[5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Worldie wrote:I also don't like FDCL and DI much, since they are RNG, and RNG is never good.

And if I were specced into both and looking for both those procs, I'd surely be standing in something that I shouldn't be... :lol:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Well it's fairly hard to not notice the procs, considering they both get a overlay AND their buttons lights up like a christmas tree.

And yea but the SP threat is too far below the forum :cry:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: [5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Hmm... there is a thread here... :o
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 pm

It was hidden!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 pm

It was like... 4th or 5th on the page :P
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Yea but that's 3 clicks away from the Frustration thread.

Uhm thinking of it i'll move here that discussion, brb.

edit: Done, a bit thougher than i thought :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Let's try to get some logs rolling.

For example:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yoc4y ... =284&e=677
SK is a more or less ST fight. My simulated DPS is 73k. I'm doing 67k, there's 6k dps I'm missing but I can't figure out how.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm

ITT Worldie thinks he can play as optimally as a sim.

Heads up, you can't.
Levantine

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 am

And to answer the post in the frustration thread - I picked up DS because I have seen too many other spriests (well priests in general) pull 3 or 4 rooms with Halo. Cascade could work very well with aoeing ofcourse, but does it actually worn on singletarget as damage?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 am

And to answer the post in the frustration thread - I picked up DS because I have seen too many other spriests (well priests in general) pull 3 or 4 rooms with Halo. Cascade could work very well with aoeing ofcourse, but does it actually worn on singletarget as damage?
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:33 am

Cascade has some weird behaviour sometimes that makes it be as bad as Halo.

But when it comes to raiding, its damage is just superior. Remember Divine Star also eats you a lot of GCDs.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Indeed, but as it just takes away from MF, I haven't found it so jarring - may be a leftover from pre 5.0 where MF was seriously just "ohh its better than not casting".

After doing my priority today, yeah, I don't do what I wrote, it's
DP3>PW:D>MS**>MB>VT>SW:P>DS>MF

**Being procced instant MS, and only if I have less than 2 stacks or the stack is about to run out, so I lose my instant MB if I don't cast it.

Talentwise I'm running FDCL and DI - mainly because I don't raid, so any time spent under 20% health is an almost instant kill at that point, so I wouldn't gain anything from ToF - also I likek the increased rate of MB, again because I don't raid the added DP means more healing as well.
Also, Forsaken Spriest is silly on the self healing front.

On another note, I am dubious about the haste(softcap)>crit>haste>mastery scheme, I have observed (though not loggeD) mastery proccing from itself, meaning mastery = crit for damage (I haven't noticed anything we have that procs from crit), and the more mastery the more its worth compared to crit (at 50% mastery you have a 25% chance of a double proc, so 50% mastery = 75% more damage - napkin style - while 50% crit is only 50% more damage napkin style (both averaged over time).
As a forsaken it also appears that if a Touch of the Grave proc occurs on the main tick, it will also happen on the mastery proc ticks (this is how I observed double procs).
I like haste, but with mastery being always on (rather than the pre 5.0 implementation) I am thinking haste(softcap)~> Mastery>Crit>Haste or even haste>crit at the end.
(granted I've done no simulations, and haven't checked, but my gutfeeling is that the sims don't allow double procs from mastery)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 pm

There is a theory (from a couple hi-lvl sp, lost somewhere on h2p) about mastery heavy playing with FDCL and DI (which can proc off mastery).

I tried it myself, came out not too differently from a normal haste/crit build, but very DoT reliant, meaning in any situation where you can't dot it falls behind a haste/crit build.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh, yeah, I think I'll stay with DS for L90 btw, if Cascade can be even worse than Halo in some situations - A "work related injury" of being a hunter for so many years, I refuse to use something that will pull unpredictably, thank you very much *eyes hunter pets from Naxx and Ulduar days*
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Well the thing is, Cascade bounces on "stuff in combat".
So it has the following disadvantages:
1) Jumps on CCd targets and breaks CC
2) Can jump on mobs in combat with other players (even enemies) and get you in combat with them
3) Always jumps to the furthest targets first so due to range, might end up hitting stuff you didn't want to hit and not hitting stuff you want it to hit, you can only really control the first bounce.
4) Costs same amount of mana of Halo even having half the CD, thus draining your mana very fast if you can't keep VT up consistently.

Other than that, at least from raiding perspective, there's almost no fight where you are constantly in melee range to warrant the use of Divine Star. I suppose if you play only solo and don't even join hcs / lfr, it's probably better, even though mobs barely reach me nowadays when I'm on my own.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes