Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 am

So that'd be... around 15% on your side? between 1/8 and just below 1/5.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Jabari » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am

Nooska wrote:Alreayd I've had a greater return on herbs than on motes (remembering that the other herbs are not useless)

Remember that it'll have to be 20% just to match Songbell output on those...

I guess I'd consider other herbs harvested useless - there are so many nodes around that it's very little time to go pick as many flowers of whatever type that you need. Also remember that you can do other things with Spirit of Harmony besides turning them into Lotuses - LW leg enchants are still going for plenty on my server, for example...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, Spirit sof harmony are more alround useful, but if you are going for something specific (and know it) then you will generally get more from being specific.

@Sag, yeah, so far I've gotten an about 12.5-18.75% return of Golden Lotus - averaged.
This is on a herber - I don't have any idea if that actually is a factor (I seem to get a lot more pure Ghost Iron on my non-miners and more trillium and kyparite on my miners for instance, but teh threshold for meaningful data is no where in sight)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Jabari wrote:
Nooska wrote:Alreayd I've had a greater return on herbs than on motes (remembering that the other herbs are not useless)

Remember that it'll have to be 20% just to match Songbell output on those...

I guess I'd consider other herbs harvested useless - there are so many nodes around that it's very little time to go pick as many flowers of whatever type that you need. Also remember that you can do other things with Spirit of Harmony besides turning them into Lotuses - LW leg enchants are still going for plenty on my server, for example...

unless they changed something (which if they did, fuck it i am leveling ALL my toons! NOW!) spirits are BOP
so that works if you happen to be a LW/Tailor, but if you are an herb/alch or herb/scribe that doesnt help as much
mostly for herb/alch, as you can still make staves and such as a scribe

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby twinkfist » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 pm

looks like guild raid group ate itself again.

oh well...back to lfr only.
twinkfist

Postby beornus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Cogglamp left the game and that is bad enough, but even worse is he didn't send me his gold and goods! It also means my guild is unlikely to be raiding anytime soon, gonna start looking for another guild on the server that is in a similar boat to see if we can forge a team together I guess. Did the whole raid with a different guild/server in Cata until the team (core of which are IRL friends of 30+ years) burned out but at the end of the day I want my main to be with the guild I have been with for years, full of good people even if they don't raid.

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm

twinkfist wrote:looks like guild raid group ate itself again.

oh well...back to lfr only.

Ouch. Do we need to form another MTankadin guild?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Going to be 33 VP short once I finish capping this week from getting my VP shoulders (the dodge/exp ones) and pushing my haste rating up by nearly 3k. >,<
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

the problem was that we were just banging our heads on elegon.

we kept getting to three protectors before 85% and we needed to have just 2 up. 6 dps. so it's me, warrior, rogue, shadow priest, lock and mage. me, shadow priest, mage and lock for the most part do solid dps...the warrior and rogue...especially the rogue...not so much. the monk that we had would have been better than the warrior so that probably could have helped us a good bit...but he stopped raiding.

the group that we had in cata would have had more than enough dps for this boss...but that group ate itself after we killed rag...they pugged last night and got to spirit kings i believe.

my biggest issue is deciding if i'm going to upgrade my lfr sword because i don't think we'll get the group back and normal sword won't happen...and the other option is lfr axe..which if it's anything like the word..i'll see that in a couple months.

balls.
twinkfist

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 pm

twinkfist wrote:the problem was that we were just banging our heads on elegon.

we kept getting to three protectors before 85% and we needed to have just 2 up. 6 dps. so it's me, warrior, rogue, shadow priest, lock and mage. me, shadow priest, mage and lock for the most part do solid dps...the warrior and rogue...especially the rogue...not so much. the monk that we had would have been better than the warrior so that probably could have helped us a good bit...but he stopped raiding.

Yeah, in my case, someone would always fail at their spark, or their tower, and we'd never get 4 and 4. Our fill-in this week was good and pushed us through that. But don't know what will happen next week. If we fail again, the finger-pointing will start, and the push to replace people with begin. That's when I leave.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 am

Pally tank swearing up and down I was not a tank on HoF LFR 1 - tolerable, especially when he gets his face wrecked on Imperial Vizier. /taunt, /point, /laugh.
Same tank keeps taunting everything, even on Blade Lord to the point I actually only taunted when I needed to grab my stack of the debuff - annoying, but at least I can chat with my wife.
VERY SAME tank swearing up and down he should be kiting Garalon (which does work, but) then runs around the edge WAAAAAAAAAAAY outside the Swipe, and screaming for me to move the 40y to him and grab his Pheromones.

At least I learned Garalon's Fury cannot go above 5 stacks, and Pheromones, not above 20 in LFR.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby alayire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:40 am

halabar wrote:
twinkfist wrote:the problem was that we were just banging our heads on elegon.

Yeah, in my case, someone would always fail at their spark, or their tower, and we'd never get 4 and 4. Our fill-in this week was good and pushed us through that. But don't know what will happen next week. If we fail again, the finger-pointing will start, and the push to replace people with begin. That's when I leave.
We finally downed Elegon last night, after about 60 or so pulls total. This is the second time we got into 3'rd phase, to be honest the first we knew we had no chance we only wanted to see how the healing was(it looked brutal, but now i think it was just because the healers had to move and couldn't heal that much).
on the kill we had a frost DK pulling 55k dps but she did die at the start of 3'rd phase possibly losing the bloodlust and 2 more dps pulling under 70k. I'm an offspec shaddow priest and I was second on DPS pulling 98k dps and I have no words to describe how much bullshit that is on a fight where you have a 50% damage increase buff.

to be honest, the fight felt nerfed a bit, I'm actually hopping it's because the DPS improved( I and 2 other dps'ers improved by about 10-20k dps). What helped allot was setting goals and wiping immediately after failing them, adjusting if necesary (we played allot with how many and who should be on the adds) like spark kills, smoth-fast transition to Phase 1 again, ads.

Even so do not despair: remember that now you can upgrade gear. Considering you are on Elegon most of you (especially mele) will have blue(heroic dungeon) gear that can be upgraded by 1.5k Justice points(that are not capped and you don't waste like VP). Even 1 upgrade like a weapon upgrade for the mele dps will help by TONS, consider upgrading trinkets and weapons first these should have the biggest impact on DPS or Mana regen for healers.
alayire

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 am

I love being so moody, I'm such a joy to be around this time of year :roll:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 am

JoeBravo wrote:I love being so moody, I'm such a joy to be around this time of year :roll:

Seasonal Affective Disorder?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:07 am

There's a gang of ~15 alliance running around the new dailies hub just killing people for fun, meaning it's pretty much impossible to get the quests done. I don't mind world PvP but when we are 1-3 horde max it's not exactly fair. I'm never gonna get exalted with this shitty faction am I?

And it's been going on all day long, I can't just out-wait it.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General