Remove Advertisements

[10N] Protectors of the Endless

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Protectors of the Endless

Postby Auracle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 pm

We did the elite mode as well, wasn't too terrible.

Started trying the one-tank strat, with the tank holding Kaolan off to the side during P2 and just having Asani in the middle untanked. However, we found the outgoing damage from his waterbolts, combined with all the ticking debuffs from Kaolan, was putting a lot of pressure on our 2 healers.

Interrupting Asani's waterbolts causes him to melee rather hard on his highest aggro target, and he globaled our DK DPS once this way. We basically opted to go back to 2 tanks and keep him almost fully interrupted during P2, which greatly simplified it for us. Since the enrage timer isnt an issue, this proved to be the way forward.

:D
Auracle

Postby Brokenone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 am

When I solo-tanked it (this week and last week), I tanked all 3. Once the first one is dead you just kite in a circle around the middle making a pretty pattern with the little gray void zone things. When the second one is dying/about to die, run to an edge of the room and get ready to go in a giant circle.
Brokenone

Postby Lastwolf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 am

We had two tanks, this was soo easy after having real problems in the latter stages of HoF, convinced solo tanking at the way to go.

But we downed it and I'll have a hard time making the case :P, I doubt we ever will have to one tank, was like a minute and change off enrage anyway.
Lastwolf

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am

I just solo tanked it all. The only thing that hurts is the stacking debuff from void zone guy. Interrupts > Healers on this one. Be good at that and you win.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Lastwolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:01 pm

we did one attempt of solo tanking but the dps complained cause I had them running around alot, any trick to 1 tanking it ?
Lastwolf

Postby Darielle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:07 am

Lastwolf wrote:we did one attempt of solo tanking but the dps complained cause I had them running around alot, any trick to 1 tanking it ?

Don't interrupt for the first two phases if you don't want them moving. They don't move if they're constantly casting.
Darielle

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)