[10N] Blade Lord Tayak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Blade Lord Tayak

Postby Darielle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 pm

The problem is having to look at health bars and tornadoes simultaneously. Sometimes I even have to resort to using rejuvs in the general vicinity of my raid frames, because I cant always afford to look at the bars during that phase.

Given the low damage he starts off with, as long as you have people using stuff like healthstones to be stable, they should be absolutely fine if your healers literally scroll face with hots while moving if "looking at tornadoes" and "looking at health bars" is causing an issue.

It points to an overall problem with how their UI might be set up if seeing incoming tornadoes and healthbars is too much information however.
Darielle

Postby Auracle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

I'd tend to agree with Baelog. We've been 2-healing it since the first week and not really had an issue with that first gauntlet run.

Ensure everyone is topped off ahead of the phase change, fling a couple of quick HoTs out just after you land, and tell every raider to use a damage reduction CD if/when they get low. We normally dont have anyone but the tanks/classes with self heals above 50% life when they reach the end, but this shouldn't be an issue.

I think a key thing to realize here is that your raiders need to be responsible for their own survival far more than your healers for the 20 - 30 secs that it takes them to reach the end. There are so many talents and tricks that everyone can use, you should be ok.

Also, if you're 3-healing, how many stacks of his damage buff is the boss getting before he transitions to phase 2? If it's very high (say 7 - 8 stacks) then it's just that much more damage outgoing on your raid during the gauntlet runs.
Auracle

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 am

Three solid hours on this and I want to stab my eyeballs.

Edit: Got him to like 6% with a minute or so left on the enrage timer. Which isn't too bad given we're using three healers. But it really REALLY falls apart when people are jettisoning to the other end of the tunnel. Ugh.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Three solid hours on this and I want to stab my eyeballs.

Edit: Got him to like 6% with a minute or so left on the enrage timer. Which isn't too bad given we're using three healers. But it really REALLY falls apart when people are jettisoning to the other end of the tunnel. Ugh.

Are you having them run over before he changes sides (at like 12%)? If not, definitely try it. Once you get all but your tank running at the same time, it isn't really a problem. We had issues when we had to run against the wind twice, but skipping the second one made it simple.
Belloc

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

The trouble's getting all the way to 10% in the first place.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Belloc wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Three solid hours on this and I want to stab my eyeballs.

Are you having them run over before he changes sides (at like 12%)? If not, definitely try it. Once you get all but your tank running at the same time, it isn't really a problem. We had issues when we had to run against the wind twice, but skipping the second one made it simple.

Yeah we do that. But we can barely make it to the first 10% wind change with even 5 people alive.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Also, a raider found this while we were in the midst of attempts:

All of my rage.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Yeah we do that. But we can barely make it to the first 10% wind change with even 5 people alive.

Playing that Pandaren voiceover for "Sloooww down" would be viable here.

Most people find issues because they're just panickedly running around and either jump headfirst into a Tornado or they hit hte final stretch and are like "OMG ALMOST THERE" and derp into a new tornado spawn instead of taking a second to stop, make sure there isn't a spawn and then run through.
Darielle

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)