All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

But the receivers aren't very close to the lineman, even on a shallow drag they are going to be a few yards up the field. The line is continually moving back towards the QB. If you can see over the line, you can pretty easily see anyone on the field. If you can't see over that line, then your sight stops at them so you have to shift around and find gaps to see anyone. There are also blocking techniques that lower the line's height for quick passes.

Basically, tall QBs can see everyone more often than a short QB, also a tall QB has an easier time throwing over the line than a short QB. That part is pretty obvious, but I don't think it's a big handicap for Wilson. He's got a knack for finding the openings he needs and the athletic ability to pull it off. Would he be better if he was 6-4 and just as mobile? Sure, but that doesn't mean he can't do the job at 5'11'' with his other skills being pretty good.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:59 am

Well, It's a hail mary this week on the waiver wire to try and save my season.

McGahee, Out
Gronk, Out

Both for what appears to be an extended period of time.

My backup TE is a joke (Brent Celek) in points, because neither Vick Nor Foles use him.
My spare RB is the Law Firm (BJGE), and he's been pretty inconsistent.

So now, I'm hoping that I can get the following 5 transactiosn completed.

1.) Drop B. Celek for V. Davis
2.) Drop Josh Gordon for Ronnie Hillman
3.) Drop Brandon Lloyd for T.Y. Hilton (A gamble. Kids been putting up good numbers. Might be helpful)
4.) Drop Stevie Johnson (what a freaking dissapointment) Add Cecil Shorts
5.) Defensive Carousel again! Bringing in the Panthers D for the week against the rookie QB Foles.

I'm just hoping that the waiver wire is kind to me this week. I put my claim in on Davis when I saw that Gronk had a broken arm monday night, so I'm hoping that no one else suffered an injury to a TE before monday night's game (I would be awarded him on time of claim)
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Really needed Chicago to step up and beat San Francisco. Now Chicago is a wild-card instead of a division leader, and my Seahawks don't hold a tie-breaker over them.

That makes the game in two weeks a Must Win, and it's an early start at Soldier Field. The Seahawks haven't been very good on the road this year, and historically have been dreadful in early games. We'll be coming off the NFL's longest road trip (Miami) as well.

New Orleans appears to have woken up, so a loss to Chicago would likely put the Bears and Saints in the wildcard spots, with Seattle on the outside looking in.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Koatanga wrote:New Orleans appears to have woken up, so a loss to Chicago would likely put the Bears and Saints in the wildcard spots, with Seattle on the outside looking in.

That depends on when Cutler gets back, because they aren't winning without him.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 am

Well, I'm not going to call my Fantasy Football Season over, but.... my wife murdered me. We were watching the news together, and she saw that Gronk was hurt, and saw Mcgahee was hurt at the same time as me. What did she do? Did some homework, and claimed the guys I was going after. Since she is at 6-5, and I'm at 8-3, she got the claims, and I'm scrambling (seriously, I've made over my entire bench) to make it through these last two games.

I can't blame her, her division is quite tighter than mine, and if the playoffs started this week, she would be out, as the 2nd place team holds the tiebreakers against her. (same record) Her division is 7-4, 6-5, 6-5 (her), 5-6 (my son), 3-8. My division is 10-1, 8-3 (me), and then.... really bad from there.

I gotta say, Having your wife and son playing the same FF league as me is pretty cool, even when your wife steals your players.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Man... The Browns have hit an all time low. They are giving out White Flags to every fan in attendance at the Steelers game this Sunday. I'm not even joking.

Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm

so... they're now Le Cleveland Marrons?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

I believe you misspelled Morons. Because from top to bottom, that's seemingly all they're full of.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

was going for the french word for brown

maybe i should have gone with the french word for shit stain =P

Also
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--direc ... 35294.html
At a time when the NFL is so concerned about player safety, why does the league continue to have conversion kicks?

By this measure, parks should outlaw seesaws and slides because a 4 year old tumbled and scrapped its knee...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm

No kidding... I think doing away with PATs has merit because of the mechanics of it, but it's not a play where people are prone to injury, so lumping it in as a safety thing is pretty dubious. His system of making a team have to attempt them when their kicker gets injured is absurd.

You can certainly make PATs a much more compelling part of the game without removing them. Plus the ability to go for two is a great twist that should be kept. Move it back to like 35 yards or something along those lines, and then it gets a bit more interesting.

According to some officials the league would have done away with kickoffs altogether if they could come up with some equivalent mechanic to the onsides kick.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Fridmarr wrote:No kidding... I think doing away with PATs has merit because of the mechanics of it, but it's not a play where people are prone to injury, so lumping it in as a safety thing is pretty dubious. His system of making a team have to attempt them when their kicker gets injured is absurd.

You can certainly make PATs a much more compelling part of the game without removing them. Plus the ability to go for two is a great twist that should be kept. Move it back to like 35 yards or something along those lines, and then it gets a bit more interesting.

According to some officials the league would have done away with kickoffs altogether if they could come up with some equivalent mechanic to the onsides kick.

I just think the writer is upset he lost Gronk in his fantasy football thing.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isn't the point of having reviews to get play correct on the field? If so, then doesn't not reviewing a play because of an illegally thrown challenge flag completely undermine that intent? Good lord, if you throw a flag illegally, then that ought to be unsportsmanlike conduct (15yrd penalty and automatic 1st down), but the logic to just not review the play is staggeringly stupid.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:34 pm

agreed.... the lions got jobbed
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 pm

J-E-T-S lol lol lol.

Wow, they are just horrible.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:50 pm

they should just put Timmy there~
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General