Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Treck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am

Thing is, DKs are king of selfhealing on singletarget.
Paladins can really only keep their health up if there are lots of targets (depending on the level ofcourse, with 600k hp its not like 500hits will kill you any time soon.
Treck

Postby Teranoid » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Finally finished the [Know Your Role] achievement.

Achievements like this should never be put in the game EVER again. Shout out to the kick in the balls that if you take damage from any of the prequests before killing the named you won't get credit no matter what you do!

So dumb and, in the case of some classes, borderline impossible unless you find someone willing to let you basically afk in the air while they do all the work.
Teranoid

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Teranoid wrote:Finally finished the [Know Your Role] achievement.

Just a heads up for anyone else that's working on this achievement. To get the one where you have to kill the Yaungol guys (around where you collect the barrels for the other quest) you can use those barrels to kill the Yaungol without taking damage (there are a couple groups that are just in range of you being in the right zone to throw the barrels.)

Figured this out after getting incredibly frustrated with that part (I kept taking damage from the barrel throwers even though I was moving out of their targeted location and they were focused on my helper.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 am

Learned yesteday that my ilevel 454 fire mage can trow out 65k dps with 80% doing it right and 20% luck. Also learned that I do 30k if i`m doing it wrong lol.

Also learned that Alter Time can actually be quite usefull with: Time warp, both trinkets proccing, last tier evocation buf and the instant pyro buff. Alter time resets you to 6 seconds back in time. So I got 6 additional seconds on all duration things, and another free pyroblast :o

I like my mage atm :D
Andurin

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 am

1st kill on both Garalon and wind lord yesterday. \0/
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby econ21 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 am

Shoju wrote:Come back, get leveled, Learn the nuances that have changed, grind reps, grind heroics, and get back into the swing of things?

Leveling felt slower than in Cata, but it's still something you could do in a concentrated week (evenings and some weekend play). On my main, I skipped much of the first zone (leaving as soon as I got to 86) and the entire penultimate zone (the Steppes). The resting bonus helps quite a bit: on my alts, it meant I was able to skip another one or two zones (the Wilds and/or much of Kun-Lai). And leveling is quite pleasant, in itself (as Cata leveling was).

Learning the nuances will take about 5 mins on a blood DK: it's more a matter of trying to spot any difference.

Grinding heroics was FAR easier than I had feared. Insta-queues as a tank and face roll dungeons, I was done with heroic gear after a weekend of far from intense PUGing. I'm now going back to them as probably the most efficient way of getting VPs post-rep grind and am so unfamiliar with them - I ran most only one or two times.

The big time sink for me has been the dailies, for rep and to be able to buy VPs. I guess you could just pace yourself and do it only when/if you want to.
econ21

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 am

JoeBravo wrote:1st kill on both Garalon and wind lord yesterday. \0/

with proof!: http://youtu.be/Wcy8dTS9w1g
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 am

Ugh that priest is... not great.
Levantine

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 am

Levantine wrote:Ugh that priest is... not great.

neither am I on this fight tbh. seen the vid a few times now and see new errors every time >_<
JoeBravo

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 am

Sun Eater get~ One down three more to go for my transmog set. Now if only Archimonde and Nexus Prince would be kind enough to drop their shit so I can focus on herding cats back into firelands.
Levantine

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:27 am

econ21 wrote:
Shoju wrote:Come back, get leveled, Learn the nuances that have changed, grind reps, grind heroics, and get back into the swing of things?

Leveling felt slower than in Cata, but it's still something you could do in a concentrated week (evenings and some weekend play). On my main, I skipped much of the first zone (leaving as soon as I got to 86) and the entire penultimate zone (the Steppes). The resting bonus helps quite a bit: on my alts, it meant I was able to skip another one or two zones (the Wilds and/or much of Kun-Lai). And leveling is quite pleasant, in itself (as Cata leveling was).

Learning the nuances will take about 5 mins on a blood DK: it's more a matter of trying to spot any difference.

Grinding heroics was FAR easier than I had feared. Insta-queues as a tank and face roll dungeons, I was done with heroic gear after a weekend of far from intense PUGing. I'm now going back to them as probably the most efficient way of getting VPs post-rep grind and am so unfamiliar with them - I ran most only one or two times.

The big time sink for me has been the dailies, for rep and to be able to buy VPs. I guess you could just pace yourself and do it only when/if you want to.

And that would be where I lose it. I just don't have the time, or desire to make the time to play to do dailies like that, and It would be about my only way of "progressing" my gear, since there is absolutely no way in hell I'm stepping back into LFR. I think I'd rather walk around with a broken tooth and exposed nerve than to go back to that.

I would be pushing to get geared so that I could... Do something. I know how I am, and I know that I would be frustrated unless I was doing every single daily I could to get the rep and the gear as fast as I could. That's just not something I want to go back to.

As far as the nuances of BLood Dk. I would have to get comfortable with a 1 sec GCD on everything, the loss of several things, the changing of several others, and a remap of my Keybindings, as well as putting a new UI together.

The itch isn't that bad.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 am

Well, if you can tune out a bit, LFR now actually is a lot better than it was late in DS. Probably harder if you want to tank it, but then you are in control of things more.

The worst thing about LFR now is the new loot system, they certainly stretched out the gearing up.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 am

which keeps us playing the same content longer, which keeps us busy longer...
its just like dailies - the longer you have to grind, the long it will take you to get through the content

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 am

Shoju wrote:The itch isn't that bad.

Besides, someone spent most of your gold....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 am

with no 10m version of LFR, there is absolutely no way I would ever run it again. I understand why they do it (only 25m), but my dislike of 25m raiding is just too great, even at a boiled down "lolmode" like LFR.

And I did some research, and I'm pretty sure that I could be up to ~50-60k gold pretty quick, even if I started with just the few K that I left on my toons.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General