Valor reward discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm

halabar wrote:Well, they are introducing 1 new rep per faction... :-)

I'll reserve judgment until it's for sure they're sticking with the dailies only method of rep gains. And even if that's the case, they'd also have to hide the VP gear behind those reps for it to even be a concern.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

bldavis wrote:which is fine, if you get the drops
what if you are like klaud and nika in previous tiers and teh bosses horde all of a slot and laugh at you?
that is when a valor piece is prob a good idea
plus if you have everything else upgraded already

if you havent guessed, i am stating several weeks/months down the road, not the week it comes out

sadly, most of the cursed slots aren't available from valor... (although it's a fair point I may be forced to get the poorly itemized valor legs if I can't ditch the 463 that I have).

and I think you may have missed my point. I'm not saying skip them entirely, but I am saying that a RL expecting everyone to be Rep-capped in 2 weeks or whatever is asking way too much. You took my original exaggeration of a certain RL and twisted it around to everyone who doesn't spend all their time maximizing a raid toon is a leech.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:Well, they are introducing 1 new rep per faction... :-)

I'll reserve judgment until it's for sure they're sticking with the dailies only method of rep gains. And even if that's the case, they'd also have to hide the VP gear behind those reps for it to even be a concern.

Well since you asked... I believe dailes are the only method, but there's an added twist. The rep gear is ilvl 496 boots and belts.

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Er...why is Mastery green on that?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Er...why is Mastery green on that?

dunno, ask wowinsider.... :arrow:

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:07 pm

They changed the way item tooltips work. They got rid of the Equip: text and now all secondary stats are listed the same as primaries but in green.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 pm

But then... why isn't spirit in green text? Is it not considered a secondary stat?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Not on current gear no, (its listed with primaries on current gear as well)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Spirit is like the special kid of the stats: It's listed as a primary, but counts as secondary for reforging and itemization purposes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 am

Still don't know why they don't just combine spirit and hit into the same stat. As it is, there are only 2 int based classes that don't want to see spirit on their gear.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 am

bldavis wrote:idgara what you do
i was just saying if someone is still needing gear, and wants to purchase it, then they still need to use rep to get them
i am all for upgrading your best slot first, but once they are fully upgraded, why not fill in low slots?

and im sorry but this is YOU
that isnt the same for everyone

Same applies to your statements ;)
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:49 am

Skye1013 wrote:Still don't know why they don't just combine spirit and hit into the same stat. As it is, there are only 2 int based classes that don't want to see spirit on their gear.

Mainly because they want to keep the distinction between dps cloth and healer cloth, and dps accessories and healer accessories i believe.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 am

Skye1013 wrote:Still don't know why they don't just combine spirit and hit into the same stat. As it is, there are only 2 int based classes that don't want to see spirit on their gear.

Maybe then we can finally have holy paladins wear Str plate and get rid of the abomination that is Int plate.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am

Int plate would make much more sense if they introduced a 2nd class that uses it though.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

Sabindeus wrote:

Maybe then we can finally have holy paladins wear Str plate and get rid of the abomination that is Int plate.

How would combining spirit and hit fix that problem? They still wouldn't want str/hit gear.

Or are you saying that when they consolidate hit and spirit, they should go ahead and do the same with STR/Int, or re-work holy paladin mechanics (which is fair IMO - all it would take is a "Guarded by the Light"-esque passive that reads, "Strength bonuses from gear reward intellect instead").
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General