Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:46 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:
Hitting a flagged player or a guard has flagged you since forever, I know that -- but I cant remember an instance of getting flagged from a range attack from an npc.

I have occasionally been flagged for PvP through cata/mop while farming archeology and running too close to horde guards.

Yeah, been there too -- these were cannons with long range attacks (and a long aggro radius) that are flagging people

it's just patch day weirdness

I don't know that I ever quite understood why guards hitting you (as opposed to being in a specific area, hitting them or other npcs, etc.) flagged you.

also glad my fury warrior no longer gets disarmed by the stupid birds at the farm. It was really annoying to not be able to do anything for like the first 10 seconds they were in melee range. Strangely: never had that happen on my pally.
benebarba

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 am

Darielle wrote:
Gluth? That one is tricky. Soloable, for some, not for others.
4 Horseman? Again, doable, but hard.

Gluth is hilariously easy to solo now that 10-man and 25-man work off the ID system, so anyone having trouble can switch to 10-man and burn him in the time he'll take to eat 2 Zombies.

4-Horsemen also isn't hard, since you can pretty much kill 1 by the time melee horsemen run to you, and the "not in range of the ranged ones" does like 4k. 4-Horsemen plus the Achievement solo on the other hand, that's a very interesting dynamic.

Funship cannot be soloed. THe only way to do the fight is to damage the enemy Ship by getting into a Cannon, but getting into a Cannon when solo ends the fight.

The Ball on ZOn'ozz I wound up doing solo on 10-H as a Cat at the end of lvl 85 during the 35% nerf once, so it's probably doable on Normal without having to try very hard with cooldowns given how much health pools have increased.

From what I remember, Naj'entus was the only one touched in BT.

I've not played since 30% in Cata, so I'm not sure values on stuff at 90, except that health pools seem to have doubled from DS, and DPS went up about 10-15k.
Shoju

Postby Fenris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 am

I stand by what i said in the first post

Doing dailies with just autoattack,judgment and CS because everyone and their grandmothers are jumping around you in pvp trying to have you flagged is FUNFUNFUN

Not.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Passionario » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 am

Spirit of Harmony can now be converted into 2 Golden Lotuses (down from 3).
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 am

Fenris wrote:I stand by what i said in the first post

Doing dailies with just autoattack,judgment and CS because everyone and their grandmothers are jumping around you in pvp trying to have you flagged is FUNFUNFUN

Only time I was flagged yesterday was when I attacked guards, even with flagged players in my junk.

All the raid pets drop from soloable bosses. In Naxx no pets drop from Death Knight wing for instance and you haven't had to clear all the wings to unlock Sindragosa/Lich Guy in a long time.

Still not certain how people will solo the first boss in BWL as I had to use Lay on Hands on him to have him not die.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am

Passionario wrote:Spirit of Harmony can now be converted into 2 Golden Lotuses (down from 3).

Blington's quest seems to be account based now or something.

Fishing tournament is back. STV only as Northrend rewards were folded into the STV one. 3 winners per contest. New times based on a Blizzard universal time.
Last edited by Flex on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am

Fenris wrote:I stand by what i said in the first post

Not.

Yeah... maybe it's my noob showing, but why couldn't you have the city-style PVP zones we have now, but actual PVP (i.e. PC vs PC) cannot be initiated unless both parties are flagged (I suppose healers may be an issue here - since healing or damaging a flagged player flags you now IIRC) ? Similarly, why do you remain flagged after leaving a battleground via the queue system? Are these just holdovers from when world PVP actually was commonplace and the queue system didn't exist?
benebarba

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:56 am

benebarba wrote:Yeah... maybe it's my noob showing, but why couldn't you have the city-style PVP zones we have now, but actual PVP (i.e. PC vs PC) cannot be initiated unless both parties are flagged

Pretty sure that's how it works between players. If you aren't flagged you can do as much AoE as you want around flagged hostile players and not get flagged. The issue is NPC guards that are PvP flagged don't care about that.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 pm

Flex wrote:All the raid pets drop from soloable bosses. In Naxx no pets drop from Death Knight wing for instance and you haven't had to clear all the wings to unlock Sindragosa/Lich Guy in a long time.

Still not certain how people will solo the first boss in BWL as I had to use Lay on Hands on him to have him not die.

Ugh, I couldn't figure out Viscidius (AQ40 slime guy) on my hunter yesterday - it was the only one I couldn't do. Any tips? (Got him to 1 HP and he stayed there - hunter has no frost damage that I can see...)

Madaxx (sp) was close too, but that's the first time I'd ever been in Naxx so I was learning as I went. (Died to Patchwerk when I didn't kill all the trash first *laugh*)

Also, I was able to do Razorgore - it took a few tries to figure it out, but was pretty easy once I did, even with my non-healing petless hunter:
- Kill the 3 guys next to the Orb, quick.
- Use Orb, start killing eggs at the back of the room (furthest from orb). Get anything near you, then get all of them that are up on the back platform, come down the other side, and go side-to-side across the room, back to front.
- The first Orb will run out after 90 seconds - Razorgore still should be near the back of the room - kill everything hitting you and when Razorgore gets toward the front of the room use the Orb again. He may still have a few guys beating on him but that's ok.
- This time, start with the 2 eggs up on the Orb's platform, and then kill the rest of them - you should be done with all of them with both of you at reasonable health still.

The trick is to really spam the "destory egg" button - it only has a 1 second cooldown and you need to kill eggs and move really quick. The hunter has an advantage that he can pick off a few guys beating on Razorgore in between "controls", but Razorgore had so much health at the end (1/3) when I did it right it really shouldn't matter.

On the bright side, the drop rate is pretty good. Got 6 of 11 possible on one pass.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Flex wrote:
benebarba wrote:Yeah... maybe it's my noob showing, but why couldn't you have the city-style PVP zones we have now, but actual PVP (i.e. PC vs PC) cannot be initiated unless both parties are flagged

Pretty sure that's how it works between players. If you aren't flagged you can do as much AoE as you want around flagged hostile players and not get flagged. The issue is NPC guards that are PvP flagged don't care about that.

OK... did at some point it *not* work like that? Because I seem to recall back in the MF zones having gotten flagged from damaging (possibly while targeting, so not just an AOE) flagged hostile players. Never got ganked as a result, but do seem to recall getting flagged. Maybe even because of the 'helpers' you got in sethria's roost?

I don't see many marked players on my realm, so I haven't had a chance to see if anything changed.
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

The AoE thing was fixed long ago. Like we're talking probably in the beginning of Wrath if not earlier than that.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm

i remember getting flagged while doing only single target abilities on my kitty while in the roost
i was dam careful to NOT target the flagged horde, yet still got flagged

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Jabari wrote:
Flex wrote:All the raid pets drop from soloable bosses. In Naxx no pets drop from Death Knight wing for instance and you haven't had to clear all the wings to unlock Sindragosa/Lich Guy in a long time.

Ugh, I couldn't figure out Viscidius (AQ40 slime guy) on my hunter yesterday - it was the only one I couldn't do. Any tips? (Got him to 1 HP and he stayed there - hunter has no frost damage that I can see...)

Madaxx (sp) was close too, but that's the first time I'd ever been in Naxx so I was learning as I went. (Died to Patchwerk when I didn't kill all the trash first *laugh*)

Also, I was able to do Razorgore - it took a few tries to figure it out, but was pretty easy once I did, even with my non-healing petless hunter:
- Kill the 3 guys next to the Orb, quick.
- Use Orb, start killing eggs at the back of the room (furthest from orb). Get anything near you, then get all of them that are up on the back platform, come down the other side, and go side-to-side across the room, back to front.
- The first Orb will run out after 90 seconds - Razorgore still should be near the back of the room - kill everything hitting you and when Razorgore gets toward the front of the room use the Orb again. He may still have a few guys beating on him but that's ok.
- This time, start with the 2 eggs up on the Orb's platform, and then kill the rest of them - you should be done with all of them with both of you at reasonable health still.

The trick is to really spam the "destory egg" button - it only has a 1 second cooldown and you need to kill eggs and move really quick. The hunter has an advantage that he can pick off a few guys beating on Razorgore in between "controls", but Razorgore had so much health at the end (1/3) when I did it right it really shouldn't matter.

On the bright side, the drop rate is pretty good. Got 6 of 11 possible on one pass.

This info is accurate as of my last playing the game.

Viscidious is purely frost based. it's all that matters. You have to get him to freeze, and then hit him with frost attacks (number of attacks is important, not damage) For A DK it was a joke. Get him to freeze, weapon swap to the stupid Dalaran Weapons with the fast swing timers (1.7sp), both with Razorice on them, and just HB-HB-HB-HB-FS-FS-FS, use procs, ERW, do it again, use procs, and just keep hacking away.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

The only thing the change did for Viscidus was make it easier for the classes/specs that could solo him in the first place. So if you don't have frost spells it's still just as difficult.

Edit: Jesus christ Razor is a pain in the ass.
Last edited by Teranoid on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby Gab » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 pm

For paladins trying to solo Razorgore, give LH/EF a whirl. You could do it pre patch but now it's even easier.

You cast EF right before clicking the orb then just break eggs until a mob or two aggro razorgore. At this point cancel the orb, cast a heal to grab aggro on everything, kite around for awhile until you can click the orb again, drop a lights hammer near some eggs you need to break (or on top of yourself if the mobs are starting to add up), throw up another EF and re click the orb.

Rinse, repeat, profit etc...
Gab

PreviousNext

Return to General