[10H] Blade Lord Tayak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Blade Lord Tayak

Postby Hespherus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 am

So, we are most probably gonna attempt blade lord tonight and i would like to gather as much info about the fight and also hope that it will serve other people too.

From what ive been reading/seeing and using common sense the fight isnt much more different than normal.

There is only 1 new ability where the boss does a whirlwind and sucks everyone it, you have to continously run away from it until the ability ends. Of course use any movement speed increases talents that you might have and escape mechanism.

Other than that, the mechanics stay the same, they just deal a lot more damage.

You need to be more careful with Windstep, having it on 2 people at the same time, usually will spell disaster, because they wont be able to stack with the rest of the group for unseen strike. Its 150k every 3 seconds. Mages can iceblock it. Does anyone know if Pallys can bubble it, or any other class for that matter?

Stampeding roar for the whirlwind can be useful. Keep healing the windstep target during the whirlwind.

Disc priests shine here with their bubbles for the unseen strike. Hpallys not so much in the last phase(or?).

A fight that shouldnt pose too many problems.

More advices/tips are welcomed.
Hespherus

Re: [10H] Blade Lord Tayak

Postby Bellanka » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:40 am

Hespherus wrote:You need to be more careful with Windstep, having it on 2 people at the same time, usually will spell disaster, because they wont be able to stack with the rest of the group for unseen strike. Its 150k every 3 seconds. Mages can iceblock it. Does anyone know if Pallys can bubble it, or any other class for that matter?

Hand of Purity is amazing for this, and it's on a 30-second cooldown.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 am

So, would be Clemency, with the double BoP, wouldnt it?

Also, it would be safe to assume that only shadow priests can solo soak the unseen strike, right?
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:10 am

I guess it comes down to two BoPs on a 5 minute cooldown each or 70% reduced damage on a 30 second cooldown? YMMV, but we found that HoPurity was more beneficial overall as BoP didn't let people soak the Unseen Strike solo and the cooldown on it resulted in much less damage prevented than HoPurity.

We confirmed that Mages can't solo-soak it, and I'm pretty sure our Shadow Priest couldn't either. I can check logs tonight when I get home from work from our first kills - we tried everything in normal mode to be prepared for heroic, so if it's possible it'll be in there.

EDIT: I can see where BoP would be beneficial, especially with multiple paladins in the raid. We run with Prot and Holy at all times, so I may be taking for granted the benefits one might get from having Clemency as the only Paladin in raid.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 pm

but purity is only 6s, that's not much reduction on wind strike while an extra prot is one more full wind strike removal. lots of classes can get rid of it too, so with 2-4 (depending on how man ypaladins you got) extra prots, that goes a pretty long way.
Kai

Postby Hespherus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 am

How is everyone dealing with the stacking. Weve had plenty of tries where it seemed we were perfectly stacked but 2-3 people werent getting hit. Ive read that the boss always attacks the unseen strike targe from behind, but i dont think thats always true, because i got it on myself, and got hit from the front.
Hespherus

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 am

Caveat: Purely anecdotal and only from lots of wipes on normal mode, with inconsistent stacking results:
It seemed like he would appear directly in front of the target (and attack toward behind them) if they did not move after he vanished, or only took a couple of steps (we seemed consistently to be able to predict his cone of attack if the target did not move). If they ran all the way in from range, he seemed to always attack the opposite direction.

I'd almost be tempted to think he actually runs toward the target while hidden, and if the target runs past him he turns around...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Darielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 am

That is pretty much his exact behaviour. When he gets to the target, he self-roots himself and does Unseen Strike towards the new location of his target, which has the side effect of meaning that he'll melee a person who charges in or is in melee range during the split second of being rooted as well.
Darielle

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 am

Hmm. Then it follows that you can control the direction of his strikes - lets say you collapse onto a marker when the Strike is about to go out, then all move in a pre-decided direction when he vanishes. That way the raid members just have to be slightly ahead of whoever gets targetted when he Strikes.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Winkle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 am

Well you can control it anyway, by simply not moving after being targeted by unseen strike. He will attack you head on, standing behind the targeted person will ensure everyone is struck.
Winkle

Postby Darielle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:54 pm

^

It would be far easier to enforce "Don't stand 2,000 yards away from the boss - stand still if you're chosen, everyone pile on" then it would to set up markers, have everyone collapse to that marker, etc.)
Darielle

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I've seen sideways slashes on people that have absolutely not moved.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Chronos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm

25N=/=10H but For what it is worth: Stacking on lucky charms marked tanks who back up 3-5 yards each time works like a charm for our 25 man, have never seen weird slashes and everyone knows where to go.
Chronos

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 am

Chronos wrote:25N=/=10H but For what it is worth: Stacking on lucky charms marked tanks who back up 3-5 yards each time works like a charm for our 25 man, have never seen weird slashes and everyone knows where to go.

This worked perfectly for us. Nice central location, everyone just needs to be right on top of each other and it hits everyone, everytime without fail.

Also HoPurity is much more reliable than HoProtection with clemency. I had HoPurity up for all but a few Blade Tempest/Unseen Strike, while HoP is good p1 is short enough that even with clemency you'll only get two HoProtection. For the times HoPurity wasn't available HoProtection and HoSac did the trick.

Also Warlocks solo soaking strikes with Dark Bargain? Yeah Purity works for their dot too apparently, amazing.
Gab

Postby Fenris » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 pm

We've been stuck on this boss for 3 weeks now (10m)

I honestly can't find a way to do it,it's mosly position problems (cleave throwing people in cyclons and the like)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225220/

A few logs,but i dont know how usefull they are (mainly because our logger uses the localized client :roll: )
:|
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)