Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Shoju wrote:with no 10m version of LFR, there is absolutely no way I would ever run it again. I understand why they do it (only 25m), but my dislike of 25m raiding is just too great, even at a boiled down "lolmode" like LFR.

And I did some research, and I'm pretty sure that I could be up to ~50-60k gold pretty quick, even if I started with just the few K that I left on my toons.

I really don't see the issue, at least in these raids. There's really not a lot of difference, unless you are the healer perhaps.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

There is a big difference. There are 15 more people running around on my screen than I care to see.

25 mans have always felt like a clusterf*** to me. When I got to that content in TBC, I didn't like it. When I was asked to do that content in WotLK I only went if begged, and I didn't run a single 25m raid in Cata, until the end when I ran 25man TB undermanned with 10-12 people, in a group made up of <Twilights Void>, <Completely Different> and the remnants of <Very Respectful>, and once I went to a Firelands Raid with Theck's group.

You can count me as one of the people who

1.) Likes the intimacy of a 10m raid.
2.) Likes the lesser amount of spell effects in a 10m raid (Not for performance reasons, but because it doesn't feel as jarring)
3.) Would not be sad if 25m went the way of the dodo. Don't get me wrong, I know people like it, and I know people even liked 40 man. It just has absolutely no appeal to me. The best decision that Blizz ever made was putting the sizes on the same lockout, and normalizing the loot. I agree that 25m should have a loot advantage, but I always felt that 2 pieces for 10m was 1 piece too few, as I feel was evidenced in the absolute abomination of shared loot tables in FL and DS, leading to items that were just never seen over 100+ kill samples in 10m.

25m just isn't my thing. I don't like it. Not even a little. Especially not with the super awesome completely anonymous, asshat culture that the LFG and LFR tools cultivated. I would be more apt to run an on server 25m PuG before I ever ran LFR again.
Shoju

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Lei Shi down, just Sha standing, US has such a big headstart :S
Treck

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Shoju wrote:25m just isn't my thing. I don't like it. Not even a little. Especially not with the super awesome completely anonymous, asshat culture that the LFG and LFR tools cultivated. I would be more apt to run an on server 25m PuG before I ever ran LFR again.

The loot change has cut down on the drama a LOT. People aren't even complaining about just getting gold anymore.

And like I said, it depends on the time you do it. I just did three today, and while I wasn't paying terrible attention to raid chat, got through all 3 with no wipes, no real fuss, and 1 upgrade, one good sidegrade, and 1/1 sigils, plus the valor.

Would it be that smooth on a Sunday afternoon? Not a prayer.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:35 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:25m just isn't my thing. I don't like it. Not even a little. Especially not with the super awesome completely anonymous, asshat culture that the LFG and LFR tools cultivated. I would be more apt to run an on server 25m PuG before I ever ran LFR again.

The loot change has cut down on the drama a LOT. People aren't even complaining about just getting gold anymore.

And like I said, it depends on the time you do it. I just did three today, and while I wasn't paying terrible attention to raid chat, got through all 3 with no wipes, no real fuss, and 1 upgrade, one good sidegrade, and 1/1 sigils, plus the valor.

Would it be that smooth on a Sunday afternoon? Not a prayer.

For me it's not that you can easily get through them fast on some nights... it's just that I don't find the fights (as done by the community consensus 'LFR strat', at least) enjoyable and I'd rather do something I *do* enjoy (and possibly get loots) than blast through LFR for the chance at some loots as well as the chance of asshattery.

To make an analogy: ever blast through a low level dungeon to help out a friend and not really feel much in the way of accomplishment, where the only fun really is how fast you can go and how high your damage done can get? That's what I realized I feel like in LFR (on a good run... on bad ones I just hate humanity).
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Treck wrote:Lei Shi down, just Sha standing, US has such a big headstart :S

:lol:
gratz Treckie, GL with Sha

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 pm

thanks to the kindness of guildies, I got myself a shiny new stam trinket. Mmmmm... tasty, tasty stamina.
benebarba

Postby Lastwolf » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 am

I always figured that must be annoying, they (the US) basically gets a day extra every time, makes the achievement that bit more special though, I guess.

Do you guys ever get a feel out to how far they are along ?
Lastwolf

Postby Era » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:32 am

Am rooting for you! Would be awesome to see Method at the top!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Treck » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am

Lastwolf wrote:I always figured that must be annoying, they (the US) basically gets a day extra every time, makes the achievement that bit more special though, I guess.

Do you guys ever get a feel out to how far they are along ?

Its incredibly infuriating, sure wow isnt the biggest esport, and blizzard has rarely shown much interest in it, but I still think they could put a little bit more effort into it.

I think the headstart is about 12-14hours, but to be fair that doesnt mean we are 12-14h behind, since we can see how fast US guilds kill the "easy" bosses, and prepare or figure out what they are doing, gaining us a little bit of time, and downtimes are usually worse in US than EU cause if there is something that is wrong with the server fixing, its usually faster getting fixed on EU side, altho rarely more than an hour.

What is really confusing imo is that Blizzard MANUALLY opens the heroic versions of the raids when they want to, instead of them beeing available when servers come up, meaning they have the technology to open it at the same time for all timezones, or like have an opt in option for people who want to have it earlier (aka fair race).
Since there will obviously be problems with resets and stuff, but that can be fixed if they want to.

But it comes down to how much effort is it worth putting down for the very small minority of people playing the race.
If more people would be interested in the race, maybe they would change things, or if more people who were interested would actually be aware of that fact, things could change but I dont see much hope for it.

All guilds try to keep as much as we can secret, but there are always hints that "leak" out someway, usually you say something that you think is completely obvious, that some other guilds overlooked, and you are unintentionally helps your competition.
The best part is all the random lvl 1 chars that keep whispering status to see how low we have the bosses :P
Also many people know others from other guilds even tho the sharing of information is very minimal.

Edit: This is not a huge complain post, just got longer than expected :P
Last edited by Treck on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treck

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 am

Era wrote:

Am rooting for you! Would be awesome to see Method at the top!

same here and i am from the US
(iok i admit it is because of treckie) :?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Rhagen » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 am

Treckie nr 1 paladin tank worldwide Bring the victory home!
Rhagen

Postby Era » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 am

I think it's fair to assume that a majority of us here root for Method mainly because of Treckie. ^^

He's our oooown, preeeciousssss little ssssupertank.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am

This forum really needs an added /Like function to posts.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am

Worldie wrote:This forum really needs an added /Like function to posts.

If only we knew some global mod or something who could maybe pass it up the chain? :twisted:
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General