Remove Advertisements

[5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [5.0.5] Shadow Priest

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Aye, that's what I'm saying, Spirit/Hit (usually Spirit) is best used in blue sockets, but even then, you shouldn't be using pure blues.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Your Energized gem makes me sad then.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 pm

I wouldn't look into my gems too much. They are largely based on AH pricing or what my JC can make. And what AMR suggests (cause I'm lazy.) For whatever reason it has me putting haste in over int in most sockets, though according to icy-veins, that's actually correct with their stat weights. Running the sims with my gear (see stat weights I posted earlier today) has me mostly in Brilliant, so I'll be looking at them later.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 am

You telling me Purified gems on your realm go for less than 500g each? :<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 am

Like, 60 last time I checked. It's great, the gem market on SC is completely tanked.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 am

One would expect Silvermoon market to be perfect (7k population 99% alliance), but Veiled gems are so absent.

Either ways, I don't like FDCL + DI gameplay. Too many procs, when you got more than 1 target often you end up wasting procs due to too many of them at same time. I'm playing Mindbender + DI right now (istant MB still very cool when moving). Surprised by the amount of damage Mindbender does.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I was kinda "meh" about Mindbender. If I got rid of either proc, it'd be DI for TF, or even PI to go with my on use trinket. Without DI, it makes the Glyph of Mind Spike feel less wasted, since I'd have to get 3 MS procs within a single MB cd for it to lose out on one (and even then, the MS proc lasts long enough, I can probably just save it until after.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 am

On the subject of talents, L90 talents, what are people using, and why?

Personally I'm using Divine Star, as I find Halo too uncontrollable, and Cascade, while I haven't tried it, seem like its a bad damage cooldown on a singletarget (nothing to bounce off).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 am

I'm using Halo, because it's pretty and really not as hard to control as one would think (also, there's an add-on for that.) For single target... I can't really say that any one is better than another, since they're all pretty much designed for multi-targets. That being said, you'd ideally swap it based on the fight type. If everyone is spread out, Cascade would shine. For stacked/lined up fights, Divine Star. Halo could be used for spread out as well, but would probably work best if there were two groups (within 30 yds of each other) kind of like how most people did Zonozz.

Of course, that's largely based on the healing sides of them, but still holds true for dps.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

temp

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Worldie wrote:Afraid I'm a facemelting priest.

Wait a minute... we need to compare notes... I'm a purplecloudpriest, and I'm awesome at single target, but terrible at the multiples...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Quick add me to id - msn - skype - something :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm reasonable at both ;-)

Multitarget = SW:P galore (and instant MBs) - throw in VT if there is time to add som einstant MS here and there.
Single target; ^SW:P>^VT>DP3>MB*>MS*>MB>MF
(* meaning instant from either proc or from double MS with glyph for MB)
Oh yeah, I use the L90 talent somewhere too - Divine Star I use - before MF

[Fatty Goatsteak] come at me!
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 pm

The proper ST priority for SP is DP3 > MB > MS (FDCL) > Cascade/Halo > SWP > VT > MF

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Worldie wrote:The proper ST priority for SP is DP3 > MB > MS (FDCL) > Cascade/Halo > SWP > VT > MF

But you still wind up opening with the dots, and I only use MS on things like Elegon's sparks, since I'm specced for ToF/Bender instead of FDCL/DI, since I hate watching procs.

Also what a lot don't realize (nor did I until reading H2P) is that Halo has a sweet spot, after which damage goes back down. So Cascade is better if you can't reliably get into position to maximize Halo.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Cascade is better more or less in all the fights in this tier since there's always positional requirement including being in melee range, where Cascade still does more damage than MF, while Halo barely hits for 16k or so.

The "max dps" spec is FDCL+ToF, however, this varies greatly from fight to fight. I change talents fairly often.

I also don't like FDCL and DI much, since they are RNG, and RNG is never good.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes