Remove Advertisements

[10N] Will of the Emperors

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Will of the Emperors

Postby Auracle » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Minor update, have switched to 2 healing this now, since our tanks have learned the dance perfectly and rarely make mistakes if ever. If your raid can handle it, I'd strongly reocmmend the 2 heal, as the extra DPS helps your crew clean up adds faster = less complications = higher uptime on bosses.

Just smoother all around for us, and shaved over 2 minutes off our kill.
Auracle

Postby Lumenactio » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Had a 16/16 last night. Our Warrior tank has a fair bit of problems doing the dance, caused a lot of too long attempts. I think his best was 7/16, and that was only doable with priest speed buffs via feathers.

Any of you have warriors that have problems with the dance? I assume it's lacking the innate move speed we have. I can't really watch him while I'm on the other side of the room.
Lumenactio

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 pm

I've done the dance a bunch of times with nothing more than 8% speed on boots. I'm not great at it, but it's definately doable.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Xfighter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 am

Yeah, I've done it on my pally with and without PoJ and resto druid with and with out 8% on boots. When I have the speed bonus, even just the 8%, and dodging them is possible. Without any speed boost, I always found that on some strike combos (mainly stomp then arc right on you) that with no speed boost at all i'd always be 1-2 steps too slow to dodge it even with decent reaction time.

Thus I don't let anyone dance in our raids unless they have the boost enchant or some passive run speed. Might want to see if your warrior cotank has the pandarens step enchant, if not, tell him to grab it and dancing should be more consistent.
Xfighter

Postby superworm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 am

For warriors they can use a glyph which provides 20% speed boost while enraged. And they can get enraged from crit blocks as well as a 30s cd enrage skill, so that should be enough to provide some required speed bonus.
Arc left and right should be easy to dodge without speed boost. Warriors can use heroic leap/intervene to dodge stomp, and charge to help dodge arc center, so I really don't think they will have a harder time than other tanks.
superworm

Postby Schroom » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am

we pulled it just to see what happens. got 2 tanks and 2 healers. we wiped at 5%. the 2nd attempt was an absolute fail because everyone was semi-afk but we killed it on only 3 pulls with a fairly melee heavy setup. a really cheap Boss IMO
Schroom

Postby wawel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 am

We also managed to kill it quite fast, it was like 5-6 pulls I believe. Most of our wipes was caused by rly bad calls: "leave adds and focus boss". There is no rush in this fight, take your time and take care of adds.

To dodge combos is easy mode and i found that Long Arm of the Law talent is perfect for this encounter.
Durning combo cast i focus on getting 5 holy power I will use on SotR just after boss finish his cast and I also pop trinket to avoid big damage. Not sure if there is anything to add as this fight is rly faceroll.

edit: we use 3 healers and we keep meele dps on adds all the time ( ofc if any adds are up ).
wawel

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am

Eh, LAofL is a back lackluster to me, a constant 30% from PoJ is just better as LAotL is really only up, what, 1/2 the time because you're waiting on judgement to be off of cd?

And besides, you don't need to move a whole bunch, maybe 8 yards at best total not counting the stomp.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Brokenone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 am

This fight seems to be bugged as of 5.1. It looks like they lengthened the time between arcs/stomps slightly, but didn't lengthen the dancing debuff. So now it can fall off between strikes without you getting hit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032290

No Blue confirmation yet, but I was experiencing it last night.
Brokenone

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 am

Does anyone have a clue how to do the meta achievement for this? http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6455
Defeat the Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan Vaults on Normal or Heroic difficulty after all members of the raid execute an Opportunistic Strike on the same construct within a single Unbalanced phase.

I've been giving it some thought and can't come up with anything that makes any sense.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Chronos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Havent actually done this but I have three thoughts. One, everyone but OT is on one boss, OT tanking his close by. Everyone dances correctly, OT gets to boss he is not tanking within three seconds without getting instantly magnetic armor pulled back and uses his strike on same target as everyone else. Rocket boots, life grip, MT moving his boss towards OT. Potentially easier if magnetic armor is slow. Having a spammable macro to use specialability1 might help. Two, they are tanked almost on top of each other and everyone avoids only one bosses' moves. Heal aoe damage from boss you are ignoring. Be human or Hope for no stomp RNG. Not sure if stacking dance buff is gained separately for each boss though. Third idea would be the hard way, stacking each boss directly on top each other, hoping for good rng, avoiding everything. Fancy boss angling would probably not work without even more RNG luck.
Chronos

Postby Darielle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Each one should apply a separate debuff. You'd tank 2 on top of (or close to) each other and focus on dodging the attacks from the one to get 5 Growing Opportunity, then just use it on the one boss.

If I recall the experiences of having to tank 2 bosses at once when the other tank failed in LFR correctly.

The other option would be something like having the bosses spaced exactly far enough apart that the bosses don't overlap*, and then the combo ends both tanks move towards each other so the bosses move toward each other.

*Something like this

x - max range of Boss X's Arc
y - max range of Boss Y Arc+
underline being left

x----X--y--x--Y----y

If X arcs Left (towards the underline), people can dodge it in the pink between X and y without being in range of Y also arcing Left at the same time. As long as people are in the pink areas, they're out of range of the other boss' Arc and they shouldn't be there if their boss is Arcing that way, it's only people who go into Red who'd be in danger. At the end, the tanks get as close as possible and that way both will be able to hit the same boss when the combo ends.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I know the Growing Opportunity is boss-specific, but I hadn't taken into consideration that the Devastating Arc would likewise be specific.

So I'm thinking just tank them on top of each other, dance with one of them whilst (basically) eating the other, blowing raid CDs etc, and hit the button. The 2nd tank will have to be in range of the 1st tank's boss to get the correct GO buff, so I don't think you'll be able to space it at all.

Deeply silly, but I don't think anything else is really possible given the constraints of the magnetic armor and boss-specific Opportunistic Strikes.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 am

we got to this boss last night for the first time. Our set up is 2 healers and 6 DPS. Our hunter was mentioning he had low DPS uptime on the adds due to what the other DPS could put out and the relative lack of burst Survival (hunters in general?) has. Would keeping him on the boss full time be advisable?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Assuming the rages are dying as quickly as you are suggesting, I'd suggest allowing the hunter to ignore rages. Keep him on Strengths and Courages, though. Priority, in that case, would be Courage > Strength > Bosses.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)