Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:53 am

Klaudandus wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:I love being so moody, I'm such a joy to be around this time of year :roll:

Seasonal Affective Disorder?

the thought has crossed my mind.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

I know I suffer from it... mine is somewhat mild, in part because Texas has no real winters, but my mood is all over the place... normally switching from down in the dumps to wanting to punch people on the face
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 am

Klaudandus wrote:I know I suffer from it... mine is somewhat mild, in part because Texas has no real winters, but my mood is all over the place... normally switching from down in the dumps to wanting to punch people on the face

That's the sign you need a new job... IT burnout. I've felt it before.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 am

After the successes of Tuesday night, ran 3 LFRs last night and they were painful, and long, and not even a freeking sigil...

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 am

I love my job, I hate some of the people I have to deal with though.

most of the experiences thru the day are nice, a bunch of people appreciate me -- but normally a bad experience or two can tip the scale in the other direction, normally because people are stupid.

like getting a workorder about setting the email on an ipad, so i show up and it turns out that the teacher's ipad is discharged and has the cable at home -- seriously, why the fuck waste my time like that?

or a workorder for a printer that doesnt print -- turns out the teacher knocked it off a shelf and is now scattered all over the place like if it was a shattered triforce...
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:or a workorder for a printer that doesnt print -- turns out the teacher knocked it off a shelf and is now scattered all over the place like if it was a shattered triforce...

lol...

Mine go way back.. working in the computer lab. Greatest frustration was a old lady who occasionally would come in a wheelchair and REFUSED to take notes on what to do, so EACH TIME I had to load the software for her, open a file, save a file, and print it for her. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Felt like asking her if she got someone to wipe her ass for her as well.

Best frustrations were adventures in the mishandling of floppy disks. I have seen every possible misuse of them know to mankind.

halabar

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:or a workorder for a printer that doesnt print -- turns out the teacher knocked it off a shelf and is now scattered all over the place like if it was a shattered triforce...

lol...

Mine go way back.. working in the computer lab. Greatest frustration was a old lady who occasionally would come in a wheelchair and REFUSED to take notes on what to do, so EACH TIME I had to load the software for her, open a file, save a file, and print it for her. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Felt like asking her if she got someone to wipe her ass for her as well.

Best frustrations were adventures in the mishandling of floppy disks. I have seen every possible misuse of them know to mankind.

You mean you're not supposed to do this with them?

Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:17 am

I've seen...

3.5 disk stuck in 5.25 drive.
5.25 disk folded and stuck in 3.5 drive.
the "hard plastic wrapper" removed and the "floppy disc" inserted into the drive (both 3.5 and 5.25)
5.25 disc folded to keep in the back pocket.
5.25 discs that were kept on a refrigerator with magnets so they weren't lost.
discs repeatedly jammed in the drive the wrong direction and upside down.
3.5 discs inserted into a Zip drive.
Various sign of animal and human teethmarks on the discs.
Discs that went through the laundry (likely after they were folded and put in the back pocket..)
and others...

and always the "what do you mean my files are gone... you just don't want to help".

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 am

I saw someone use their carpentry tools to cut an expansion card yo make it fit
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Quite a while back, I had a tech from our IT group pull out a CPU upgrade card to reset it WHILE THE SYTEM WAS BOOTED... (old Mac IIci that had a PowerPC upgrade card).

halabar

Postby twinkfist » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

alayire wrote:
halabar wrote:
twinkfist wrote:the problem was that we were just banging our heads on elegon.

we kept getting to three protectors before 85% and we needed to have just 2 up. 6 dps. so it's me, warrior, rogue, shadow priest, lock and mage. me, shadow priest, mage and lock for the most part do solid dps...the warrior and rogue...especially the rogue...not so much. the monk that we had would have been better than the warrior so that probably could have helped us a good bit...but he stopped raiding.

Yeah, in my case, someone would always fail at their spark, or their tower, and we'd never get 4 and 4. Our fill-in this week was good and pushed us through that. But don't know what will happen next week. If we fail again, the finger-pointing will start, and the push to replace people with begin. That's when I leave.
We finally downed Elegon last night, after about 60 or so pulls total. This is the second time we got into 3'rd phase, to be honest the first we knew we had no chance we only wanted to see how the healing was(it looked brutal, but now i think it was just because the healers had to move and couldn't heal that much).
on the kill we had a frost DK pulling 55k dps but she did die at the start of 3'rd phase possibly losing the bloodlust and 2 more dps pulling under 70k. I'm an offspec shaddow priest and I was second on DPS pulling 98k dps and I have no words to describe how much bullshit that is on a fight where you have a 50% damage increase buff.

to be honest, the fight felt nerfed a bit, I'm actually hopping it's because the DPS improved( I and 2 other dps'ers improved by about 10-20k dps). What helped allot was setting goals and wiping immediately after failing them, adjusting if necesary (we played allot with how many and who should be on the adds) like spark kills, smoth-fast transition to Phase 1 again, ads.

Even so do not despair: remember that now you can upgrade gear. Considering you are on Elegon most of you (especially mele) will have blue(heroic dungeon) gear that can be upgraded by 1.5k Justice points(that are not capped and you don't waste like VP). Even 1 upgrade like a weapon upgrade for the mele dps will help by TONS, consider upgrading trinkets and weapons first these should have the biggest impact on DPS or Mana regen for healers.

just found our that our raid leader is not dead, so now we are waiting to find out if we have to start with other people or if he was just taking a break.

i actually only have two 463 items...so i upgraded my belt. holding off upgrading my lfr sword for the moment. if we are not doing anything anymore...i may or may not upgrade it. just need to see what we are doing.

heck, i may just go fury warrior full-time if we stop raiding. execute is fun.
twinkfist

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Klaudandus wrote:wanting to punch people on the face

Seriously, I am the same way.

But usually, I want to punch people in the face all the time. Whether at home or at work or on the fucking roads.

My roommate finds it hilarious that I will have fits at idiots in other cars when I'm the passenger.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Amirya wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:wanting to punch people on the face

Seriously, I am the same way.

But usually, I want to punch people in the face all the time. Whether at home or at work or on the fucking roads.

My roommate finds it hilarious that I will have fits at idiots in other cars when I'm the passenger.

We should tag together, and punch people in the face... FOR JUSTICE!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Screw justice, I'd do it for the therapeutic effects!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Amirya wrote:Screw justice, I'd do it for the therapeutic effects!

but you...you are such a sweet kind person!
:roll:

sure have your coworkers fooled dont you? :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General