Remove Advertisements

Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests Here)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H

Postby Schroom » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 am

you could also use the weapons chain for your weapon and the Expertise enchant for your gloves, should be enough to push you to hardcap expertise.
Schroom

Postby Thels » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:50 am

Schroom wrote:you could also use the weapons chain for your weapon and the Expertise enchant for your gloves, should be enough to push you to hardcap expertise.

Actually, in comparison, you gain more secondary stats per point of stamina by switching your gems around, than by swapping glove enchants.

Gem: Going 240 Stamina to 120 Stamina/160 Expertise gives you 160 Expertise per 120 Stamina or 4:3.

Glove enchant: Going 150 Stamina to 170 Expertise gives you 170 Expertise per 150 Stamina or 3.4:3.

Check the following post, and start at the very bottom to see where you want to swap stamina for expertise (or hit, so you can reforge more expertise):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33197
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 am

Was thinking of upgrading the gloves next, wutcha think? (Already maxed the T14 pants)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... dus/simple
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 am

Well, the only pieces you probably won't replace are the relic and the gloves (and the pants). The chest is also possible, although the lower ilvl is goddamn frustrating, and you chould probably aim for the tier chest in the end.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 am

Another piece I dont see replacing any time soon is my neck.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 am

Klaudandus wrote:Another piece I dont see replacing any time soon is my neck.

True. Although it's so low on itemization it's not even worth mentionning :-/
Or maybe shank your plate dpsers?

Sagara

Postby Jadhzia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 am

Hello,

I'm wondering what to buy next with my valor points. As you can see on the armory, I still have some blue pieces (wrist, cloak, trinkets and weapon), but I have my eyes on Dawnblade's Chestguard. After that I would buy the valor trinket.

What do you think? I'm only raiding normal 10 man raids, in which Stamina is probably not as important, so I'm aiming for a mixture of Haste, Mastery and Stamina. My logic is that, with this Hit/Expertise chest piece, I could first modify the dragonling trinket and later replace it with the valor trinket.

Thanks for all advice.
Jadhzia, Protection Paladin, EU-Sargeras
Jadhzia

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 am

Jadhzia wrote:Hello,

I'm wondering what to buy next with my valor points. As you can see on the armory, I still have some blue pieces (wrist, cloak, trinkets and weapon), but I have my eyes on Dawnblade's Chestguard. After that I would buy the valor trinket.

What do you think? I'm only raiding normal 10 man raids, in which Stamina is probably not as important, so I'm aiming for a mixture of Haste, Mastery and Stamina. My logic is that, with this Hit/Expertise chest piece, I could first modify the dragonling trinket and later replace it with the valor trinket.

Thanks for all advice.

That is the reason why i got that piece

Also, not sure how much gold you have but check the ah for the relic of nizuao trinket. I got mine for less than 10k, that way you can use that one instead of buying the vp one... And get the stam trinket from heroics... Cant remember its name but its on my armory
---
Klaudandus

Postby Thels » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am

If you still have blues, the first order of business is probably to upgrade any Terri of your blue pieces with justice points.

That makes me wonder how fast one can earn those. I still have three slots with blues, so I need to farm 500 points.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby samsara » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am

Thels wrote:
Schroom wrote:you could also use the weapons chain for your weapon and the Expertise enchant for your gloves, should be enough to push you to hardcap expertise.

Actually, in comparison, you gain more secondary stats per point of stamina by switching your gems around, than by swapping glove enchants.

Gem: Going 240 Stamina to 120 Stamina/160 Expertise gives you 160 Expertise per 120 Stamina or 4:3.

Glove enchant: Going 150 Stamina to 170 Expertise gives you 170 Expertise per 150 Stamina or 3.4:3.

Check the following post, and start at the very bottom to see where you want to swap stamina for expertise (or hit, so you can reforge more expertise):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33197

Thanks for the hints torwards the right directions, i will def try this tonight.
I don't think swapping away from colos is that good as it is still a quite good mitigation source. The Stam-Stacking was more or less due to not so good communication on tayak where i sometimes died in taking a 2nd debuffing hit with a little overkill, so i pushed my stam a bit and now i can even survive 2 stacks of it allthough we normaly only taking 1 stack :)
samsara

Postby pedal2000 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on when/if I am ready to make the jump from a mastery build to the haste build. I've been doing some reading on Theck's blog and here and it mentions it would make sense to go to a haste build as long as you had the gear/rotation. I can work on the rotation, wondering where I should go in terms of gearing.

Armory Link

My main concerns with going for a haste build are that it will make me more prone to spike damage (I currently have a Monk OT who is very bad for that), and that it will make gearing more difficult as I run with two plate DPS in my team. Progression wise I am just starting into Regular HoF (2/6).

I am just wondering if it is worth going for haste at lower levels of gear, and if so, should I be trying to roll for Haste items, or should I just make do with a traditional tank gear reforged/gemmed/enchanted for haste where possible?
pedal2000

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 am

pedal2000 wrote:Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on when/if I am ready to make the jump from a mastery build to the haste build. I've been doing some reading on Theck's blog and here and it mentions it would make sense to go to a haste build as long as you had the gear/rotation. I can work on the rotation, wondering where I should go in terms of gearing.

Armory Link

My main concerns with going for a haste build are that it will make me more prone to spike damage (I currently have a Monk OT who is very bad for that), and that it will make gearing more difficult as I run with two plate DPS in my team. Progression wise I am just starting into Regular HoF (2/6).

I am just wondering if it is worth going for haste at lower levels of gear, and if so, should I be trying to roll for Haste items, or should I just make do with a traditional tank gear reforged/gemmed/enchanted for haste where possible?

The rotation part is much more important than the gear part. In essence, the point is to not try this without a solid exp/hit basis (which you're almost at). So basically, yeah, go for haste. Don't worry overmuch about spikes - haste will make you learn the "breathing rythm" of bosses (Sha of Fear and Garalon are really nice for that - try and always have a ShotR ready for their Swipes/Trashes)

As far as gearing goes, it depends on the specs you're up with and what you're struggling with. We had trouble with the DPS timers, so I tended to bow out for our dpsers. Warriors and DW DKs tend to hate haste, but Ret pallies and the other DKs should probably take precedence, unless tank survival is a problem

Sagara

Postby pedal2000 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you very much for the reply! I'll be giving it a whirl tonight!
pedal2000

Postby Skyfyr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi all. Looking to get advice and any critique on my gear setup. Currently trying out the Haste setup and was hoping to get a quick look over to see if Im heading in the right direction.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Nulani/advanced

Also need a bit of advice on possible upgrades. I am planning on getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=93324when I get the valor this week. I think this is my biggest upgrade possible at the moment. Also in LFR this week, I got a Helm Token and was wondering if its worth getting the Prot version as my current helm is of higher ilvl. Also got a http://www.wowhead.com/item=86868 and am I correct in assuming I should use those because of the higher ilvl to my current ones?

I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=85983 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=90594 sitting in my bags and was wondering if I made the correct decision to not use them.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from yall. Hope Im not too far off.
Skyfyr

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice