12 am

benebarba wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:One of our campuses hosts two AT&T backbones on its property that feed internet to the south side of the city -- cue construction on that property and using an auger right on top of where one of them is and the other had its fiber yanked -- hilarity and millions of dollars in damage ensue.

someone forgot to put up enough call before you dig signs or figured the supervisor called ? :P

So Klaud, you're the reason we were missing a raider... sheesh....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am

benebarba wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:One of our campuses hosts two AT&T backbones on its property that feed internet to the south side of the city -- cue construction on that property and using an auger right on top of where one of them is and the other had its fiber yanked -- hilarity and millions of dollars in damage ensue.

someone forgot to put up enough call before you dig signs or figured the supervisor called ? :P

Actually, the contractor did call 811 to have everything tagged -- and no one tagged the location of the AT&T backbones...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 am

Had to explain a lady that "ill be watching you" is not a romantic song
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 am

Klaudandus wrote:Had to explain a lady that "ill be watching you" is not a romantic song

YAY STALKER SONG! :shock: :?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 am

Daily Blink is like my morning coffee: the only thing to save me from mankind's idiocy.

When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

While working a bit on leveling my mage tonight, ran across what I hope was a bot ret pally doing 3k in a panderia random. It died twice, and I finally managed to get it booted before the last boss. The bot did need on a loot roll, but that might have been automated. If that was an actual player... yikes.

halabar

Postby Era » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 am

halabar wrote:While working a bit on leveling my mage tonight, ran across what I hope was a bot ret pally doing 3k in a panderia random. It died twice, and I finally managed to get it booted before the last boss. The bot did need on a loot roll, but that might have been automated. If that was an actual player... yikes.

Could've been a kid. There's surprisingly many kids playing, and I'm not talking 14-15 year olds here. In my aunts guild there's a guy who's been playing since he was 9 years old (think he's like 12 now). Doesn't understand English much and is completely useless at the game, but still able to hit buttons and change targets, you know.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby sahiel » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 am

We actually had an 8 year old apply to our guild with the ingame tool, very well written (well, for an 8 year old) and pretty adorable request. We actually seriously considered it since she was so funny & nice, but given how... R rated our guild chat is we said no. Though we actually explained why to her and recommend some good more family orientated guilds who we also let know she might apply to. We did ask her to make sure her parents told her 'how to be safe online' as well since she seemed so trusting and friendly it was faintly worrying what might have happened had she applied to a guild of douches =/
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 am

Yeah, sucks having to reject nice people. I wouldn't have let an 8 year old join my guild either, because as you say the chat can get rough, particularly in serious raiding environments. Sort of reminds you of the military, really! :roll: But you kind of get this "protective" feeling, like you know that bar their foul mouths the guild is a good honest bunch, and that the internet can be a horrible place and you feel like, maybe, just maybe, your guild would be a better place regardless... :P
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 am

Yeah, I don't want to be yelled at by some guys mum becausehe repeated something he heard in TeamSpeak or read in guild chat, so not taking anybody in that isn't at least 16, preferably 18.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 am

Wasn't WoW supposed to be only 12+? <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 am

Worldie wrote:Wasn't WoW supposed to be only 12+? <.<

Since when have age rating stickers had any effect on who plays what games at which age? :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 am

Age rating stickers are subject to parental override anyway ;-)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 am

Just like speed limits!
Era

Postby halabar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:12 am

Well, I've seen a more than a few kids in game, and the one I ran across likely wasn't a kid. A kid spamming crusader strike would have done more damage than this bot? did.

I've been in a few guilds with kids, including my main guild now. Have generally had good experiences with them. Only had one that was a whiney needy bugger, rest have been fine decent players.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General