Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:33 am

Skye1013 wrote:Are we talking younger teachers or ones that have been around awhile?

Obviously, there is no excuse for either, but I can kind of understand it from a newer teacher, as they probably don't realize a whiteboard is used for more than just the background to their projector.

It's not just the new teachers, but some teachers that have 10 years at least in the district...

And this happens in all grades and subjects -- Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle and High School.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 am

ANd it's not only in the schools.
We got robbed last week, and a coach came to me all flustered "but I've got a meeting with a client, and the projector's stolen! What do I do?"
"Print paper copies? Printer's not stolen AFAIK."

Seriously. In business school, our English teacher had printed and placed over her desk:

"If you come here with a problem,
And haven't at least 3 potential solutions for it,
You're part of the problem."
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 am

Sagara wrote:"Print paper copies? Printer's not stolen AFAIK."

Yeah, like I said, I have to bite my tongue, but I've been very close to telling these teachers off, specially because my mom was a teacher for 30 years and not once depended on a laptop or a projector to teach algebra and trigonometry in middle school -- heck, she would not even let kids use calculators to do trigonometry, she would have them use the trigonometric tables, down to the minutes and seconds.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 am

Sagara wrote:Lor'themar is finally getting his eyepatch with his new story in 5.1. Is Blizz really serious about making him DO something?

About time, it only took what... 5 years?
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Sagara wrote:"Print paper copies? Printer's not stolen AFAIK."

Yeah, like I said, I have to bite my tongue, but I've been very close to telling these teachers off, specially because my mom was a teacher for 30 years and not once depended on a laptop or a projector to teach algebra and trigonometry in middle school -- heck, she would not even let kids use calculators to do trigonometry, she would have them use the trigonometric tables, down to the minutes and seconds.

when i was first learning them in college, we were taught them using the tables for a week or so, just to appreciate our calculators more

god that is a pain in the ass

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 am

some girls have no self respect
and some bfs are assholes

after you watch it, please do not spoil the ending, it is rather funny and everyone deserves to see it
oh and the audio is a bit low, make sure you use headphones and have it cranked up a little :D

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 am

Klaudandus wrote:

YEP, CSCOPE is a piece of shit, I know that as I do have the requirements to be a teacher in texas, just decided it wasn't worth it and stuck in the IT Dept instead.

The kind of teachers some school have don't help either -- I get math teachers crying that they cannot teach algebra if their laptop or ceiling overhead projector is not working...

What I see there, especially from the teachers noteS/ questions, is a teaching about being sceptical of what the media and/or government simply states, and looking at history a bit more objectively.

To be absolutely objective, the Boston Tea Party was an acto of terrorism under manyy of teh definitions used today. It was an act aimed at a government via teh citizens, and it was an act aimed at causing fear and/or of a rebellious nature.

A modern example thats easily skewed is the Israel/Palestine question - are Hamas terrorist or freedom fighters? it can be either, dependant on the view and justifications used. Is Israel a "rogue nation" that uses state terrorism against the palestinians, or a justified defender - well again it can be either depending on what view point you take.

This is what I see this being supposed to teach - now how the specific teacher / school teaches it is a nother matter entirely.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am

Nooska wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

YEP, CSCOPE is a piece of shit, I know that as I do have the requirements to be a teacher in texas, just decided it wasn't worth it and stuck in the IT Dept instead.

The kind of teachers some school have don't help either -- I get math teachers crying that they cannot teach algebra if their laptop or ceiling overhead projector is not working...

What I see there, especially from the teachers noteS/ questions, is a teaching about being sceptical of what the media and/or government simply states, and looking at history a bit more objectively.

To be absolutely objective, the Boston Tea Party was an acto of terrorism under manyy of teh definitions used today. It was an act aimed at a government via teh citizens, and it was an act aimed at causing fear and/or of a rebellious nature.

A modern example thats easily skewed is the Israel/Palestine question - are Hamas terrorist or freedom fighters? it can be either, dependant on the view and justifications used. Is Israel a "rogue nation" that uses state terrorism against the palestinians, or a justified defender - well again it can be either depending on what view point you take.

This is what I see this being supposed to teach - now how the specific teacher / school teaches it is a nother matter entirely.

All valid points, and willing to give it the benefit of the doubt if this came from a student performance top 10 state, but this is texas we are talking about, which is constantly at the bottom of the pile, normally just better than alabama and west viginia.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm

<- doesn't know anything about reputations of different states in regards to education
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Nooska wrote:<- doesn't know anything about reputations of different states in regards to education

Yeah, forgot n_n'
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 pm

bldavis wrote:some girls have no self respect

What do you expect boyfriends to be when their girl isn't where they're supposed to be? :twisted:
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Fenrìr wrote:
bldavis wrote:some girls have no self respect

What do you expect boyfriends to be when their girl isn't where they're supposed to be? :twisted:

im a bit afraid to ask, but where is that?

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Not in the kitchen. (Thats MY domain!)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby bldavis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Nooska wrote:Not in the kitchen. (Thats MY domain!)

*highfive*
all my gfs love me for that reason
i love to cook :D

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm

GF actually mused today "if we ever split up, I don't know how I would ever get any food", I told her she could always eat oatmeal ;-), she begged off.
Main Characters:

Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General